UZZAM HASNI RIAZ, ACA, FCCA
Kitchener, ON 226-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org linkedin.com/in/uzzamriaz/ PROFILE
A qualified Chartered Accountant with over 15 years’ experience in Canada and international markets managing complex client relationships and projects. Reliable team player with business intelligence and in-depth knowledge of ASPE, ASNPO, and IFRS with exceptional leadership skills in managing cross-functional teams with a focus on quality deliverables, while maintaining a balance between risk management and engagement economics. PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE & TECHNICAL SKILLS
Engagement and Project Management: Project management, negotiation, resource management, value optimization, relationship management, coaching, business development, proposals, engagement recoveries/contributions, budgeting, fee finalization, risks assessments, business process/internal controls review, audit/review/compilation engagements’ management, audit transitions.
Software Proficiencies: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Teams), exposure to ERP systems of JD Edwards, Sage line 50 and 4, Quick Books, SAP and BST8, Deloitte’s auditing software and Caseware. Financial Framework Certifications and Proficiencies: International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) (Deloitte IFRS Accreditation), Canadian Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Canadian Accounting Standards for Not-for- profit Organizations (ASNPO), Canadian Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (CGAAS), International Standards on Auditing (ISA), Pension Plan Accounting.
Deloitte LLP, Canada 2018 to present
Manager - Assurance and Advisory
Reported to Engagement and Quality Assurance Partners.
• Led and managed complex audits and advisory engagements for an extensive range of privately-owned businesses including subsidiaries of companies publicly listed in Euronext, Paris, and Canada. Contributed to the devise and implementation of engagement staffing and business plans for the practice group. Served and, managed board-level communication with client management. The client portfolio encompassed Companies from financial services, hydro, tech, real estate, construction, and manufacturing sectors etc., with revenues ranging from $500K to $1Billion.
• Evaluated and assisted in the successful implementation of the recent adoption of IFRS 9, 15, and 16 for credit unions, hospitality, energy, and construction companies.
• Spearheaded project plan for the first-time adoption of IFRS from ASPE for a renewable energy client.
• Coached a client to achieve Deloitte Canada’s Best Managed Companies Platinum Award.
• Performed complex accounting and financial analysis, including assessments of goodwill impairment and drafted precise technical memos.
• Generated extra billing over agreed fees, reviewed the implementation of the client’s new financial accounting systems through resource engagement and accurate business correspondence.
• Ensured timely completion of audits under challenging circumstances, received client and board commendation for delivering against the deadlines.
• Refined resource allocation strategy, amplified engagement recoveries by 20%.
• Quantified, negotiated, and generated incremental work, resulted in 10% additional billings for FY2019.
• Ongoing: Led the whole audit (from planning till drafting reports), Working with internal auditors, Evaluation and communication of engagement findings and issues, Oversee group and referral engagements, Participation in Audit Committee and Board meetings, Business development, Client relationship building, Drafting engagement proposals, Coordination with tax and advisory service lines, Internal and External practice reviews, Counsel audit staff, Facilitating staff training, Engagement WIP, variance recognition, contribution, billings, and receivable analysis, Drafting engagement budgets, Engagement fee finalization. Resume: Uzzam Hasni Riaz Page 2 of 2
Deloitte & Touché, Barbados 2009 to 2018
Senior Manager - Audit and Advisory 2015 to 2018
Manager - Audit and Advisory 2012 to 2015
Senior Staff Accountant- Audit and Advisory 2009 to 2012 Reported to Engagement and Quality Assurance Partners.
• Served as a lead Senior Manager for clients primarily from banking, reinsurance, investments funds, mining, and energy sectors with revenues ranging from US$1million to $4Billion. Coached the team through the entire audit process, preparing all necessary deliverables with an eye on quality, thoroughness, and accuracy. Part of the quality assurance group and also assisted practice inspection teams with their reviews. Coordinated with other Deloitte offices for referral engagements mainly upstream and downstream, to ensure seamless execution of the assignments both locally and internationally.
• Headed an engagement for an offshore bank in the early adoption of IFRS 9 with limited resources and a fixed timeline.
• Led an agreed-upon engagement for a bank’s daily settlement procedures involving process and control documentation, issue investigation, and recommendations to streamline operations with its global parent and its offshore delivery center, which resulted in a reduction of bank’s suspense account balance within regulatory limits.
• Led the manager's client and industries business development group.
• Apt resource utilization, improved recoveries by 30% for FY2017.
• Awarded Deloitte employee of the year 2015, for seamlessly leading the audit of a global bank with 29 banking and reinsurance operations.
• Supervised numerous engagements that involved first-time adoption of IFRS or IFRS for SMEs, resulted in incremental advisory fees for FY2017.
Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu, Pakistan 2005 to 2009
Staff Accountant – Audit / Financial Advisory 2005 to 2009 Secondment – Deloitte Saudi Arabia 2007 and 2008
Reported to Engagement Managers.
• Worked on a range of audit and agreed upon procedures assignment such as due diligence, business valuations, strategic business plans, and business process reviews and recommendations for several clients.
• Praised for handing complex audits that resulted in being selected twice by the firm’s audit management team for short term Secondment to Deloitte – Saudi Arabia.
• Valued by team leads for taking on difficult and non-traditional valuation engagement and completing the task with little or no guidance, within the set timeline. EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Institute of Chartered Accountants of England and Wales Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA)
Association of Chartered Certified Accountant, UK
Fellow Chartered Certified Accountant (FCCA)
Chartered Management Institute, UK
Alzheimer Society Waterloo Wellington 2019 to present Member on Board of Directors and Treasurer
Rotary Club of Kitchener Grand River 2018 to Present Member and Deputy Treasurer
Camp Enterprise of Golden Triangle Region (Municipality of Waterloo) 2018 to Present Member Organising Committee/ Coach
CPD Committee of Institute of Chartered Accountants of Barbados 2014 to 2018 Member
Loc ati on : HEAD O FFICE C amb ridge, On tari oAs an i nteg ral part of t he s enior leaders hip te am, the Finance Ma nag er is a key c ont ribut or t o consisten t an d g rowing financial p erf ormance of t he business. The role will be a ccou ntabl e fo r th e pe rfo rma nce of multiple finance fu nctions including ad ministration, financial a ccou nting / re por ting, ann ual b udg eting an d rolli ng fo rec asts, decision sup por t an d an alytics and mar ket insights. Additional r esp onsibilities include ov ersight of all financial policies and pr oced ures to ensu re co mpliance and alignment with c o rpor ate policies. Personal Traits / C ompetencies : Work Ethic! This is not y our typical 9- 5 work envi ron men t..The C ash 4 You Te am is fired up and on a gr owth pat h to wi n market sha re.We know i t is g oing t o tak e a l ot of ha rd wo rk, s mar t thinking and unsel fish coll abo ration. C hang e Agent! Strategic thinker w ho t ransl ates i nto pra gma tic impl ementation. Enj oys ch allenging t he st atus quo, de bating to find the right soluti on a nd t hen compromising to g et t o th e exe cution. Welc ome s Chaos! Man ages s tres s an d maintai ns co mpos ure und er pres sur e. Urgency ! Resul ts orient ation with a high sens e of ur gency . Performance! D rives a pe rfor ma nce c ulture an d h as a s tro ng metric orientati on. Tal ent Scout! D emo nstr ated ability of identifying st ron g an d dive rse talen t, d evelopi ng t alent thr oug h mentor-s hip a nd f acilitating succ ess in othe rs. Responsibilities : * Corporate St rat egy*Works with t he VP or Equival ent t o cr eate the global bu siness plan to su ppo rt t he co mp any st rat egies thr oug h a c onse nsus proc ess inv olving t he i nput of ke y op era tions man age rs f rom acr oss th e co mpa ny;incl uding Regional Man age rs, Dist rict Ma nage rs, Trai ning and Collecti on Specialists* Talent Acquisition an d Dev elopment* P rovides leaders hip t o de velop eff ective ope rating syst ems, policies and pr oced ures includi ng t alent rec ruit ment and trai ning s yste ms th at will e nable cor por ate s taff to ac hieve exce ptional busi ness resul ts Conduc ts re gula r o ne- on- one mee tings, pe rfor ma nce reviews and evaluations to s upp ort the achiev ement of indivi dual devel opment and per for man ce pl ans* Planni ng a nd Financial Repor ting* Man age the ann ual a nd q uar terly planning and for ecasti ng cycl e s and all rel ated ad hoc mana ge ment rep orti ng r equ ests Developing an und ersta nding of pr oducts an d pr ofit d rive rs to enh ance the for ecasti ng a nd pl anni ng p roce ss Ensure the i nteg rity o f all fi nancial rec ords an d lead th e acco unti ng te am to e nsur e ti mely a nd ac cur ate mont hly a nd q uar terly financial r epo rting and exp ense analy sis / inv estiga tions* Business Development an d Analy tics* Preparation of key str ategic and qu antita tive a nalyses of t he business to facilitat e fa ct ba sed decision making wit h a focus on i ncre men tal r even ue gene rati on / grow th D evelopment a n d mai nten ance of n ecess ary dash boa rds both aut oma ted and ma nual, acro ss multiple data sets to p rovide insight a nd d rive business d ecisions; delive r n ew re por ts an d e nha nce exis ting rep orts to meet custo me r an d o per ational ne eds Execution of enti re p rojec ts fr om s tart to fi nish incl uding pr oject ma nage me nt, d ata gath ering, manipulation, modeli ng, p ro blem s olving, an d co mmu nication of key insights and rec ommendations to driv e rev enu e g rowth* C ommunications* D evelops an d maintai ns r egula r a nd c onsta nt co mmunicati on st rat egies i ncludi ng memorandums, web casts, co nfe renc e calls, i n pe rso n meetings an d se mina rs to facilita te co rpo rat e str ate gy an d co ntinuous i mpr ovement. Dev elop and main tain positive rel ations hips wit h key business a nd financ e pa rtne rs a nd othe r sta kehol ders an d eff ectively communicate relev ant / me aningful reco mmendations on a ra nge of fi nanc e management iss ues or r elated o per ational pr ocess es L ead the pr esent ation of business an alysis r esults, pr ovide guidance and str ategic rec ommendations to senio r a nag eme nt to ad dress specific busi ness oppo rtu nities / issuesP refe rr ed Qu alifications : MBA / CPA Prior managerial exp erience pref er redEducation a nd / or Experience : Bachelor's D egr ee in Finance, Business, Accounting, o r Economics req uired At l east 5 yea rs financial analy st a nd / or a ccou nting exp erience r equi redProfessi onal Skills : Strong verbal a nd wri tten communication skills Must be able t o r ead, write and spe ak Englis h Must be a ble t o an alyze data an d dr aw logic al co nclusions an d r ecommendations f rom the dat a Ability to lead and direc t cleric al po sitions Profi cient c omputer skills wi th emphasis on W ord and Excel