Patricia .R. Nelson
Contact information 475-***-****)
Seeking to secure a challenging position as a valued member of your company, as one who is driven to excellent customer service and quality work.
~SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS~
A mature energetic, reliable individual with exceptional interpersonal skills. Several years in the healthcare industry and handling pertinent medical records data. Excellent communication with patients and other health care staff. Demonstrable ability to function independently in an office setting. A keen focus on the needs of customers with an ability to resolve problems. Detailed- oriented with a dedication for taking on challenging tasks. Extensive medical vernacular with experience of operating a variety of medical computerized systems.
RTI INTERNATIONAL/ HEADWAY SOLUTION
Fairfield County Division
● Conduct fieldwork for survey research projects.
● Able to demonstrate data collection of the highest possible quality and conduct all activities in a efficient and cost-effective means.
● Obtain cooperation of survey respondents by accurately and effectively answering questions and addressing concerns while maintaining a professional, respectful demeanor.
● Maintain accurate, up-to- date records.submit accurate and timely reports.
● Adhere strictly to project dealines for completing interviews, reporting progress.
● Accurately complete all projects documents including electronic survey instruments and all reporting forms.
● Safeguard to all privacy acts of 1974.
provide, prompt reliable and accurate reporting to supervisor. FAIRFIELD FAMILY CARE, Stamford, Connecticut March 2016 Caregiver Companion
● Engage client with activities includes taking walks, reading, complete errands on the client’s behalf.
● Manage client schedule and accompany to doctor’s visits or other appointments.
● Maintaining a safe, clean and healthy environment for clients. BRONX LEBANON HOSPITAL, Bronx New York April 1989- April 2003 Emergency Services Department (1993-2003)
● Performed registration for 200 ailing patients by verifying insurance documents for accuracy to prohibit delays in billing and avoid financial errors.
● Maintained and created HIPAA electronic file for each patient. Page 1 of 3
Patricia .R. Nelson
● Primary Liaison between patients and medical staff.
● Facilitated smooth transition for patients in the waiting area by ensuring each patient's needs were fulfilled quickly.
● Managed data entry, electronic filing, answering multi-phone system and faxing. Pathology Department (1990-1993)
● Collected over 100 patients’ specimens daily, carefully examined and cross-referenced all lab requisitions.
● Developed and processed reports for all laboratory tests performed (panic and critical stat-driven reports on intensive care patients).
● Maintained document control records for all chemicals or material entering and existing pathology department
Admitting Department (1989-1990)
● Assemble medical charts, assigned rooms and gathered critical information for all pre-admitted patients. Communicated with health insurance companies to obtain proper insurance for billing.
● Maintained all electronic patient records in the database; safeguarded the confidentiality of records.
● Handled all clerical responsibilities such as assisting patient representatives, filing, faxing and creating labels. Performed other duties as needed.
STAY AT HOME MOTHER, Stamford, Connecticut April 2003-March 2016 Caregiver
● Time management, scheduled appointments, maintained household records, plan meals.
● Multitask for extracurricular school activities. Mediation for conflict resolution.
● Ongoing Problem solving and Budget purchases for the household.
Hostos Community College, Bronx New York
Bronx Community College. Bronx New York
Medgar Evers College, Bronx New York
~ COMPUTER SKILLS ~
Proficient in MS Word, Word Perfect, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet research and Typing speed 80WPM Page 2 of 3
Patricia .R. Nelson
Page 3 of 3