Orlando A. Zuniga
ACCOUNTING & FINANCIAL ANALYSIS
Over 6 years of accounting and auditing experience within the private, public, and nonprofit sectors. Self-starter with a strong moral code and a belief in efficiency and customer satisfaction. Able to work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, and adapt to new tasks and work environments in a short amount of time. SKILLS
Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable Auditing Bank Reconciliation Budgeting & Forecasting Cash Flow Analysis Expenditure & Sales Reports Financial Statements Month-End Close QuickBooks
MS Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook) Multilingual: (English & Spanish) Ratio Analysis QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience overseeing the company’s general ledger and auditing for any discrepancies/irregular transactions.
• Experience coordinating with clients and venders from the Americas and Europe in a professional manner.
• Experience collecting accounting/financial data and making a variety of reports on a regular basis for clients and senior staff.
• Experience working on multiple time sensitive projects while coordinating with multiple groups/departments and tracking pending items.
CORPORATE ACOUNTANT DIRECT TRADE & LOGISTICS CO. JAN 2016 - PRESENT Manage the company’s accounting and financial department, prepared the company’s financial statements and ensuring compliance with GAAP, and foster good relations with vendors and clients from all over the world.
• Oversee all accounts receivable and accounts payable operations.
• Analyze financial data to plan for future projects and expansions. This includes forecasting, budgeting, and proposing structural changes to decrease unnecessary costs, increase efficacy, and manage risk.
• Manage time sensitive financial transactions in multiple currencies with vendors, clients, government agencies, and banks.
• Develop new procedures and guidelines that increased efficiency in the accounting department while also reducing risk.
• Preform month-end closing processes and report the status of the company’s finances to the head of the company. CREDIT ANALYST COMMERCE BANK FEB 2019 – JAN 2020
Underwrote a variety of loans ranging from commercial real estate loans to CD backed loans of up to 5 million USD by ensuring that loans are properly collateralized, had the correct loan documentation, and ensuring compliance with State and Federal regulations.
• Analyzed financial data from various companies in multiple industries to detect potential risk or fraudulent activities.
• Prepared a variety of reports such as ratio analysis reports, real-estate evaluations, and amortization schedules for loan officers, corporate, and clients.
• Performed routine follow-up audits to ensure that company changes do not present a high risk of compromising a loan. INTERN TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION AUG 2012 - DEC 2012 Conducted audits on project expenditures to ensure federal funds were properly managed and the documentation/recording of transactions were transparent.
Completed Texas Bankers Association Texas Secured Loan Documentation Seminar Nov 2019 Commerce Bank Credit Asset Quality Committee Member & Loan Quality Committee Member Feb 2019 Texas Community Bank Honorary Junior Board or Directors Member Apr 2018 EDUCATION
TEXAS A&M INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY: Bachelor of Business Administration / Accounting