ABDI WARSAME SAID
**** *** ***. *** ******** AB T5A 3S9.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS.
Dependable, hardworking road construction with proven record of success worked on residential and large commercial building projects valued in exceed $ 10 million.
• Experience working a wide range of construction material and equipment; familiar with building process from project initiation through completion.
• Knowledge, site remediation site investigation and risk assessment, concrete foundation s, and framing practices; able to complete multiple projects skillfully with stringent time frame.
• Proficient with hand and power tools to include core drills, air compressors, transit and lock levels, saws chisels, planes, rules squares, clippers, plumb bobs, and marking gauges.
• Experience water main testing, disinfection, leakage and pressure testing and foam swabbing.
• Solid communication skills and possess trade related math skills essential to safe Efficient job site.
Miller Group—Toronto, ON.
Co-op student. 2017 – 2018
Communicate site supervisors and team members to complete project objectives.
Asphalt Cement Content and Asphalt Mix Sample Preparation.
Marshall Stability testing, Stability and flow testing.
Install trench boxes and hydraulic support system, install rigid and flexible pipes
Reporting, maintaining and installing Catch basins and Manholes.
Testing soil permeability, strength a compressibility and workability.
Participated in field inspection for cast in place piles, driven piles, and /or excavation slopes.
PCL –Corp. Toronto, ON.
Construction Laborer / Junior Civil Technician. 2018 to 2019
Gained experience with heavy civil earth construction work.
Daily Soil Plasticity testing, Dilatancy testing, Grittiness testing, and Toughness testing.
Trained nuclear desometer, providing density and moisture measurements for road bed construction.
Daily conducting Soil, Concrete and Asphalt tests in the field and/or in laboratory.
Carried on daily Soil classification, cohesive soil, non-cohesive Gravel, Sand, Silt, and clay.
Daily prepare Soil reporting test, Soil gradation, Soil uniformity coefficient.
Daily layout borehole drilling, sampling frequency and in situ testing.
Recording field data on handled devices.
Water monitoring well, hydraulic conductivity, determining well recovery, Calculation water elevation, Seepage and head loss. M3C DEMOLITION Ltd. Toronto, ON.
General laborer, 2016 to 2017
participated in board range of construction projects involving demolition, site maintain ace and clean up, materials transport, and general support of all phases of construction framing and siding teams.
Commended by site Forman for contributing to safe workplace environment by proactively recognized and reported hazards.
School of Environment and Civil Engineering Technology. Civil Engineering Technology.
(CVL) Diploma Credential Awarded 2019.
• Gained in depth knowledge of site surveys for site plan using professional survey equipment.
• Fluid mechanics and hydraulics.
• Solid background Material engineering.
• Utilized Micro Station 3D CAD software during mapping.
• Practical skills in Soil mechanics, Coarse -grained soil, Fine- grained soil, analyses, Hydrometer analysis, Atterberg limit test and concrete slump test.
Safety training certifications.
Working Heights Fall protection, WHHIMS, First Aid, Alive H2, Class 5 driver license, good condition Vehicle.
Abdi War same said
4504 137 Ave, Edmonton
AB, T5A 3
March 3, 2020
To: Hiring manager.
Please except this application .My name is Abdi Said and I’m pleased to be applying for the job position that you hiring. I believe my qualification and experience make an ideal candidate for this job.
I have a diploma in civil engineering and I have been working for the past 4 years in the field of construction and maintenance services. During that time I have been trained, promoted and certified a number of software platforms, and awards. I describe myself as a person versatile skills and techniques. I can see any given situation from multiple perspectives which makes me uniquely qualified to complete my work even under challenging condition. I have experience working independently and pay close attention to details. These are skills that help me to succeed as a civil engineer, and hopefully to build a long career in this field. I understood that for this position of job that that you hiring for, you looking someone with strong skills and techniques my experience is all most perfectly aligned with the requirement you asked for in your job listing . I have ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently. Overall, due to my strong background and achievement that I have done I am confident I will be able to succeed in the role you are hiring . I look forward to meeting with you to discuss how I can share my skills with your company. I can be reached by phone, 437-***-**** or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Thank you for your consideration.