John E. Blacklaws
** ***** ***** ***** *** Woodlands, Texas. 77381
936-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org
Manager experienced in many facets of planning, supply chain and manufacturing. Looking for an opportunity to improve and enhance the supply chain in a new company. Key Qualifications
I have relevant experience in managing planning, purchasing, manufacturing, warehouse and product line interfaces.
This experience has mostly been in management but detailed day to day execution of individual projects was also in the scope of work.
I have also managed and coordinated several plant consolidations including movement of machines and inventory. These moves include some from the USA to international locations and others from outside the State of Texas into Texas from other US states.
Director of Demand and Supply Planning. Katy Manufacturing Weatherford International
● Managed planning, warehouse and customer service interface with product lines.
● Consolidated four facilities into this one facility. One from California. One from Arkansas and two from the Houston area.
● Then moved two of these facilities including inventory to other locations within the company.
● Coordinated forecast of components to support the repair business maintained by this facility.
● Worked with operations management on forecasting other products.
● Worked in conjunction with the capital sales team to forecast their needs.
● All these forecast items were planned in the MRP system to drive messages and allow the execution of standard work in planning and purchasing.
● Worked to provide monthly KPI forecast and commentaries to upper management. Director of Supply Planning for Well Construction Products. Weatherford International
● Worked closely with the demand planning team to ensure that the forecast demands could be met with the supply chain structure in place. This was the companies initial attempt at an SNOP process.
● This structure included multiple plants some of which were US based others were in international locations.
● The demand plans were then loaded into the MRP system under the multiple plants to allow execution at the individual plant level.
● This position included assisting the individual plant management in consuming existing inventory. This was accomplished by either internal transfers or moving order from one plant to the other as necessary.
Director of Rental Products Manufacturing.
● Coordinated and managed Rental Products manufacturing across multiple plants. Transitioning demand as demand required and working towards the lowest cost solution.
● Worked to shorten lead times and produce product closer to the end customer.
● Manufacturing plant management reported up through this structure. 1999 - 2008
1990 - 1999
1981 - 1990
General Manager - Pearland Manufacturing
● Responsible for management of all facets of the plant operation. This facility was an integrated facility with machine shop, assembly and distribution warehouse.
● Demands were entered on the plant by several Product Line Managers.
● Planning and purchasing were prompted on the items to make or buy based on the respective settings in the MRP system.
VP of Manufacuring
Dailey International - Conroe Texas
● Responsible for the manufacture and purchase of all products in the company portfolio.
● The business structure was one facility supported by several strategic suppliers. FAT was completed at the company owned facility which also housed one of the major repair facilities for the products.
● Engineering for the company designed products reported through this position during most of the time.
Various other positions
Dailey International - Houston Texas
● Positions included Design Engineer, Project Engineer, Manager of Quality Assurance and Manager of Field Technical Services.
BSc Engineering Science
Aberdeeen University, Scotland
● General Engineering degree with focus on mechanical disciplines. CPIM
● Certification in Production and Inventory Management Other Activities
I enjoy golfing, walking and water sports.
Always interested in spending time with the grandchildren. UK passport holder with Green Card for the USA.