HIGH-IMPACT HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Driving strategic HR initiatives to realize bottom line results and enhance employee engagement in the pursuit of organizational objectives.
Performance-driven professional with 18 years of combined expertise in Human Resources management, recruiting, benefits, compliance, corporate and employment laws. Strategy architect in the development of innovative HR initiatives to streamline processes and capitalize on organizational growth opportunities. A creative thinker, problem solver and decision maker who effectively balances the needs of employees with the mission of the organization. Strong communication, interpersonal relations, mentoring, negotiation and organizational skills.
CORE SKILLS & SPECIALTIES
• Process Implementation
• Talent Acquisition & Training
• Workflow Improvement
• Organizational Development
• Employee Development
• Program Development
• Staff Recruiting & Retention
• HR Compliance
• Performance Management
• Conflict Resolution
ACHIEVEMENTS IN HUMAN RESOURCES
Entered a company undergoing rapid acquisitions and mergers as the first ever HR Director; Company was lacking in organizational effectiveness, with no established HR practices, built HR department from the ground up to implement HR standards and compliance, revamped employee handbook, policies and procedures, job descriptions and introduced a performance management system. Renegotiated Benefits Broker services and hired a company that saved $173,000.00 in annual fees. Reduced overall company benefit costs by 11% after researching and implementing plan and tier changes; made recommendations that were accepted, to initiate a 100% employer paid benefit plan for a final savings of 8%. Included in this expansion of services were Domestic Partner benefits and an Employee Assistance Program that included dependents as well. Restructured onboarding efforts for multiple locations across the country through the creation of a Personal Action Form in Microsoft SharePoint for easy accessibility by all directors and hiring managers which streamlined the process and saved 30% in recruiting costs and eliminated missed information. Conducted successful audits and investigations in employee embezzlements and harassment claims. Set up and processed multi-state payroll in 40 states, through ADP Workforce-now. Evaluated and researched HRIS, payroll and benefits systems, selected and successfully completed implementation on time and under budget. Implemented new HRIS system Ceridian Dayforce with no outside consulting services.
Perfect record in representing all organizations in regulatory agency matters resulting in no losses. Dilnar Menesse
14430 Manorbier Lane, Sugar Land, Texas 77498 • 281-***-**** • firstname.lastname@example.org WORK EXPERIENCE
PERCHERON PROFESSIONAL SERVICES - (An Oil and Gas services company) Director – Human Resources and Payroll Oct 2011- March 2020
• Restructured policy and procedures and brought company up to HR standards and compliance.
• Implemented strategic planning, operating and financial activities within the HR department (total staff of 5).
• Directed activities including workers compensation/leave, employee relations, training and development, compensation and benefits, talent acquisition, on-boarding, payroll, and other day to day management.
• Worked closely with executive leadership to develop effective internal communications to promote morale and achieve company-wide goals.
• Trusted advisor to management on legal and employment issues.
• Project Lead on the implementation of two new HRIS and payroll systems – ADP workforce Now and subsequently the transition to and implementation of Ceridian Dayforce.
• HR partner on the cross functional Time and Expense implementation team of Deltek Vision.
• Managed the common processes and day-to-day operations of Human Resources, including both corporate Human Resources and deployed Human Resources support for regional and field offices.
• Developed and implemented an annual performance review process and supervisor training.
• Evaluated Insurance brokers every three years and reviewed and selected plan offerings that provided the best coverage for the employees while maintaining costs for the company.
• Lead the development and execution of the Human Resources strategic plan and initiatives to support the business policies and promote a unified company culture, post-merger of four companies, spread over 38 states and 45 locations.
• Positioned as point of contact for managers and employees regarding interpretation of benefits, departmental and corporate policies. Addressed job related issues and/or performance improvement and consulted on salary increases and performance reviews.
• Ensured compliance and timely required filings and maintained a thorough knowledge in areas such as EEO, FLSA, Wage and Hour, FLMA, ACA and other regulatory requirements. BUSINESS SECURITY SOLUTIONS VP - Accounting and Operations June 2003-Apr 2011
(An IT security services company)
• Efficiently ran the company’s day-to-day operations.
• Contributed to the company’s growth and net worth by increasing sales and hiring the right candidates.
• Successfully completed numerous audits including the Texas state sales tax audit with no tax due and a glowing letter of recommendation from the auditors.
• Created the financial budget and reviewed it with company president on a monthly basis.
• Produced the company financial reports for monthly, quarterly and annual distribution and reporting.
• Processed semi-monthly Payroll, filed all relevant IRS forms and reports.
• Checked all Sales reps order entries for accuracy, profitability and contracting terms.
• Oversaw invoicing and accounts receivable of all customers.
• Designed and managed the Sales representatives’ Commission plans and payouts. Dilnar Menesse
14430 Manorbier Lane, Sugar Land, Texas 77498 • 281-***-**** • email@example.com HOSTCENTRIC MANAGEMENT CO. - Manager of HR and Payroll Feb 2001- May 2003
(An IT services company, providing managed services, web hosting and ISP services)
• Initiated the recruitment and staffing of open positions.
• On boarded and conducted the orientation of new employees.
• Processed the employee payroll for approximately 525 employees at 6 locations in 4 states.
• Implemented and managed the benefits including the 401(k) plans; handled the annual audits, and form 5500 submissions.
• Led and influenced the development of business standards and decisions regarding changes to processes that furthered organizational growth.
BOOKKEEPING AND OFFICE SERVICES QuickBooks Consultant Oct 2000 – Feb 2001
• Implemented and managed accounting and HR systems and activities for various client projects spanning multiple industries.
• Trained staff and gave company presentations.
• Filed paperwork for startups and set up companies, created employee handbook, and policy and procedure manuals.
• Some of the tasks performed for the clients were bank reconciliations, trial balance sheet and financial statement preparation, general ledger maintenance, accounts receivable and accounts payable and payroll processing.
• Generated year end W-2s and W-3 and Forms 1099 and 1096. PCPEOPLE, INC. Manager – Human Resources and Accounting Jan 1999 - Oct 2000
(A software reseller to the government agencies and school districts)
• Oversight of all accounting and operational activities; complete P&L responsibility.
• Staffing and training; internal and external reporting and auditing.
• Budget planning and management.
• Policy and procedure development for sales, order entry, purchasing and shipping. BRIDGEWAY SOFTWARE INC. Manager – Accounting and HR May 1994 – Jan 1999
(A software developer for programs used by the general counsels of Fortune 100 companies)
• Developed Business Policy and procedures and then implemented them.
• Responsible for recruitment and hiring; and new hire orientation.
• Processed payroll and employee benefit deductions.
• Reviewed and negotiated contracts and leases.
• Implemented and trained staff on accounting software.
• Responsible for budget preparation and monthly financial analysis review with CFO and department heads on a quarterly basis.
B.A. – UNIVERSITY OF KARNATAKA - INDIA.
SHRM – SCP – 2016
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST