Visa: Sponsored Residence Visa
A highly driven and innovative professional with more than 7 years of experience in both accounting and administrative functions. Vast experience has been gained in executing accounting duties, thus accounts receivables and accounts payables responsibilities, bank reconciliations, tax planning and preparation of management accounts. Performed administration duties such as preparing sales, capital and operational budgets and trend analysis of costs, revenue and financial obligations to forecast future revenue and expenses. KEY SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
Proficient in PASTEL and SAGE ERP accounting systems
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft word
Extensive experience in bank reconciliations.
Effective in analysis of financial reports and providing decisions to take.
Accounts receivables and Accounts payables reconciliations.
Excellent attention to detail and effective multi-tasking skills
Great Administrative skills
Good verbal and communication skills
Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a new environment PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Alex has been employed with Coloursel Furniture for more than seven years. Coloursel Furniture is one of the key players in the Furniture Industry in Zimbabwe with more than 20 branches. The key Positions, Achievements and Responsibilities performed during the past years are as follows; Assistant Accountant - January 2017 to 29 February 2020
• Assisting in the preparation of management accounts- Income Statement, Statement of Financial Position, Cash flow and other financial reports.
• Preparing branch accounts for twenty branches.
• Trend analysis of costs, revenue, financial commitments incurred to forecast future revenue and expenses.
• Reconciling any financial discrepancies.
• Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling financial transactions.
• Providing tax planning and filing all tax returns and other statutory returns.
• Preparing sales, capital and operational budgets with budget analysis versus actual performance and recommending actions to be taken.
• Review remittance and cash collection reconciliation on daily basis from all branches.
• Verifying accuracy of invoices and accounting documents.
• Creating, updating and maintain accounting journals and ledgers
• Reconciling bank statements by comparing bank statements with general ledger. Administration Officer- January 2016 – December 2016
• Ensuring that the company is in compliance with the prevailing regulations and statutes.
• Updating company policies and recommending changes in line with the prevailing operating environment.
• Evaluated the operational and administrative strategies of the company and making recommendations to management.
• Schedule in house and external events for the company.
• Administering operations of a network with twenty branches in the company. Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Clerk - October 2012 to December 2015
• Processing customers’ payments after verifying and posting into the accounts receivable system.
• Following up on outstanding debts and any recommendations for legal ways to recover debts.
• Accounts payable management- verifying invoices, updating in the system, reconciliations and reports.
• Bank reconciliations and updating general ledger transactions. QUALIFICATIONS, PROFESSIONAL TRAINING AND AFFILIATIONS
• BCOM Honours Degree in Business Management- majoring in finance
(2004 to 2008)
• Current Studies: Association of Chartered Certified Accountants
Interests: Corporate governance, Project planning, Operations management and financial auditing. License: Full and clean Zimbabwean driver’s license REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST