VENKATA SUDHEER PAKALA
PROJECT MANAGER (Biotech/Pharma)
Sunnyvale, 94087, California
Seasoned Project Manager with over 5 years experience in Project Management life cycle and 8 years in Biomedical Research. Value driven manager in handling multiple projects concurrently in a past paced dynamic environment. Managed cross functional teams by building business relationships to successfully completing project accomplishments. Expertise in leverage robust communications skills to quickly gather business sponsors
& stakeholder requirements. Thorough in planning, executing, monitoring, controlling project scope, schedule and cost by executing MS project and agile methodologies. Initiated daily standup & weekly sprint meetings to perform sequence of project activities and risk management. Experience in utilizing soft & emotional intelligence to resolve conflicts. Strong expertise in Biomedical (Cancer, Stem cell, Neurodegenerative & CVD) Biopharma, Clinical & disease diagnosis domains in U.S; Singapore; Ireland; U.K; Sweden EDUCATION
Master of Science by Research in Biomolecular & Biomedical Research, UCD, National University of Ireland (2008-2011). PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS
• Thorough in MS Office 365 (MS Project Plan, Excel, Ppt), Gannt charts, Spread sheets. Piloting Zoom, Webex meetings.
• Mid-level proficiency in Agile methodology/Scrum framework, JIRA, Slack, Adobe Photoshop. CORE COMPETENCIES
CERTIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
• Project Management & Principles
(PMP) Certification UC Irvine, Ca, USA
• MS Project, PMP Exam prep - Udemy,
PMISV PMP bootcamp certifications.
• PMI Silicon Valley chapter mentoring
committee member, volunteer Ca, US
• Drug-discovery & Drug development
certifications from UC San Diego, USA
• Machine learning basics certification
Stanford University, Palo Alto, Ca USA
• Basics of CRISPR/Cas9 (Gene editing)
certification, Jackson Labs, USA.
• Conflicts of Interest & Responsible
Conduct of Research, Miami Uni, USA
• RCULA, IACUC (in vivo, in vitro),
certifications, SingHealth Singapore.
• Bio, Chemical, Fire, Laser Safety
TECHNICAL SKILLS (BIOTECH, PHARMA & CLINICAL)
Molecular Cell biology
• Characterize Retinal Stem cell, Dental Pulp Stem Cell, Muller glial, iPSC markers & their regeneration ability using FACS.
• Isolation & maintenance of Cancer, Endothelial cell lines. Cell assays, drug treatment, CHromatin ImmunoPrecipitation
• Flow Cytometry (FACS): Sample prep, antibody binding, Sorting. Genotyping, Gene Expression, DNA library prep for NGS. Proteomics and Metabolomics
• Protein isolation, quantification and evaluation using Western blotting, Electrophoresis, Antibody-assay and ELISA.
• Protein expression, purification using Bio Analytical (HPLC) methods and characterization using MALDI-TOF, LC-MS. Translational, Clinical and Pharmaceutical
• In vivo Mouse full cycle husbandry. Immunoprecipitation, antibody staining and Fluorescence-Confocal imaging.
• Enzymatic digestion, Isolation & Processing Immune cells (Retinal cardiac clinical sample samples).
• Drug dosage, apoptosis assays, metabolism, treatment. processing, assay development and analysis.
• Quality (QC, QA) principles, GxP (GLP, GMP, GDP, GCP), Regulatory (ISO, OSHA, IRB) guidelines, IVD and IND approaches. Agile
IVD & IND
PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
TECHNICAL PROJECT MANAGER (Jan 2018 - July 2019, Nov 2019 to till date) in Zeus Biotech Ø Leading as Technical PM of multi domain Biotech projects (Contract). Working closely with executive management & various cross functional teams ensure that project scope, schedule and cost meets with feasible baseline. Ø Creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to fast track projects to cope up with scope and schedule. Coordinating with technical, production team to execute, monitor, control projects and Products. Articulated team status meetings by scrum framework & sprint lifecycle (sprint planning, sprint backlogs, sprint review, sprint retrospective meeting). Ø Managed Budget (Resource, Procurement, Operation costs), Prepared Statement of Work (SOW) Vendor contracts. PROJECT MANAGER (Life Science Research): Stanford University, Palo alto, California, USA (August 2019-Oct 2019) Ø Managed two projects to achieve milestones within the desired time frame. Communicated with portfolio leader and Coordinated with collaborators and obtained paediatric cardiac (PA, Myo, Aorta) clinical samples. Ø Planned workflow and executed experiments and updated results through daily stand-up and weekly sprint meeting to the peers (Projects: 1. Differential gene expression studies of pediatric cardiac tissues. 2. Development of transplantable tissue for pediatric heart valves using tissue engineering methods). PROJECT MANAGER (Stem Cell, Clinical, Therapeutic Research) Eye Research Institute, Singapore (April 2015-Aug2017) Handled three stem cell-therapeutic research projects with absolute best of my ability ($2 M). Engaged stake holders with effective communication & gathered business requirements. Coordinated with versatile project teams & well collaborated with cross functional teams to plan and execute the tasks. Successfully resolved issues, risks and conflicts using technical
& soft skills. The project pilot outcome shown key inputs for future avenue towards treatments for blinding (AMD) diseases
• Leveraged ownership of multiple projects and led team with strategies to ensure project scope is defined & controlled.
• Implemented project scope into detail feasible work packages that led to achievable milestones. Organized initial kick- off, formal weekly sprint and stand-up meetings to communicate project performance to stakeholders and sponsors.
• Steered department Scientific operations, Risk assessment, Procurement, Safety & Audit. Trained & supervised team. RESEARCH MANAGER, CANCER RESEARCH, Cancer Science Institute, NUS Singapore (March 2014–April 2015) Managed two projects (budget around $ 0.8 million each) on Cancer epigenetics research to unravel the functional aspects of TP53 in DNA methylation and its consequences of TP53 mutation in various cancers. I have employed Project management, Research operations and procurement tasks to meet the deadlines (research outcome, scope, schedule, cost management). Managed projects and liaised with team & collaborators with status updates on daily basis. SCIENTIST & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE (BIO PHARMA), Avesthagen Pvt. Ltd. India (Feb 2011–Aug 2013)
• Strategically planned & developed business model (Lead discovery products into potential commercial products).
• Reviewed and assessed profitable market for company products and evaluated client’s company business model
• Prepared Confidential Disclosure Agreements (CDAs) & progressed with agreement signing with prospective investors.
• Clarified product queries by liaising with R&D, QA, QC, and production team. Prepared budget using MS Project tools.
• Modified process to find circulating tumor cells in the plasma towards analyzing in Mass-spectrometry (LC-MS). PROJECT ASSOCIATE, NEURODEGENERATIVE RESEARCH in Alexotech Pvt. ltd, Umeå, Sweden (2006-2008)
• Established ex-vivo and in-vitro E. coli curli amyloid protein by protein-engineering methods.
• Characterized WT, Recombinant & Purified amyloid & their Qualitative, quantitative analysis (Force-spectroscopy).
• Protein expression, purification (bioanalytical methods-HPLC) & aggregate into fibrils. Amyloid protein characterization.
• Microscopy based Amyloid protein morphological study & its epitope detection by Western blot and MALDI-TOF. MEMBERSHIP & ASSOCIATIONS
Membership: Project Management Institute (PMI), PMI Silicon Valley. Alumni: Stanford University, California. UCD, Ireland ACHIEVEMENTS AND AWARDS
• SFI fellowship, Scientific Outreach Officer, Ireland 2008-10. Rotary International award Umea University, Sweden 2007
• Science popularizer (radio FM), Boys Scouts America Coordinator & Den leader. Martial Arts proficient, USA from 2017 PUBLICATIONS (5)
(1), Pakala Venkata S. B, et.al, Biomaterials J. (2) Singhal, S, Pakala, Venkata. S. B, et.al. I.Opth. & Visual Science, 57(12), 2017. 3) Pakala V.S.B, et al., IJCMAS, 2018. 4) Prasanna.R, Pakala V.S.B, TECHSEAR, 2017. 5) Pakala Venkata S.B, IJREAS, Jan 2017.