email@example.com / 713-***-****
Analytical scientist specializing in Instrumentation and Process Development with a focus in healthcare and biotechnology. Team player, project manager, problem solver, strong work ethic, multitasks well, and punctual. EDUCATION
Occidental College, Los Angeles, CA
• BA Chemistry, BA Physics, 2013
• Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Pi Sigma
• Varsity Water Polo, Captain (2012), Gold Medal Winner at 19th Maccabiah World Games WORK EXPERIENCE
HawkeyeBio, Torrance, CA
Manager, Saliva Development Project (March 2020 – Present)
• Leads an effort to develop and commercialize a RT-qPCR test to detect lung cancer biomarkers from saliva samples while adhering to GLP and other best practices.
• Perfecting testing protocol and compiling the test with a keen focus on creating both LDT and pre- market approval submissions (510k) for an in-vitro diagnostic.
• Work with manufactures and clinical partners to source potential products and human samples for large scale pre-clinical trial testing
• Compile and submit proposals to grant management agencies (NIH and SBIR) to secure funding. MicrobeDx, Los Angeles, CA
Chief Technology Officer (Feb 2019 – March 2020) and Director of Assay Development (Aug 2017 – Jan 2019)
• Develop manufacturing processes to commercialize lab-based benchtop assay for the identification and AST testing of bacteria in urine specimens while adhering to ISO 9001 and 13485 guidelines.
• Invent and author new patents and invention disclosures while collaborating with IP counsel for the protection of vital assay steps and technologies. (6 in PCT stage and 1 provisional)
• Work with centralized laboratories to license our technology to create LDTs for ID and AST assays.
• Lead and manage internal and external teams to complete 6- and 12-month long assay development and manufacturing projects on schedule and to proposed budgets.
• Compile and submit proposals and invoices to grant management agencies (NIH and SBIR) to secure funding and reimbursement payments.
Oak Crest Institute of Science, Monrovia, CA
Lab Manager (July 2015 – Aug 2017) and Research Associate (July 2013 – June 2015)
• Developed and published an ion chromatography method for tissue analysis for HIV prevention research resulting in four publications, including one first authorship.
• Analyzed samples using multiple forms of liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry for both pharmaceutical and environmental research, including human clinical trial samples.
• Adhered to FDA guidelines & GMP protocols while producing HIV prevention rings for clinical studies.
• Vital part of two month-long lab relocation, where careful planning and attention were needed to move precision instrumentation and machinery.
Los Angeles Water Polo Foundation, Los Angeles, CA Founder, Director, and Secretary (January 2018 – Present)
• Created a Tax-Exempt 501(c)3 non-profit corporation for the benefit of growing the sport of Water Polo in the Los Angeles area.
• Collaborate with other board members in organizing and growing the Bob Nealy Memorial Tournament
($10K in revenue in 2019) and the Southern Pacific Super League.
• Manage and grow the master’s team and organize clinics for high school athletes. Cal State University Innovation Corps, Los Angeles, CA Industry Mentor (July 2015 – December 2017)
• Advised local college students in a biotechnology commercialization program to help them bring a research-based idea to hypothetical market.
• Provided industry insight and experience to help formulate and refine students’ product.
• Strengthened and enhanced students’ business pitches and final presentations. LANGUAGES AND COMPUTING
Proficient in Spanish. Skilled programming in C++, Java, and Python. Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Visio, Agilent Chemstation, Luminex Magpix, and Quickbooks.