Highly-skilled and resourceful Registered Practical Nurse with years of healthcare experience. I am seeking a position to contribute my expertise in a highly competitive healthcare organization. EDUCATION
O C, 2012
· Registered Practical Nurse Certificate
· Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery
PROFESSIONAL TRAINING/ CERTIFICATION
NURSING · Certified in EDUCATION Physical Assessment MISSISSAUGA, 2013
· Certified in Medication Administration & Advance Pharmacology
· Certified in CPR(BLS)& First AID MISSISSAUGA, 2019
· SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
· Highly skilled in providing general patient care and education followed by procedures, methods and techniques of practical nursing and health care.
· Knowledge of universal precautions and infections control procedure with ability to administer proper vaccines and immunizations.
· Excellent communication skills -able to connect with family/patients to obtain patient's medical history.
· Sound ability to respond to emergency situations.
· Maintain confidentiality of patient’s information and prepare medical records.
· Excel in being team player, making quick judgments and decision, time-management and multitasking.
· Adaptable in learning new nursing methods, equipment’s and system applications.
· Hands on experience in assisting doctors and related health professionals with examinations, treatments, tests and regular procedures.
· Thrive in fast-paced, high-pressured environments. EXPERIENCE
R P N E
M, ON S 2013-P
· Provide health care assessments and assistants to youth with development or medical challenges.
· Apply administered medicine on patients such as oral medications and intramuscular injections.
· Exceptional connection with patients and families.
· Apply critical thinking and evidence based practice in decision making for client care.
· Supervised and assessed vital changes in patient’s condition by monitoring vital signs, symptoms, test results and documented and recorded patients’ health status.
· Provide one- on-one care to patients and assist in continuous quality improvement and evaluation.
· Record food and fluid intake, bath, dress and assist youth in walking and turning. R N C
, I 2008-201
· Administered medications, observed and documented therapeutic effects and provided pre-operative and post-operative personal and comfort care.
· Monitored respiratory and intravenous therapy, monitored patients’ progression.
· Assisted physicians with cesarean birth, provided midwifery and nursing care of high risk ante partum, intrapartum and postpartum women.
R N G
, I 2003-2008
· Delivered exceptional professional care routines in highly stressful environments.
· Reviewed and monitored patient’s physical needs and conditions, administered approved medications and arranged medical appointments.
· Assessed patient’s condition by monitoring vital sign and symptoms in a timely manner.
· Recorded and maintained patients’ health status and nursing care results in confidentiality.
· Counsel patients regarding treatment, side effects of treatments, preventative measures.
· Provided appropriate referrals and experienced in psychiatric and mental health nursing.
· Applied aseptic techniques including sterile dressing, ensuring infection control, monitoring nutritional intake and conducting specimen collections.