PO. Box : **1, Dummaladeniya, Warakapola,
E mail – email@example.com
Mob : +973-**-***-***
• Name In Full : Delgollalage Poshitha Darshananayana
• Date of Birth : 07th of February 1980
• Age : 40 years
• Civil Status : Married with two kids
• Nationality : Sri Lankan
• Religion : Buddhist
• Attended Schools : St. Thomas’ College – Guruthalawa, Sri Lanka (GCE - O/L) D.S.Senanayake Central College – Tholangamuwa, Sri Lanka
(GCE - A/L)
Professional Qualifications & Experience
• I’m currently working as an Executive –Sales at APL Bahrain representing CMA CGM Shipping Lines, since 01-April-2017 till date, covering below functions/responsibilities., o Visit new/existing customers to market services of the company and to develop import, export market share & increase revenue / volumes of the company. o Coordinate with pricing departments in regional offices and head office to obtain freight rates and negotiate with local customers for their shipping/logistics requirements.
o Communicate with overseas agents to reactivate lost businesses and new business opportunities through sale leads, based on information gathered from local market. o Update regional office with market situations via emails & conference calls. o Handle import key customers (freight collect) of CMA CGM / coordinate with overseas offices for vessel space / equipment allocation based on volume forecast of the client.
o Coordinate with overseas logistics teams for intermodal requirements. o Guide / Assist customer service & documentation team teams whenever necessary. o Handle cargo claims receiving from import customers and coordinate with claims departments and insurance brokers until the file is closed. o Monitor / follow up payment collections in order to meet KPIs set by principals.
• Worked as an Executive - Import Sales and Customer Service at Fakhro Shipping Agency
(Agents for CMA CGM Shipping Lines – Bahrain) from April 2015 until March 2017,
- In addition to the functions / responsibilities mentioned in above, I was also handled o Manifest filling for import shipments.
o Follow up company process for idling full containers. o Assist operations with equipment controlling, system updates and operations activities when required / as backup for Operations team.
• Worked as an Executive – Sales & Operations at Freight Systems Logistics (FSL) in Doha, Qatar (From November 2010, until March 2015), covering below areas. o Visit customers to market Sea, Air and land freight services of the company. o Communicate with existing customers for new business/trade lanes. o Supervise Operation team customs clearance Sea/Air desks and DO counter –consist of 5 employees.
o Liaise with overseas agents/pricing dept. for obtaining freight rates and offer to clients, based on inquires/requirements.
o Follow up payments with customers and collet payments within agreed credit terms. o Communicate with overseas agent and arrange necessary services required for import shipments in receiving side.
o Handle sales leads receiving from overseas agents.
• Worked for Mitsui OSK Lines (Lanka) Pvt Ltd., Colombo, Sri Lanka, as an Executive-Sales from March, 2007 to November 2010, covering below areas. o Freight rate negotiation with Hong Kong & Japan MOL trade/pricing managements for inbound/outbound inquires receiving from the local customers o Develop container inbound/outbound volumes of the line for Japan/FE sector. o Communicated with overseas offices and transhipment ports for securing space on vessels for bookings secured locally.
o Update pricing departments about local market rates condition. o Visit new/existing customers in order to offer freight services of the company. o Overlook operational & documentation process of MOL Consolidation section. o Prepare and present sales performance reports monthly basis to the management.
• Worked for MOL Consolidation Service, Colombo, Sri Lanka. (Consolidation arm of Mitsui OSK Lines Ltd.,) as an Operation Analyst, since March, 2006 up to March 2007, covering below areas,
o Planning of cargo consolidation according to booking instructions receive from garment factories / obtain approvals from regional buyer’s office to move cargoes to respective destinations per buyer instructions.
o Coordinated with Suppliers, Shipping Lines, Freight Forwards and Stuffing Yard to meet set cut-off time for cargo deliveries/containers to CFS/port. o Developed areas to improve process of supply chain and also to minimize operational costs for the company.
o Process pre/post documents as per buyers instructions.
• I was attached to Smart Shirts (Lanka) Ltd., Colombo Sri Lanka as a Shipping Clerk (Since 2003 November up to 2006 March), handled documentation/operations duties related to Air/Sea, export/import shipments.
• Worked as a Documentation Clark at Accord Express (Lanka) Limited, Colombo, Sri Lanka, handled all export and import liner documentation. Educational Qualifications
• 1996- G.C.E. (O/L) Examination -
English Language D
Sinhala Language D
Social Studies C
Commerce & Accounts C
• 2001 - G.C.E. (A/L) Examination -
Applied Mathematics S
• Successfully completed The Charted Shipbrokers Foundation course-UK in 2006/2007. Key subjects,
o Introduction to Shipping
o Port Agency
• Sat for The Charted Shipbrokers Qualifying Examinations in April, 2008 and got through the subject ‘Shipping Business’
• Successfully completed the Diploma Course in International Trade, Shipping & Logistics conducted by The Institute of Commercial Studies, Colombo, Sri Lanka in 2005.
• Participated 3 days training session in IMDG codes held at Mitsui OSK Lines - Chennai office, India in 2009.
• Participated 2 days training session in IMDG codes held at CINEC Maritime Campus, Malabe, Sri Lanka, conducted by GL (Germanischer Lloyd) Academy, Colombo, Sri Lanka in 2010.
• Have passed ACS (Australian Computer Society) Examination in IT (Fundamentals of IT) Paper I & II and Programming. (IDM – Colombo, Sri Lanka) in 2002/03.
• Very much capable of handling the application software like MS WORD, MS EXCEL, processing data entry & using E-Mails.
• Won the 4th Place/Scholarship at Institute of Charted Shipbrokers (ICS-UK) Examination - 2007 (Index No. : 24267)
• Represented St. Thomas’ College, Guruthalawa, Sri Lanka. in Rugby Football under 15.
• Member of the English Club at D.S.Senanayake Central College, Tholangamuwa, Sri Lanka
• Member of the Science Society at D.S.Senanayake Central College Tholangamuwa, Sri Lanka.
• Participated in the athletic events in annual college/mercantile sports meets. References available on request
I affirm that the particulars furnished above are true and accurate. I assure that I can hold any responsibility and discharge my duty to the best satisfaction of the management. 22/05/2020