Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone No: 248-***-****
LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/harshitha-rangaraju-285a34159/ Summary:
Over 9 years of IT experience as a Systems Engineer with extensive experience with LINUX (Redhat and SuSE), UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX) and Windows (2008/2012) Operating Systems which includes 3+ years of experience in DevOps, AWS Cloud computing and VMware administration
• Installed and monitored server builds in Virtual environments on ESX/ESXi 5.x/6.x vSphere hypervisor running Linux (Redhat 5/6/7) and using Jumpstart, Kickstart and manual installation processes
• Launching AWS EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Images (Linux/Ubuntu) and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications
• Hands-on experience working on CI/CD tools for DevOps such as Jenkins, Ansible, Docker and application deployments using Microservices and environment configuration using Chef and Puppet on multiple platforms
• Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments and testing with Selenium.
• Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GitHub and Subversion (SVN) on Linux and windows platforms. Maintained and administered GIT source code tool. Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo. Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes
• Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars, which are used during the build.
• Designing, configuring and managing public/private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services
(AWS) including but not limited to EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker and Kubernetes Containers), Elastic Filesystem, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, S3, RDS, Glacier, Snowball, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, IAM, EMR, Elastic Search
• Setting up data in AWS using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket. Utilize S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS and supported migration from legacy environment of Data Center to Amazon Cloud
• Creating snapshots and AWS machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances
• Good working knowledge in monitoring tools like CloudWatch, Nagios, Splunk and BPM
• Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA. Created and wrote Bash, Perl and Python for automating tasks
• Involved in 24/7 on-call production support and troubleshooting problems related to OS and Application Server with Tivoli monitoring tool, Primavera and HP Service Manager Ticketing Systems Certifications:
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
• Bachelor of Technology in CSE from JNTU 2003 -2007
• Masters in CSE from SVUCA 2007 - 2010
Integration & Configuration
Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Maven
Version Control Tool Git, GitHub, SVN(Subversion), Tortoise, Bit Bucket Cloud Environment Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, OpenStack HARSHITHA RANGARAJU
Email ID: email@example.com Phone No: 248-***-**** 2
Tools CHEF, PUPPET, JENKINS, MAVEN, SVN, GIT, GITHUB, TORTOISE SVN, NEXUS, NAGIOS, DOCKER, ANSIBLE, SPLUNK
AWS Services EC2, S3, Cloud, Cloud formation, ELB, VPC, RDS, AMI, IAM Operating Systems Red Hat Linux 5/6/7, SUSE LINUX, UNIX, Windows servers [2008, 2008 R2, 2012] Windows, Ubuntu, Sun Solaris, HPUX 10.x/11.x
Networking/Protocol FTP/SFTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DHCP, NFS, Cisco Routers Scripting Languages Python, Shell, Perl, Power, J Son Web/Application Servers Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere, Apache 2.0.x Database Technologies SQL Server, MySQL, RDS, DynamoDB File Systems Ext3, Ext4, XFS, ZFS and NTFS
Monitoring Tools Nagios, Splunk, BMP, Elastic Search, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial Volume Manager VERITAS Volume Management and LVM
Application Servers Web Logic Application Server 9, 10, Apache Tomcat 5/7, Red Hat JBOSS, WebSphere Professional Experience:
FannieMae, VA May 2018 – Nov 2019
DevOps/ Infrastructure Analyst
Working as a part of Risk and Corporate Systems Technology (RCST) portfolio and worked for the Hosting and Engineering Services team (HES) to build the Out of Region contingency servers. Responsibilities:
• Involved in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) process into our environment with Jenkins Pipelines for continuous build and deployment.
• Created Jenkins jobs to automate ANT/Maven Application Builds and integrated Selenium plugin in Jenkins for Code quality check.
• Integrated GIT into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
• Configured multiple Windows and Linux Slaves for Jenkins Master to distribute the load across all the machines.
• Involved in Jenkins day to day maintenance (i.e. Plug-in installation, creating regular back-ups and setting up the security).
• Worked on GIT and SVN version control management tools for source code repository.
• Created Ansible Playbooks for Infrastructure maintenance on VMWare, AWS EC2 and Physical Servers.
• Used Ansible as Configuration Management tool to maintain several hundreds of servers across multiple platforms.
• Written Chef Recipes and Ansible Playbooks to automate configuration and deployment of LAMP stacks using YAML and created Ansible Playbooks for Infrastructure maintenance on VMWare, AWS EC2 and Physical Servers.
• Working extensively with the assets in RCST to complete their OOR set up with all gates provided by the program.
• Set up meetings with the portfolio owners and teams to provide the next steps of the program and getting them ready with their assets. Involved in reporting Weekly ERM and Biweekly RCST OOR status updates to the management.
State Farm Insurance, IL Oct 2011 – Dec 2017
AWS/ Linux Engineer
Worked in Insurance company as a part of production support team to ensure the high availablility of the critical applications and project team for building servers for the application teams using templates by company standards. Responsibilities:
• Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications. HARSHITHA RANGARAJU
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone No: 248-***-**** 3
• Defined AWS Security Groups, which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic, allowing to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
• Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design fault tolerant, cost effective and highly available systems.
• Experience with AWS S3 services creating buckets, configuring buckets with permissions, logging, versioning, life Cycle and tagging.
• Utilize AWS CLI to automate backups of ephemeral data-stores to S3 buckets, EBS and create AMIs for mission critical production servers as backups.
• Work with F5 load balancers to load balance and reverse proxy servers. Work with CloudFront, CloudTrail and Glacier.
• Utilize S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS. Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
• Configuring Elastic Beanstalk for auto-scaling, capacity provisioning, to application health monitoring and Configuring SNS notifications.
• Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances. Design user's credentials and profiles using AWS IAM. Design Roles and Groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) and SAML integrations with Active Directory.
HP-EDS Enterprise Services, MI Sep 2010 – Oct 2011 Hosting / Solutions Engineer
• Unix Analyst for the Unix to Linux migration effort, which involves a great deal of coordination work between the different Applications team, Firewall team, SAN team, Testing and user groups for the successful migration of the servers.
• Worked on gathering requirements for the Unix to Linux migration effort from the OS perspective and helped the Application owners, Server Type Owners to understand what the different services that are currently used by their Application in Unix environment.
• Worked to load application servers on VMWare by creating templates as per the company standards.
• Worked in production support team for supporting critical business application servers on priority basis with low, medium and high tickets.
• Worked extensively on change management tickets for the application release or upgrades and patches for the OS builds.
• Extensive use of Logical Volume Manager (LVM), creating Volume Groups, Logical volumes and disk mirroring in RHEL.
• Worked extensively on the deployments of WebSphere applications on the OS and troubleshooting the logs for the execution of the instances.
• Extensive use of performance monitoring and Performance Tuning using top, prstat, sar, vmstat, ps, iostat etc.
Sears Holdings Corporation, IL Jul 2010 – Sep 2010 Deployment Engineer/ UNIX Administrator
• Experience in creation of environments on virtual machines to be handed over to development and QA teams. Created containers and deployed applications in JBOSS on different containers.
• Executed builds and performed deployments in various environments.
• Creating new file system, managing & checking data consistency of the file system.
• Participated in change control activities and involved in memory sizing of different applications.
• Complete periodic checks of production and development systems; CPU utilization, memory profiles, disk utilization, network connectivity, system log files, etc.
• Administered the software Packages and Patches on Servers as well as on workstations.
• Installed and maintained the machines with the updated patches and necessary client software packages, pkgadd, pkginfo, pkgrm, patchadd, showrev –p, patchadd –p. HARSHITHA RANGARAJU
Email ID: email@example.com Phone No: 248-***-**** 4
• Schedule backup jobs by implementing cronjobs schedule during nonbusiness hours.
• Performed Backup management through regular ufsdump, ufsrestore, fbackup, F-Recovery