Management ● Customer Service ● Excellent Communication Skills ● Strong Observational Investigation and Strategies● Research and Teaching ● Quality Assurance & Quality Control ● Time Management ● Organization Skills● Advanced computer proficiency in Ms Office, I-Deas ● Bilingual English (first), Arabic Highlights of Qualifications
● MSc in Biomedical Engineering
University of Surrey, UK
● BEng, Biomedical Materials Science
University of London, UK
● 2 A Levels, Math & Chemistry
City of Bath College, Bath, UK
● 8 GCSEs including English, Math, & Science
K.F.U.P.M School, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Luxurious Retail Store Janitor
150 Bloor Street West, Toronto, M5S 2X9
July 2019- current
● Hand-dusted and wiped down all store shelves and display units to keep areas clean to a high standard.
● Keep washrooms and kitchenette facilities well-cleaned, stocked up and properly maintained.
● Washed and sanitized dirty dishes by hands and dishwasher.
● Implemented new cleaning strategy to improve the level of cleanliness of the store.
● Identified concerns with facilities, including repair needs and major maintenance concerns to management.
● Used approved cleaning products on various surfaces, including Lysol spray and wipes, to reduce bacterial growth and prevent the spread of viruses.
● Performed daily checklists throughout facilities, including cleaning floors, wiping down glass surfaces and collecting trash.
● Supervised supplies in inventory including cleaning products, tea, coffee and beverages, and submitted lists to operational manager for items requiring immediate reorder. Dean Assistance for Academic Affairs
University of Medical Sciences and Technology, Khartoum, Sudan. September 2013 – September 2017.
● Managed all the faculty academic issues for both students and staff.
● Provided organizational support for academic programs, meetings and events, including room reservations, agenda preparation and calendar maintenance.
● Composed and reviewed internal memos and external correspondence for university management department.
● Performed general office duties, including answering multi-line phones, routing calls and messages and greeting visitors.
● Developed and updated spread sheets and databases to track, analyze and report on student academic achievement.
● Interacted with vendors, contractors and professional services personnel to receive orders, for laboratories.
● Organized weekly, monthly and annual meetings.
● Welcomed Dean visitors warmly and walked them into the Dean office.
● Contributed in the supervision of Engineering Exhibitions at the university, in terms of preparing the programs involved. Also practicing with students who are presenting in the exhibition.
● Taught the following subjects: Clinical Engineering, Artificial Organs and Tissue Engineering, Materials Science, Strength of Materials, Rehabilitation Engineering, Engineering Mathematics and Statics.
● Supervised the following undergraduate projects: Horn Detector System for Deaf Drivers, Defibrillators and Pacemaker Tester, Headphone Reminder for Alzheimer's Patients, Epilepsy Detection Based on Neural Network Technique.
Biomedical Engineer/ Sales Assistance
Medico Ltd., Ajman, UAE
October 2011 – March 2012
● Managed the acquisition of new medical equipment from selection to installation. Biomedical Engineer/ Customer Services
Prestige Medical Supplies, AbuDhabi, UAE
January 2009 – October 2011
● Helped clients with different medical equipments issues before and after sales, and then prepared all reports and documentation of PPM routine check.
Blatchford & Sons Ltd., Basingstoke, UK
October 2008 – December 2009
● Worked with the design team at the research and development department, and dealt with any post-design issues in manufacturing, packaging and after sales of the following: Orion, Echelon and Elite VT prosthetic feet.
● Reviewed post - design drawings to identify any faulty parts, and then reported faults or unit failures to Quality Control team.
● Performed and documented risk analysis of project during design, manufacturing, packaging and after sales.To ensure adherence to risk criteria as defined by all medical devices regulatory bodies.
● Operated Gait Laboratory equipment, to perform Gait Analysis tests for new prosthetics. Laboratory Assistant Trainee
Ibn Sina Hospital, Khartoum, Sudan
August 2003 – August 2004
● Assisted in processing of all specimens (Breast Cancer tissues), from wax bathing to microtomy to staining.
● Tested and prepared samples for Histopathologist Consultant to write a report for each biopsy. Independent Sales Representative
Quest Net Ltd., Sharjah, UAE
September 2004 – May 2006
● Handled complete sales life cycle of company product I – Connect soft phone.
● Provided comprehensible advice for clients requiring extensive technical product knowledge.
● Offered after sales support for clients, involving regular negotiations and communication.
● Optimized sales and profitability of product range targeting new customers while retaining existing clients.
● Developed productive business relationships to create loyal customer based and recommend new contacts.
St. Elizabeth Primary School, London, E2 9JY
September 2003 – June 2004
● Supported young children with learning difficulties, specifically with basic numeracy and literacy.
● Worked with individual pupils or small groups in subjects across the curriculum.
● Assisted class teacher in maintaining efficient and effective classroom routine.
● Prepared teaching materials like: requisite books, equipment and supplementary worksheets.
● Acted as liaison with parents, guardians, secretarial staff and teaching staff.