Alvin, TX *****
Looking to obtain a position as a Substance Abuse Counselor, where compassion, collaboration, hard work and professionalism can contribute to a culture of caring while helping patients lead better lives. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor Intern
Cenikor Foundation, Deer Park
October 2018 to January 2020
• Maintained up-to-date clinical documentation via our electronic recordkeeping system.
• Participated in supervision and training with an openness to learn and receive feedback
• Assessed and wrote treatment plans and weekly progress notes for each client assigned to caseload.
• Review and evaluate client's progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans.
• Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in client status.
• Worked with clients to develop and implement an individualized treatment plan within three (3) service days of admissions.
• Developed individualized treatment plan based on comprehensive assessment
• Conducted individual counseling sessions to address physical, mental, social and emotional problems caused by substance abuse.
• Counseled clients individually or in group sessions to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
• Facilitated group (including process, encounter, cognitive, chemical dependency education, etc.)
• Selected and recommended new and instructional materials and programs for use in the substance abuse program.
• Provide client's or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs making appropriate referrals when necessary. Practicum Student
Bay Area Recovery Center - Webster, TX
February 2018 to May 2018
Outreach Manager: Susan Davidson, LCDC
• Worked under direct supervision with LCDC to draft treatment plans for a caseload of 10 clients.
• Completed documentation for all clients attending group sessions.
• Led group therapy sessions consisting of men and women focusing on issues and addiction. MEMBERSHIP EXPERIENCE
National Honor Society
January 2018 to January 2018
• Completed Orientation Day
• Completed Leadership Training Day
• Attended 3 Live Speaker Broadcasts
• Attended 3 Success Networking Team Meetings
• Work Experience
Accredo Packaging, Inc
January 2015 to May 2017
• Operated a Delco Slitting machine while programming the machine according to customer specifications. Attend training and safety meetings sponsored by the company for professional development. Other duties included notifying team lead, maintenance or supervisor regarding equipment or production problems. Also cleaned machine and work area at the end of the shift. Team Leader/Key Holder
Trudy's Hallmark - Pearland, TX
December 2009 to January 2015
• Duties included handling operational procedures, assisting cashiers, providing excellent customer service, inventory and ordering products.
Starbucks - Pearland, TX
August 2013 to December 2014
• Handled multiple orders, prepare and served hot and cold beverages. Processed customer payments, served prepared food. Provided customer service with knowledge of products and descriptions. Cleaned and sanitized work areas, utensils or equipment. Administrative Assistant
Texas Pipe & Supply - Houston, TX
January 2007 to December 2009
• Highly knowledgeable with analytical documentation specialist, possess strong organizational skills and maintains a level of confidentiality rules an appropriate filing system. Also provided customers with MTR's per order.
American Sleep Labs - Houston, TX
January 2004 to December 2007
• Duties included scheduling patients for sleep study procedures, confirming patient's appointments. Also responsible for verifying patient insurance benefits, filing patient records and various paperwork, and faxing patient demographics to primary care physicians for billing inquiries. Cashier/Stocker
Big Lots - Pearland, TX
August 2002 to January 2004
• Retail environment duties included customer service as a cashier, restocking floor items and displaying products by planograms to ensure proper store etiquette and appearance. I also assisted customers with any questions about sale ad items and maintained level of productivity on sales floor. Language: English
Groups or Organizations:
A.A. in General Studies in General Studies
SAN JACINTO COLLEGE - Houston, TX
• Strong problem solving & critical judgement skills
• Proficient Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel
• Diverse population familiarity; easily inspire trust, warmth and rapport
• Cooperative and Supportive colleague
• Effective in balancing professionalism with sincere empathy
• Outstanding skills in assessing client's needs
• Knowledge of 12 core functions