***** ** **** **** *** G, Beaverton, OR 97007 949-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org Special projects engineer with five years of engineering and technical project management experience. Worked hands on in the development of products and manufacturing systems, as well as developed trade secrets and intellectual property. Experience
Engineer, Special Projects Meggitt Airframe Systems Aug 2015 – present
· Managed technical projects and made purchase decisions for $2.5 million of equipment used to increase employee safety, expand product lines for increased revenue, and to reduce manufacturing costs by $2.3+ million.
· Worked with internal and external customers to understand project goals, develop plans, establish acceptance criteria, and resolve concerns; regularly reported project status, next steps, resources required, and potential risks.
· Interfaced with vendors, secured quotes, developed financial cases, requested funds, managed budgets, controlled schedules, reported progress, inspected equipment at vendors’ facilities, directed installations, and finalized handoffs.
· Developed trade secrets and intellectual property, designed and built robotic cells, prototyped product packaging, and tested manufacturing concepts for a new product line expected to grow revenue by $20+ million.
· Monitored production systems, responded to disruptions, investigated causes of failures and defects, and provided corrective actions through training, documentation, fixtures, equipment design and modification, and robotics.
· Supervised a polymer and composite manufacturing cell of 30+ personnel; increase operator efficiency from 29% to 78% by establishing roles and responsibilities and developing a new scheduling system. Quality Control Engineer, Intern Barnes Bullets, LLC Sep 2014 – Dec 2014
· Developed theories on proper handling, maintenance, and sampling procedures for a piece of equipment; designed statistical process control (SPC) test to validate theories.
· Addressed and resolved concerns of engineering and quality teams regarding the test.
· Proved the variation in the product line could be reduced by a minimum of 66% using SPC analysis.
· Created documentation providing operational definitions, operating procedures, sampling procedures, and preventative maintenance procedures.
CAD Technician Brigham Young University Apr 2012 – Jun 2014
· Updated sprinkler zoning maps and utility line routes for the university campus using AutoCAD.
· Trained four new operators to use AutoCAD and Bluebeam software. Engineering Intern Wright Engineers Apr 2011 – Aug 2011
· Reviewed lighting plans for commercial and industrial buildings to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
· Created HVAC system layouts for residential structures and determined insulation requirements. Skills
· Soft – critical decision making, adaptive, clear communication, project management, creative problem solving
· Hard – lean manufacturing, micro PLC programming, 5S, AutoCAD, 3P, Python, C#, Solidworks, Microsoft Office
· Certification – Six Sigma Black Belt
Brigham Young University PROVO, UT April 2015
· Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing Engineering