Seattle, USA +1-206-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org LinkedIn
• Professional data engineer with 5.5 years of industry experience. Valid EAD till April 2022.
• Developed ingestion pipelines and data analysis systems for multiple Fortune 500 clients.
• Proficient in SQL, scripting, Hive and ETL Tools (Informatica, Data Stage).
• Expertise in Data Warehousing and modelling, ETL automation tools and E2E life cycle of software design process. WORK EXPERIENCE
Senior Software Engineer Bank of America Oct 2018-May 2020
● Lead the data warehouse migration from IBM Netezza to Oracle Exadata DB, authored design; mapping and testing docs.
● Added automations to create schema/tables with appropriate partitions to enable faster data lookups.
● Built data reconciliation scripts to ensure parity of data, views and tables after the migration.
● Implemented automatic error report generation and e-mail notification system. Development Analyst Sun Life Financial Jul 2017-Oct 2018
● Built an integrated data ingestion platform to store data from different sources at a centralized data store using Hive Tables.
● Took end-to-end ownership of this project from design of ETL mappings/workflows to implementation and testing.
● Added scripts to automatically generate consolidated reports from the final data store for business teams.
● Created file conversion tool to transform excel to XML file used for Datalake ingestion process. Senior Software Engineer BirlaSoft (Client - Tokio Marine North America) Jul 2016-Jul 2017
● Built data integration interface between SAP FICO and different sources using Informatica Power center/Power Exchange.
● Developed Complex SQL Queries to load the data into SAP FICO.
● Worked with interfaces of several source systems like Concur Invoice, PeopleSoft, TM1(Cognos) etc.
● Designed the reconciliation scripts for auditing. Software Engineer BirlaSoft (Client - GE Healthcare) Jan 2015-Jul 2016
● Migrated propriety data from Siebel 7.8 to Siebel 8.1 application.
● Created queries and mappings to extract large amounts of data (~1 TB) from different source systems using Informatica.
● Implemented the transform and load logic according to business requirements to load data into Siebel 8.1. EDUCATION
UP, India Uttar Pradesh Technical University Aug 2010-May 2014
● Bachelor of Technology — Computer Science and Engineering. CGPA: 8.1/10.00
● Coursework: Operating Systems; Databases; Algorithms; Java; Comp Architecture; Data Structures
● Graduated top of the class with merit scholarship. SKILLS
● Database(s): Oracle DB; Ambari, Oracle Exadata, IBM Netezza
● Languages: SQL; UNIX Shell Scripting; HiveQL; Python
● Tools and Utilities: Apache Hive; SQL Server; Informatica Powercenter 10.1/9.6; Informatica Developer Client (BDE); Siebel Tools; HP quality center; ALM; AutoSys
● Version and Change Management: GitHub; SVN; Jira; ServiceNow
● Domain Experience: Banking & Finance; Insurance; Healthcare. AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
● Part of the Runner-Up team in Bank of America Enterprise Technology Hackathon, 2019
● Bank of America Best Community Volunteer Award for promoting education for underprivileged children, 2020
● Sunlife GEM Award for performance excellence, 2018
● BirlaSoft Star Award for performance excellence, 2015