Raleigh, NC *****
MUTUAL DRUG COMPANY - Durham, NC
January 2019 to March 2020
Managed portfolio of over 80 independent pharmacy accounts representing over $200m sales.
* Executed business development strategies to increase sales of pharmaceuticals, durable medical equipment and consumer products.
* Exceeded sales territory goals during FYE 2019.
* Consulted with store owners to help them manage, market, and grow their business in the midst of a challenging managed care/PBM environment.
* Built and maintained strong working relationships with key customers by keeping them informed of product information, new promotions, and industry changes.
* Prospected market area for new sales and worked to augment existing accounts.
* Advised pharmacies about value-added offerings in addition to selling deals and promotions.
* Promoted business operations, programs and services available for member pharmacies. Account Manager
BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF NORTH CAROLINA - Durham, NC January 2012 to December 2018
Sold Health, Life, and Disability multi-million dollar product portfolio to over 130 group market accounts.
* Top 5 sales ranking for 2017
* Generated over $35 million in premium sales.
* Exceeded sales team goal of over 95% account retention rate through interactions with corporations and brokers.
* Achieved top sales performance awards for Life, Disability and Worksite insurance lines.
* Developed and implemented specific account management strategy plans.
* Maximized ROI and revenue generation through group contract negotiation.
* Advised clients on Affordable Care Act, payer benefits administration and health care cost management.
Associate Director, Sales Training
August 2008 to December 2011
Provided leadership and direction to all aspects of the Sales Training Department. Established vision and devised shared objectives for training and marketing brand strategy for core pain products, which included NAPRELAN®, XODOL®, DOLGIC PLUS®, FEXMID®.
* Created curriculum and all training programs for Initial Sales, Advanced Sales, Management, and Compliance.
* Trained and mentored 160 sales representatives and managers that grew territory sales on average of 240%.
* Collaborated with cross-functional teams on key promotional programs, new product introductions, and other growth initiative plans for 7 products that reached $100M gross sales in 2010.
* Planned, coordinated, and facilitated Sales and Marketing meetings that included National Sales Meetings and Field Advisory Boards.
* Developed new Area Sales Trainer Developmental Position leading to Field Sales career advancement.
* Managed training activities of 12 Area Sales Trainers who assisted in regional and national initiatives. Region Sales Manager
VICTORY PHARMA - Cary, NC
October 2006 to August 2008
Created and managed the Southeast Region Sales Team of 10 Territory Managers for a start-up specialty pain management pharmaceutical company. Set sales strategy and directed initiatives for region that consisted of Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia.
• Capitalized on opportunity to identify and create 10 new territories for sales force expansion, promoting positive sales growth in previously untapped geographical areas.
• Demonstrated effective hiring decisions as 4 out of 10 representatives hired achieved the Circle of Excellence.
• Coached sales representatives to enhance on-the-job performance that led to high level of sales success (i.e., regional sales team generated 273% year over-year new prescriptions for primary products).
• Managed region sales budgets and field-related expenses while maximizing ROI.
• Conducted and analyzed research data to drive market share advantage over competition. Senior Manager, Business Development
CRITICAL THINKING COMPANY - Cary, NC
May 2005 to October 2006
Formulated sales and marketing plans for full service sales training consulting corporation. Drove strategy development and implementation initiatives. Acquired and generated new sales leads, prepared formal proposals, assisted vendors in marketing plans, brand imaging and awareness, and closed new contracts.
* Led divisional sales team which netted $125K profit within 3 months and annual sales over $500k.
* Leveraged industry relationships with C-level executives and pharmaceutical companies to secure sales training contracts with leading biotech and pharmaceutical companies such as industry leaders Genentech and GlaxoSmithKline.
* Launched Psoriasis Virtual Preceptorship Program for Genentech Dermatology Division leading to over 20% market share gain.
Training Manager - Respiratory
GLAXOSMITHKLINE PHARMACEUTICALS - Research Triangle Park, NC January 2000 to May 2005
Directed all aspects of sales and management training for respiratory product franchise. Contributed to Respiratory Brand Team as the lead corporate sales trainer.
* Oversaw 15 Regional Training Managers and administrative personnel.
* Trained over 4,000 Sales Representatives for launch of GSK's blockbuster drug ADVAIR®.
* Represented four $B-dollar blockbuster brands that included ZANTAC®, ADVAIR®, FLONASE®, AUGMENTIN®.
* Gained specialized expertise in multiple therapeutic drug classes that included respiratory, dermatology, allergy, gastroenterology, ant-infectives, and anti-virals.
* Selected to GSK's exclusive Emerging Leadership Development Program for managers and future leaders.
Glaxo Wellcome; Senior Sales Representative
PharmChem Laboratories; Senior Account Manager
State Farm Insurance Company; Senior Claims Representative Eveready Energizer Battery Company; Senior Sales Representative Education
Bachelor of Science in Economics
Santa Clara University - Santa Clara, CA
• Highly accomplished professional with proven success managing sales, marketing, and strategic planning responsibilities within pharmaceutical, healthcare, and insurance organizations. Repeatedly promoted into leadership roles based on demonstrated capabilities in executing strategy, forecasting, technology utilization, optimizing P&L and budget management, and leading organizations through critical transitions. Adept in managing sales initiatives within companies that set record growth in saturated markets. Decisive leader with expertise in penetrating untapped markets, surpassing sales targets, increasing customer retention, and identifying growth opportunities. Additional areas of expertise include:
• Leadership and Management
• Revenue Growth
• Strategic Planning
• CRM (Salesforce) utilization
• Product Launch
• Account Management and Negotiation
• Presentation/Facilitation delivery
• Consultative B2B sales
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Competitive Analysis
• Sales Management
• Business Development
• Managed Care
• Portfolio Management