AATISH G HAKE
Master of Engineering, Mechanical December 2020
University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio Current GPA: 4.0 Bachelor of Engineering, Mechanical June 2018
Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, India GPA: 3.3 KEY COURSES
Lean Six Sigma Quality Control Fundamentals & Application of Solar Energy HVAC Design Innovation & Design Thinking Finite Element Analysis Advanced Building Mechanical System Advanced Thermodynamics Nuclear Engineering & Health Physics WORK EXPERIENCE
Engineering Intern, Aditya Green Energy Pvt. Ltd., Latur, India June 2019 – July 2019
● Worked on design and installation of 110kW on-grid Solar PV System for a hospital located in Latur, India.
● Inspected the site to collect electric, structural and other site information for the design of solar power system.
● Established connection between vendors and project management team and carried billing & cost estimation of the set up. Mechanical/HVAC Intern, Chordiya Associates, Malegaon, India December 2018 - January 2019
● Got acquainted with concept layout, HVAC design using AutoCAD & knowledge of Form Work and Scaffolding.
● Obtained load calculations, duct design and system selection for a small commercial building during the Internship.
● Collaborated jointly with Senior Engineer & Supervisor on the design of HVAC system for the commercial buildings. Mechanical Engineering Trainee, Pragati Pattern Works, Aurangabad, India July 2018 – October 2018
● Designed Patterns & Molds using 3D CAD software as per the client’s specifications.
● Managed & improved production activities of the shop by streamlining the schedule and maintaining productivity reports.
● Maintained communication with all the departments in the shop & ensured timely delivery of the products. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
The ASHRAE 2020 Design Competition-Integrated Sustainable Building Design (ISBD) August 2019 – May 2020
● Objective: It requires multidisciplinary teams to design an energy-efficient sustainable “Net Zero Energy” building project.
● Collaborated with team of 5 to determine building orientation, layout, materials, mechanical systems & plumbing fixtures.
● Calculated the building cooling-heating loads for HVAC using Trane TRACE 700 & optimized the model to reduce the loads.
● Implemented Variable Refrigerant Flow system (VRF) and compared it with other HVAC systems for the proposed building.
● Improved Water Use Efficiency by 56% by effectuating the Rainwater Harvesting system for domestic water use.
● Adhered to ASHRAE Standard 189.1-2017 and then implemented Renewable Energy Sources with 160kW Hybrid Solar Photovoltaic system to make it a Net Zero Energy Building. HVAC Design for a 4-story Residential Building Located in Phoenix, Arizona February 2019 – April 2020
● Objective: To design a HVAC system including chiller size, ducts, piping, layout for a 4-story building in Phoenix, Arizona.
● Conjoined with a team of 3 to calculate heat loads in eQUEST, AHU size, chiller size, ducts, piping and energy consumption.
● Implemented Ice thermal storage (ITS) and ground source heat pump (GSHP) to shave the peak energy costs. Dual Axis Mini Solar Tracker Design Based on the Location February 2019 – March 2020
● Objective: To design a dual axis mini solar tracker which tracks the sun based on the location co-ordinates using Arduino.
● Successfully conceptualized the tracker and solar panel setup and developed a MATLAB code to track the movement of Sun.
● Spearheaded the project to calculate energy generated, cost of the setup and determined month of maximum solar output. Design & Development of Double Pipe Heat Exchanger with Dimple Pin Fin Using Nano-Fluid September 2017 – June 2018
● Objective: To increase the effectiveness of pipe in pipe Heat Exchanger by using Al2O3 as Nano-fluid.
● Managed a team of 4 members and modeled pipe in pipe heat exchanger in CATIA V5.
● Conducted a research to analyze various performance enhancing methods for double pipe Heat Exchanger.
● Achieved increment in the effectiveness of the system by 3.1%. by using pin fins & Al2O3-water as Nano-fluid. TECHNICAL SKILLS
● Tools: CATIA V5, AutoCAD, eQUEST, Trane TRACE 700, ANSYS Workbench, MATLAB, Revit, SOLIDWORKS
● Lean Six Sigma Tools: DMAIC, VOC, Control Charts, Pareto Charts, Root Cause Analysis, Kaizen
● Programming Languages: C, HTML, Python
CERTIFICATIONS & EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
● Introduction to Engineering Simulations using ANSYS Workbench (edX-Cornell University)
● Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certification (Management and Strategy Institute)
● Cert Prep: LEED GA (LinkedIn Learning)
● Student Member of The American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
● Student member and volunteer at UC Astronomy Club
● Runner up at the ROBOCON Indo-US Robo League, 2015