JOHNA PAUL D. DE GUZMAN
Jumeira Village Circle, Dubai
UAE Mobile: +971*********
• A dynamic and results-oriented professional who specialises in Contracts Administration and Quantity Surveying
• Familiar with the aspects of contracts and claims, cost control, progress billings and valuations
• Possesses a good interpersonal skill and the ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels
• Enjoys being part of a successful and productive team and thrives in highly pressurised and challenging working environments
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Contract/ Subcontract Administration
• Claims/Extension of Time
• Cost Control/Valuation
• Pre Contract to Post Contract Quantity
• Microsoft Office
• Full dedication at work
• Achieving and Doing
• Focus and thoroughness
• Professionalism and cordiality
• The capacity to meet project deadlines
• The capacity to adequately handle
• Total 16 years solid experience as a Quantity Surveyor of which 14 years is in UAE
• Senior Quantity Surveyor, Commercial Department, Khansaheb Civil Engineering LLC
• Senior Quantity Surveyor, Contracts Department, United Engineering Construction LLC – Construction of Residential and Commercial Buildings on Plot 7,8,15& 16, Al Qudra Road, Dubai, UAE (AED 1.2B)
• Quantity Surveyor, Cloisall Co. LLC - Ceiling Works Package at Midfield Terminal Building Abu Dhabi International Airport Project, Abu Dhabi, UAE (AED 491M)
• Quantity Surveyor, Taisei Corporation - Main contract works at Palm Jumeirah Gateway Towers Project (AED 750M)
• Licensed Civil Engineer
• Pre Contract to Post Contract Quantity Surveying from Tender to Subcontract Administration
• Prepare Cost and Value Reconciliation reports
Page 2 of 6
July 2018 – present SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR, Khansaheb Civil Engineering LLC, UAE.
• Attend internal and external Pre-commencement Contract Meetings.
• Prepare/assist with enquiries to be sent to Subcontractors and evaluate tenders on return, interview and negotiate with them if necessary, discuss potential problems and advise the Contract/Project Manager in placing a Subcontract Order.
• Prepare Daily and/or Weekly Daywork sheets for signature, and later price and total for inclusion in applications for payment.
• Prepare Interim Measurements for submission to Employer’s Representative/Employer.
• Monitor payments from all Employers to ensure cash is received on time and in full, including the timely issue and agreement of QS evaluations and Architect’s/ Engineer’s/ Supervising Officer’s certificates.
• Calculate liabilities to Subcontracts showing realistic figures and a prudent allowance for reserves.
• Prepare Payment Certificates and agree Subcontractors’ accounts including final accounts.
• Prepare/assist with tenders and subsequent accounts for work ancillary to the main contract.
• Prepare and agree final accounts.
• Review the status of retentions, and advise and liaise with Project Managers to enable them to ensure timely receipt of Practical Completion and End of Defects Liability Certificates.
• Notify the Employer or Employer’s Representative of any claim for Extension of Time and/or disruption, and assemble supporting information.
• Day to day notification in conjunction with the Project Manager.
• Periodical or monthly review of the overall effect on a project in conjunction with the Commercial Manager and Contracts Manager.
• Prepare and evaluate claims and negotiate their settlement in conjunction with the Project Manager.
• Prepare cost and value comparisons for monthly account meetings for individual projects.
• Produce monthly comparison with target values of preliminary costs for discussion with site management.
• Produce monthly comparison with target values for Subcontract Orders let and include returns from Employers for individual projects.
• Attend strategy meetings as and when called by Commercial Manager.
• Attend accounts meetings.
• Archive and dispose of document in accordance with procedure. Securing of documents on project completion, when clearing site office and on financial settlement of the project
• Act as delegated QS to monitor the training and progress of individual Quantity Surveyors, and report to the Commercial Manager any significant changes or additional experience, which should be implemented.
Page 3 of 6
Mar 2016 – July 2018 SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR, United Engineering Construction LLC, UAE.
a. SR QUANTITY SURVEYOR, United Engineering Construction LLC – Construction of Residential and Commercial Buildings on Plot 7,8,15& 16, Al Qudra Road, Dubai, UAE (January 2017–present) AED 1.2B
Directly reports to the Commercial Director and responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities below:
• Overseeing all contractual matters.
• Coordinate, prepare and monitor the preparation of the tender and contract documentation.
• Review contract/agreement documents and contractual correspondence.
• Collate all information and documents required for preparing counter-claims against contractor/consultant in disputes
• Drafting of contractual correspondence and notices for use in substantiating future claims
• Prepare contractual claims including extensions of time
• Provide recommendations on any contractual notices to the contracts, clients, vendors and such parties.
• Review and provide contractual advice, and if necessary commercial advice, and assistance in relation to Project claims and variations.
• Advise project managers and affiliates on the claims with clients, prepare variations and claims in coordination with the project team.
• Communicate with Consultants and Clients on contractual matters, including but not limited to delays, extension of time, variations, warranties, etc., including co-coordinating same with other departments and affiliate companies.
• Any other trouble shooting assignments requested by any other dept as being reasonably within the role of contracts administrator/SQS.
• Oversee quantity surveying function to ensure completion of work done at project site is timely communicated to facilitate initiation of claims to party in contract.
• Maintain all contracts documents and correspondences, analyze the risk assessment and raise concerns over critical aspects of each contract. Advise and provide information on contractual matters to the Management
• Participate in contract negotiations with clients as well as sub-contractors and conclude the negotiations securing Company’s interests in line with business strategies.
• Act as a co-coordinator on specific contracts as and when required by the Management for all projects undertaken by the company for execution.
• Develop and implement projects contracts administration procedures
• Follow-up contractual requirements such as guarantees, warranties, completion certificates, retention, letter of credits and other such documentation
• Monitor and ensure that contractor comply with their obligations under the contract with respect to approved vendor lists and other contractual terms and conditions b. SR. QUANTITY SURVEYOR, United Engineering Construction LLC, Head Office Tender Department (March 2016–December 2016)
• Quantification as required by the Tender and/or ongoing projects
• Prepares packages for supplier/subcontractors/vendor selection. Page 4 of 6
July 2014 – Feb 2016 QUANTITY SURVEYOR, Cloisall Co. LLC - Midfield Terminal Building Abu Dhabi International Airport Project, UAE. Project Contract Cost: AED 491M
Directly reports to the Commercial Manager and responsible for the following tasks and responsibilities below:
A. Contract Administration
• Contractual letter drafting for Commercial Manager.
• Assist with EOT preparation (analysing cost under claim heads).
• Oversee and issue Sub-Contracts.
B. Cost Control/Valuations/ Progress Billings
• Prepare and agree monthly valuation with the Client/Contractor.
• Prepare and submit cost loading as per programme including revisions.
• Prepare variation orders/ rough order of magnitude as per requirement.
• Monitor the expenses of the Project and prepare the Monthly Cost Report to management including cash flow analysis.
• Prepares monthly payment certificates for subcontractors. C. Procurement
• Evaluate and recommend suppliers as per project requirement. D. Measurement
• Quantification required for all the works under the contract. September 2011– July 2014 QUANTITY SURVEYOR, ACTION International Services LLC, Dubai, UAE
• Review delinquent accounts, prepare corresponding project recovery solutions and reconciliations
• Assists the Commercial Manager in the preparation of Arbitration documents.
• Prepare consolidation of accounts, invoices with attachments for client submission, as and when required
• Coordinate and assist Contract Engineers on any contractual issues with the client
• Liaise with the AR with regards to the current outstanding payable amount and legacy issues of each client, review it and prepares corresponding solutions
• Checks monthly invoices, its computation and the corresponding attachments if it will justify or properly substantiate the amount claimed
• Prepare interim payment applications along with corresponding correct attachments and substantiations
• Prepare tender submission of large and sensitive contracts, as and when required
• Attend client meetings if and when contractual disputes arise
• Review Subcontract Agreements
• Prepare Subcontract Agreements as and when required November 2006– June 2011 QUANTITY SURVEYOR Taisei Corporation Middle East
a. QUANTITY SURVEYOR, Taisei Corporation Skyoryx JV, Doha, Qatar (April 2011– June 2011)
• Assigned in the procurement department, Finishing Section. Page 5 of 6
• Preparation of stone cladding cutting list documents, detailing stone dimensions and stone treatments.
b. QUANTITY SURVEYOR, Taisei Corporation Dubai Branch, (November 2006–Mar 2011)
• Prepare cost proposals for tendering.
• Do measurements and BOQ checking as required for tenders.
• Do procurement works, canvassing and price sourcing. B. Cost Control/Valuations/ Progress Billings/Claims
• Assist Sr. Quantity surveyors in the preparations of Claims to be submitted to the Client.
• Prepare interim payment application to the Client with proper attachments for the substantiation of quantities claimed. Liaise and negotiate with the Client for the monthly interim payments and the final project cost.
• Monitoring evaluations and assessments to all subcontractor’s claims and then preparing progress billings which requires coordination with the subcontractors Evaluate and issue variation order and subcontractors instructions.
• Coordinate with the subcontractors in terms of reconciling quantities and amounts claimed
• Prepare payment certificate for subcontractor’s monthly claim until finalization of their accounts.
• Coordinate with different departments: Construction department/Engineering, QA/QC, Accounts and other related departments for progress billings and claims purposes.
• Assist accounts department on the scheduling of payment to subcontractors.
• Conduct site visits for payment processing and for monitoring actual progress needed for the preparation of claims to the client.
• Assist senior quantity surveyors in the preparation of cost control reports Prepare documents needed for the Monthly Progress Report.
• Prepare data and reports needed for cost analysis using actual progress payment certification register of various subcontractors.
• Do sourcing and purchasing of materials and related products needed for production C. Measurement
• Preparing actual measurements as per drawings needed for valuations and assessments. November 2004–November 2006 QUANTITY SURVEYOR, Taisei Philippine Construction Incorporated, Philippines
• Canvassing, evaluation, recommendation and securing of material samples required by the project. Prepares all purchase orders with supporting papers for approval and maintain filing system and updated list of items and its corresponding prices
• Quantification for all the works under the contract requiring cost.
• Monitor the expenses of the Project; prepare the Monthly Progress Billings due for the client. To check and verify the Monthly Statements due to be paid for the Subcontractors and suppliers
Page 6 of 6
• All the matters pertaining to logistics and its planning for the project, to procure all the materials, equipment, tools and other requirements of the project, and to secure the timely delivery of material and equipment
Feb 2004–June 2004 ENGINEER, Provincial Government of Oriental Mindoro, Philippines
• Preparation of Bill of Quantities for proposed government projects such as Health Centers, Roads
• Conducting site visits, checking the status of ongoing and upcoming government projects EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Collegiate Level Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Divine Word College of Calapan
June 1998 – March 2003
Calapan, Oriental Mindoro Philippines
Secondary Level Jose J. Leido Jr. National Memorial High School Calapan, Oriental Mindoro Philippines
June 1993- March 1997
Primary Level Adriatico Memorial Elementary School Calapan, Oriental Mindoro Philippines June
1986 – March 1993
Civil Engineering Licensure Examination
Philippines, November 2003
Passed/License No. 97522
Professional Civil Service Licensure Examination
Philippines, Year 1997
FURTHER SKILLS/ INTERESTS
IT Proficiency Ms Office, AutoCadd
Languages English - Intermediate
Filipino - Native Language
Hobbies/Interests Photography, Travel, Music