Houston, TX 979-***-**** email@example.com
Seeking a challenging full-time position in the Biotechnology Industry that offers professional growth while being resourceful, innovative and competitive.
Texas A&M University, College Station, TX Aug 2018 - May 2020 Master of Biotechnology GPA: 3.67
R.V. College of Engineering, Bengaluru, KA, India Jun 2014 - May 2018 Bachelor of Engineering in Biotechnology Engineering GPA: 3.4 EXPERIENCE
Dr. Rijnkels’ laboratory, Texas A&M University – Graduate Research Assistant Jan 2020 – Present Dr. Rijnkels’ research focuses on aspects of gene regulation, milk production and mammary gland development.
• Conducting immunofluorescent staining and imaging of tissue sections from mouse mammary glands at different development time points for metabolic enzymes, histone modifications and other markers.
• Preparing ATAC-seq library for NGS sequencing.
InGeneron, Inc. – Research Intern Sep 2019-Dec 2019 InGeneron is a clinical stage cell therapy company developing regenerative medicine therapies using adipose-derived stem cells.
• Processed adipose donor samples with the InGeneron Transpose RT Ultra medical device.
• Routine expansion and banking of adipose derived stem cells (ASCs).
• Conducted migration and micro chemotaxis assay to evaluate the role of ASCs in tendon healing.
• Gene expression analysis of ASCs – Isolated RNA and prepared cDNA for qPCR of stem cell genes and differential lineages (adipogenic and osteogenic).
ImmunoMet Therapeutics – Research Intern June 2019 – Aug 2019 ImmunoMet Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotech company utilizing cellular metabolism to develop novel anti-tumor and immuno-metabolism therapies.
• Maintained SK-MEL-28 and A-549 cell lines.
• Conducted in-vitro assays like CyQUANT, MTT and seahorse assay.
• Analyzed results using GraphPad Prism and ImageJ software.
• Prepared a comprehensive literature review of many studies relevant to the fields of oncology, immunotherapy, fibrosis, and background science. This literature review is used to provide potential investors and outside team members insights into the background science behind the company’s motivation to pursue OXPHOS modulating drugs.
Aerosol Technology Lab, Texas A&M University – Graduate Student Researcher Jan 2019 – May 2019 The Aerosol Technology Laboratory has been serving as a center for aerosol research for both private & public sector:
• Collected and analyzed bioaerosols at wastewater facilities.
• Performed microbial plating to enumerate culturable counts and spore forming units in the samples collected from wastewater facilities.
• Extracted DNA using alkaline lysis and evaluating total cell count by qPCR.
• Performed KIRBY-BAUER test to detect the expression of antimicrobial resistance as a result of aerosolized related stress.
The Himalaya Drug Company – Intern June 2017 – July 2017 The Himalaya Drug Company Ltd. is a biopharmaceutical firm engaged in the development and manufacturing of herbal health care products and cosmetics.
• Conducted cell viability assays, cytotoxic studies, sterility testing to check for adventitious agents and improving product quality of cosmetics.
• Maintained HaCaT cells: aneuploid immortal human keratinocyte cell line. SKILLS & CERTIFICATIONS
• Wet lab: Mammalian cell culture, animal studies (zebra fish), cell-based assays, cloning and transformation, microbiology plating techniques, titrations, DNA and plasmid extraction, ELISA, agarose gel electrophoresis and SDS-PAGE, quantitative polymerase chain reaction (qPCR), western blotting, thin layer chromatography (TLC), Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), Data analysis
• Dry Lab: Bioinformatics databases, Docking software (PyMol and AutoDock), GraphPad Prism, ImageJ Software
• Programming Languages: C, C++
• Microsoft Office Packages
• Responsible Conduct of Research for Engineers
• Biological Safety Level 2 Training
• Advances in Stem cell biology
• Experimental methods in Systems biology
• Biomolecular simulation
Extraction of lipase inhibitors from the Manilkara zapota plant for the treatment of hypercholesterolemia
• Identified a novel compound from leaves of Manilkara zapota that can be used to treat Hypercholesterolemia in humans using zebrafish as a model.
• Extracted the compound via soxhlet extraction and screened the extract for lipase inhibition activity by titri-metric analysis.
• Tested the anti-lipase activity of the extract in in-vitro, in-vivo and in-silico conditions. Bacterial cellulose: Optimized production from A.xylinum, Pseudomonas sp., Rhizobium and their comparative study
• Devised a new optimized protocol to produce cellulose from bacteria.
• Isolated A.xylinum from rotten pear and Rhizobium from pea plant root nodule
• Tested and compared the biological, mechanical and chemical properties of the cellulose obtained from the three bacteria.
Pectinase production from Aspergillus niger and activity assay with pectin isolated from orange peel
• Isolated A.niger from damp soil samples collected from campus.
• Cultivated A.niger and observed for its activity against pectin isolated from orange peel. Extraction of acetylcholine esterase inhibitors from Jasminum grandiflorum for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease
• Discovered a novel compound from the leaves of Jasminum grandiflorum that can be used to treat Alzheimer’s disease using zebrafish as a model.
• Extracted the compound via soxhlet extraction and screened for the acetylcholine esterase inhibition activity by titri-metric analysis.
• Confirmed the enzyme inhibition activity of the extract in in-silico, in-vitro and in-vivo conditions. LEADERSHIP
Management Head - Kannada CARV (Circle of Acting at R.V) Apr 2017 - Apr 2018
• Organized production rehearsals and state level theatre fests.
• Managed props, sponsorship and transportation for cast and crew members. Coverage Head – HELIX (Technical fest conducted by the Department of Biotechnology) Jan 2018 – Jan 2018
• Managed and coordinated a group of 10 photographers covering the event. Joint Director of Literary Services – Rotaract Club Apr 2016 – Apr 2017
• Planned and made consolidated reports for all the events.
• Managed the editorial team of Crossroads - annual magazine of college Rotaract club.
• Administered social media pages of the club.
Eligible to work in the United States with OPT.