Gregory A Bracey
A determined and objective troubleshooter and problem-solver with outstanding organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills, both written and presentational. Earned certifications in computer security and network operations. Ability to be a team player and resolve problems and conflicts professionally. Skilled at communicating complex information in a simple and comprehensive manner. Looking to contribute my knowledge and skills in an environment that offers genuine opportunity for career progression. KEY QUALIFICATIONS
• TCP/IP addressing and data delivery
• Analyzing network security risks
• Identify security threats to information security
• Network troubleshooting
• Virtualization technologies
• Cloud computing
• Remote access and VPN
• Implement security for networks
• Address security incidents
• Ensure the continuity of business operations
OCCUPATIONAL LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
CompTIA Security +
Connecticut Department of Education Teaching Certificate EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Certificate (500 hours), Security and Network Infrastructure Specialist, Carolina Career College Dec 2019 Master’s degree in Education, University of Bridgeport May 1991 Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration – Accounting, California State University May 1988 RECENT WORK HISTORY
Personal Trainer, Body by Bracey, Raleigh, NC August 1996 – Present
• Worked with individuals on the improvement of their athletic skills—assessed, planned and implemented
• Taught martial arts and boxing
• Strength and conditioning coaching for high school and college basketball athletes.
• Trained individuals in proper workout techniques and planned exercise programs to increase their functional skills and enhance their athletic abilities Substitute Teacher, Waterbury Public Schools, Waterbury, CT Dec 2015 – Dec 2017
• Adhered to the curriculum and lesson plans assigned by the regular teacher.
• Followed procedures to achieve lesson goals.
• Assigned and explained homework.
• Oversaw students outside of the classroom including in the hallways and cafeteria.
• Took attendance and documented daily notes.
• Ensured classroom and work was kept clean and orderly.
• Compiled a report for the teacher for when he/she returned. Teacher, Hartford Public Schools, Hartford, CT Jul 2015 – Aug 2015
• Responsible for teaching reading, grammar and math to students who were selected to attend the summer early start program.
• Create and/or implement curriculum
• Plan and execute lessons
• Classroom management (10-15 students)
• Email supervisor lesson plans weekly
GREGORY A BRACEY Page 2
• Advise parents of student progress for the purpose of communicating expectations; student's achievements; developing methods for improvement and/or reinforcing classroom goals in the home environment.
• Manage student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and optimal learning environment Substitute Teacher, New Haven Public Schools, New Haven, CT Nov 2013- July 2015
• Substitute teacher working at many of the schools within the school district
• Designed fun and educational lessons for a variety of subjects and grade levels (K-6)
• Supervised quiet reading time, group discussions or educational videos based on material
• Adapted quickly to a variety of subjects, grade levels and teaching styles to present information effectively to students without interrupting the lesson plan schedule
• Communicated effectively with teachers, counselors and parents to determine the best way to present information for individual class needs
• Addressed any student behavioral problems, calming disruptive students and escalating to principal as needed