Highlights of Accomplishments
• Proven: Hands-on proficiency in designing and managing high-profile products for some of Canada's best-known brands (Rogers, CBC and Bank of Montreal).
• Leadership: UX Design Team Lead for the BMO Digital transformation project in Wealth Management and Everyday Banking.
• Integration: Leveraged expertise in UX and stakeholder relations to implement Voice Assistants like Alexa and Siri across Rogers Radio products.
Rogers Communications: Digital Products
10/2017 – 08/2018
• Oversaw UX deliverables for a range of projects including Voice Assistants, CityNews News / Radio Brand merge and Accessibility User Testing.
• Collaborated with stakeholders across the corporation to ensure business goals were met while maintaining strong audience engagement across all digital platforms including Web, Mobile, Wearables and Voice Assistant Devices.
User Experience Team Lead
The Bank of Montreal: Wealth Management
10/ 2016 – 10/2017
• Led innovation of the next generation of UX in the Canadian Banking sector.
• Designed IA maps, wireframes and prototypes for user testing; also wrote scripts and moderated user test sessions for Everyday Banking and Wealth Management properties.
• Duties included providing leadership to design team as well as advocating for the importance of a user-centric design approach to stakeholders in the organization.
Mediative: a division of Yellow Pages Canada
02/2015 – 09/2016
• Led an overhaul of digital properties for Project M, company-wide rebranding; results seen in over 50% increase in traffic and improved engagement.
• Leveraged experience and expertise in UX to successfully manage a national team of creative, editorial as well as technical producers in creating Mediative's first in-house digital product.
CBC Radio Canada: CBC News: The National
08/2008 – 01/2015
• Successfully conceptualized, designed and executed a digital strategy for The National.
• Design process included IA, Wireframes and Visual Design, including interface design for Media Player.
• Multidisciplinary collaboration required between Television, News and Web specific groups to maintain professional standards and journalistic integrity.
• Stakeholder management included liaising with the design department, the engineering department, and the senior editorial news team for alignment.
CBC Radio Canada: CBC Digital
01/2002 – 07/2008
• Designed, developed and executed the online strategy for high profile network projects like The Hour, CBC Podcasting and Canada Reads, providing expertise and strategy.
• Experience in creating IA maps, user flow, wireframes and visual design.
Areas of Experience
UX/UI Design, User Centric Design, Usability Protocols, Digital Analytics, SEO, Prototyping, Persona Creation, IA, User Testing.
Digital Strategy, Product Ownership/Management, Art Direction, Web and Mobile Design, Brand Strategy.
• UX/UI Design and Typography
• Wireframe Prototyping (Sketch, Balsamiq, Axure, XD, Invision)
• Interactive Design and Development
• Adobe (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Flash, InDesign, Premiere, After Effects)
• Project Management (JIRA, Confluence, Basecamp, Trello, Asana)
Humber College: Interactive Multimedia, Post Graduate Certificate (2000 - 2001)
University of Toronto: B.A. Hon. Fine Art Studio and Art History (1996 - 2000)