Berkeley, CA email@example.com 626-***-****
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, BERKELEY Expected: May 2020 Bachelor of Arts in Integrative Biology, Concentration in Human Anatomy Collegiate Honors: Prytanean Women’s Academic Honor Society, Dean’s List Fall 2015, Spring 2017 BEAR EMT — BERKELEY, CA Graduated: Nov 2018
Emergency Medical Technician License
200 hours of hands-on training and completion of national standardized exam; able to assess and provide medical care to revive and stabilize patients suffering from traumatic injuries, cardiac arrest, strokes, seizures, drug overdoses, hypothermia and other serious conditions.
Hellerstein Protenomics Research Lab— Dept. of Nutritional Science and Toxicology, UC Berkeley Undergraduate Researcher Jul 2017-Feb 2019
• Researched metabolic diseases and the regulation of disease-modifying pathways by diet, genes, drugs and other factors under direction of Dr. Marc Hellerstein
• Investigated the potential use of hyaluronic acid as a biomarker in non-alcoholic fatty liver disease as an indicator of successful therapy treatment; managed live specimens and biological assays (heavy water methods and western blots).
• Analyze plate and biological assays results to determine protein concentrations and mass spectrometry to identify targets. University Health Services (UHS), UC Berkeley
Student Health Worker Dec 2017- Aug 2018
• Conducted peer health advising office hours as liaison between Zeta Tau Alpha women’s fraternity (~150 members) and UHS
• Created original weekly public health announcements and group presentations on special health topics, participated in weekly health education trainings and assisted in flu clinics
• Connected women with University programs and services ranging from mental health to student advocacy
• Collaborated with Vice President of Health and Wellness to spearhead women’s health product reimbursement form for Berkeley Panhellenic community (~1800 members), aimed at providing financially disadvantaged members with female health products
National Council of Asian & Pacific Islander Physicians (NCAPIP), San Francisco CA Undergraduate Researcher Sep 2015-Jun 2017
• Worked with a team of UC Berkeley undergraduates under Dr. Suhalia Khan analyzing and synthesizing US Census data— focused on social determinants of health— to evaluate the impact of the Affordable Care Act on Asian Americans’ access to healthcare and treatment
• Provided policy recommendations in final report highlighting the benefits of desegregated census data
• Presented findings to NCAPIP in San Francisco, published thereafter in annual report LEADERSHIP/EXTRACURRICULAR
Global Brigades, Inc.
Medical Brigade Volunteer and Fundraiser Sep 2016-May 2018
• Traveled to Honduras in January 2017 and May 2018 to distribute medical supplies and establish public health guidelines in rural, inaccessible areas to implement sustainable relief measures
• Performed patient triage and community health assessments in Spanish with Honduran physicians and other volunteers
• Designed several fundraisers prior to trip to acquire $3000 to purchase medical supplies, organized a cost effective transportation method for supplies with Global Brigades international offices Zeta Tau Alpha Women’s Fraternity, UC Berkeley
Historian Reporter— Executive Council Dec 2017-Aug 2018
• Ensured successful daily chapter operations & published original marketing content on official organization social media sites. Coordinated with third party companies that provide photography and videography for official events and organizing the processing of payments.
• Maintained regular communication with San Francisco Bay Area advisors and alumnae, reported biannually to International Fraternity Offices in Indiana with chapter updates, event summaries, and photos
• Increased social media following by 50% in first two months on the job, spearheaded the chapter’s first marketing campaign— managing a committee aimed at promoting the diversity and accomplishments of chapter women SKILLS
Microsoft Office Programs • Apple Software • Literature Reviews • Data Analysis and Entry • Western Blotting • ELISA • DNA Extraction • Cell and tissue culture • PCR • Histology • Proteomics • in vitro Toxicology • Pipetting • DNA electrophoresis and sequencing • Organizational Design • Experimental Design • Conversational Spanish • CPR and AED certified