Dr. ABHILASH ANAND M.D
C/O. Ameerat Medical Services, P.Code- 130,Azaibah,
Sultanate of Oman
Ph.(oman)- 009**-********, 95398929,
Father’s Name : Mr. Moolayil Anand
Mother's Name : Mrs. Santha kumari Anand
Nationality : Indian
Date of birth : 15th
Education and particulars
• Post Graduate Diploma in Diabetology (UNIVERSITY OF CARDIFF), Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
Certification in Jan 2015
• M.D (Internal Medicine) course completed in 2011 from KEMPEGOWDA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES (KIMS, Bangalore, Karnataka)
Poster presentation in KAPICON 2009
Poster presentation in KAPICON 2010
Thesis mention (Study of structural and functional cardiac abnormalities in cirrhosis of liver) in APICON 2011
Attended international rheumatology conference in Colombo, Sri Lanka
Paper published in IOSR-JDMS (Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences) 2014
• M.B.B.S course completed in 2007 from SREE RAMACHANDRA UNIVERSITY (Porur, Chennai, Tamil nadu)
• Upto 12th
grade CBSE (2001) in INDIAN SCHOOL MUSCAT
Awarded gold medal for academic excellence in 10 th
grade and 12
Active participant in Bharat scouts for four years
Active participant in D.E.A.S programme
Experience and Particulars
• Senior Consultant Diabetologist, Diabetology department, VGMS Hospital, Dymock, Vandiperiyar, Idukki, Kerala from April 2017 to may 2019
In charge of OPD and In patients in the department
Formed and executed standard protocol of care in diabetic foot patients
Formed and executed standard protocol based on WHO guidelines in care of diabetic ketoacidosis
Conducted community camps for economically deprived sections to primarily diagnose and treat diabetes in the local population
• Consultant diabetologist in GDCC (General and Diabetic Care Centre) pettah, cochin from nov 2012 to march 2017
• Scope of my experience in GDCC
Treating patients with diabetes and other co morbidities.
Starting patients on insulin therapy
Treating complications of diabetes like diabetic foot
Complete comprehensive diabetic checkup along with ophthalmologists, podiatrists, neurologists
Treating of patients with infectious diseases and other diseases in scope of internal medicine
• Worked as registrar in Gastroenterology department of LAKESHORE HOSPITAL, Kerala under guidance of Dr. Philip Augustine M.D, D.M (gastroenterology) from nov 2012 to March 2016
• In LAKESHORE HOSPITAL, my experience extends to
Attending to patients of gastroenterology department in the outpatient Along With Dr. Philip Augustine M.D D.M.
Admitting and deciding on treatment of patients with ailments related to gastroenterology from casualty and outpatient.
Taking care of patients in the wards and private rooms.
Overview and treatment for patients in alcohol deaddiction.
Consultation and advice for patients in other specialties.
Treatment of patients in critical care ICU
Procedures inclusive of RT tube insertion, Nasojejunal Tube under 1000 mA guidance, Ascitic fluid study, ascitic fluid aspiration, Ultrasound.
Interpretation of Endoscopy, ERCP, colonoscopy, Double balloon enteroscopy, Capsule endoscopy
Post TIPS (Transjugular Intrahepatic Portosystemic Shunt) care of patients in step down ICU
Ultrasonography guided Liver biopsy (Assisted)
Preparation of patients for liver transplant, including diagnosing and assessing MELD score and etiology of liver failure.
Donor matching for transplant in both live and cadaveric liver transplantation.
Assisted in organ retrieval for multiple cases, both live and cadaveric donors in same center and other centers
Post-operative care for liver transplant patients in transplant ICU
Treatment of patients with Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative colitis
Delivery of Infliximab injections
• Trained as Intensivist for 6 months in Sagar Apollo Hospital, Bangalore
Trained in intensive care of post-operative cardiology and neurology patients.
Carried out procedures such as intubation, central line insertion and dialysis catheter insertion.
Well versed in ventilator management in long term and short-term patients
Ventilator management in ARDS and H1N1 cases
Delivered and titrated anesthetics to intubated patients under supervision of anesthesiologists.
Carried out dialysis in End stage renal disease patients and in SLED dialysis requiring patients.
• Worked in Deepak hospital, Bangalore from may 2011 to oct 2012, as consultant physician.
Managed OPD and in patients on daily basis.
Carried out bedside procedures such as pleural fluid aspiration, spinal fluid aspiration, ascitic fluid aspiration, Bone marrow aspiration.
• Conducted eight medical camps successfully in
Dodballapur, Karnataka (2009)
Hogenekkal, Tamil nadu (2009)
Hosely hills, Andhra Pradesh (2010)
Mysore, Karnataka (2010)
Chikkbalapur, Karnataka (2010)
Talakad, Karnataka (2010)
Hogenekal, Tamil nadu (2011)
Diabetes and Prevention of Complications (DPC) camp, pettah, cochin (2013)
• Intensive care specialist (junior resident) in SREE RAMACHANDRA HOSPITAL Extracurricular activities
• CEO– Ameerat Medical Services, ameerat, Sultanate of Oman
• Managing Director – Ameerat Medical Centre, ameerat, Sultanate of Oman
• Point forward in school (ISM) basketball team
• College Basketball team captain (SREE RAMACHANDRA UNIVERSITY)
• KIMS college basketball Captain
• Published writer and poet
Many poems published in School magazines
Eight publications in Thursday of Times of Oman
Two Publications in Times Of India
A feature for Tehelka magazine
Published photographs in better photography magazine
Six photographs exhibited at the Anurag Canon Photo Expo (Mumbai, 2010) DECLARATION
I hereby declare you that all statements made above are true and correct to the best of my knowledge and possession.
Place: Cochin, Kerala Dr. ABHILASH ANAND M.D