SEAN M. CULMER, M.B.A
Phone 678-***-**** email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Oracle database Administrator 5 plus years of experience in Network Environment using ORACLE 12c and 11g on Linux platform.
• Experience on multiple databases including production and Test databases ranging in various sizes.
• Installing, configuring Oracle 11g and 12c using tools as the universal installer and the Oracle DBCA.
• Managing the Database environment in daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis using Oracle tools.
• Setting up and configuring new environments (Developmental, Production and Test Environments).
• Obtaining and applying quarterly updates by using the Opatch utility.
• Performing Oracle database physical backups and recovery that are taken through Rman.
• Initiating Oracle database logical backup which are performed through export/import/ Data pump.
• Cloning databases for dev and test purposes.
• Install and configuring Listener using Netca.
• Understanding the usage of diagnostic utilities as AWR and ADDM.
• De-fragmentation of the database.
• Use of Disaster Recovery solutions for Oracle 11g and 12c.
• Usage of flashback options at the Db level.
• Experienced in Oracle installation, configuration and troubleshooting issues. TECHNICAL SKILS
Relational Databases Oracle 11g & 12c
Operating Systems Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Windows Networking Tools SQL, SQL Plus,
Programming Languages SQL, SQL*Plus, PL/SQL
Tools OEM, DBCA, Netca, Universal Installer, Rman, Microsoft PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Client : Newayitsolutions, Maryland
Role : Jr. DBA
Duration : 2014-2019
Newayitsolutions is a DBA consulting firm which contracts for small and large Oracle projects. These projects consisted of database maintenance, creating and configuring databases, and employing tools that insure connectivity and user availability. Troubleshooting was also employed to resolve issues and to maintain the database.
• Created and configured Oracle databases.
• Created users, granted privileges and assigned roles
• Updated Oracle databases.
• Performed backup and recovery for Oracle database through RMAN and Export & Import
• Coordinated client setup in environment.
• Configured listener
• Performed AWR and OEM
• Upgraded oracle 11g & 12c.
• Monitored Oracle databases.
• Creating database users and assigning quotas, roles, privileges, and profiles to users.
• Understanding the physical and logical files of the database.
• Creating databases and database objects as tables, table spaces, rollback/undo segments and views
• Use of the enterprise manager.
• Maintaining the database.
• Auditing the database (standard and fine grain).
• Configuring and controlling the database listener.
• Understanding undo table space.
• Net manager usage.
• Understanding the AWR and ADDM.
• Restore and recovery using the RMAN.
• Using the datapump backup.
• Knowing how to perform a flashback.
• Using SQL Loader.
• Uninstalling, upgrading, and Installing oracle.
• Manage, troubleshoot and resolve oracle database applications Issues
• Data Guard (11g &12c)
Environment: Oracle 11g and 12c
Client : Veterans Empowerment Organization (VEO), Georgia Role : Program Manager
Duration : 2014
VEO is a nonprofit organization created to assist veterans. Projects undertaken included generating and querying reports. Creating databases for maintaining and storing data was among duties and responsibilities.
• Created databases
• Generated reports
• Performed help desk tasks
Environment: These projects operated on a Windows platform. EDUCATION & TRAINING:
• Oracle DBA
• Oracle database 11g & 12C
• SQL certification
• MBA-Management/Marketing - Andrew Jackson University, Birmingham, Al (2006)
• BA-Management- Wilmington College, Wilmington, OH (1993)