Caterpillar: Confidential Green
Ernest Bradley II
San Diego, CA, 92110
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
I am seeking a Manufacturing Engineer position with a forward-looking company driven by ideas, innovation, and excellence to contribute my unique talents to the team, and also to grow and advance my career as a Manufacturing Engineer.
San Diego State University (SDSU), San Diego, CA, 92182; graduated 2013 Bachelors of Science, Mechanical Engineering.
• Cultivated an understanding of Material Manufacturing at the Detail, Composite and Assembly manufacturing levels.
• Acquired detailed knowledge of Material Fabrication: Die, Brake, Hot, and Spin form techniques; Weldments; Process Clean; Destructive and Non Destructive Testing Milling, Turning, .
• Developed an applied knowledge of System, Applications and Products (SAP) to Route and Plan Detail and Assembly Production Parts.
• Used controls such as Material Master, ECN, and DCN regulate manufacture of production units.
• Gained depth of knowledge in Lean Manufacturing Tools: 6σ, 8D, 5S, SMED, WSM and Least Waste Way Programs.
• Leveraged TeamCenter Database to analyze production part history and design specification.
• Gathered vital knowledge of ISO, AMSE, ASTM, BAS, AMS, RMS, SAE Aerospace and Medical Manufacturing Design and Process Specifications.
• Built and maintained Achieving Competitive Excellence (ACE) Visuals for Boeing 787 Center Vent Tube Assembly Transfer Program.
• Delivered Manufacturing Technical support to Airbus A350 Fan Cowl Transfer Team.
• Worked within Manufacturing Team to deliver 6 Nacelles Assemblies to Mitsubishi Regional Jet.
• Attained proficient knowledge of industry tools: CATIA, Solid Works, Creo (formally ProEngineer), Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook, BAAN, SFIS, MRCA, Windchill.
• Identified, analyzed, and disseminated critical data to higher level decision-makers.
• Successful completion of Solar GD&T Basics Course Caterpillar: Confidential Green
• Serve as Vice-President of Society of American Military Engineers (SDSU Student Chapter).
• Earned Sergeant (E-5) in United States Army.
• Designed, Managed, and Lead Company level sniper team operations.
• Coached Long-Range Shooting, Target Detection, and Ranging Estimation to 9 Soldier to fulfill the position of Designated Marksman within the Company.
• Solar Armed Forces Support Network (SAFSN), Harbor Drive Representative. Work Experience:
Senior Manufacturing Engineer CS/PS
Solar Turbines; San Diego, CA 11/2017- Present
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works both independently and as part of a team to maintain and improve processes and systems used in manufacturing
• Function as a specialist and subject matter expert for technical planning throughout a manufacturing facility
• Large Body Charter part engineer for 15 Detail Parts; Rolling up into 5 Engine Product Lines
• Analyze requirements and make recommendations for facility systems, processes, training, equipment needs, and engineering product designs
• Complete both specialized and broad-based assignments / projects which may require collaboration and integration with other functions
• Evaluate projects and prepare feasibility studies to define desired results, assess value proposition and determine project plans
• Analyze, provide specifications and perform acquisition for new or replacement machine tools
• Perform capital forecasting correlation and reporting as it relates to new product introduction, product capacity increases, machine replacement and process continuous improvement
• Perform process improvement activities to reduce material and machining cost
• Analyze tooling failures and evaluate tool characteristics and requirements
• Progress component part fixturing and gaging.
• Improve space utilization in manufacturing and office spaces
• Develop and implement assembly processes in line with Solar Turbines standard processes
• Create/maintain Operation Instruction Sheets ( O.I.S.) using QuickSilver, CREO
• Managing Windchill task associated with designated charter parts.
• Create and/or maintain part planning, cycle time using SFIS, and BAAN. Caterpillar: Confidential Green
Manufacturing Engineer II
LISI Medical Jeropa Inc; Escondido, CA 10/2015- 11/2017 Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain cost effective processes and procedures used in the manufacture of parts and assemblies in order to ensure conformance to customer requirements while adhering to the highest quality standards and LEAN principles
• Assist Program Management by providing information on the technical aspects of projects including ensuring manufacturability, assuring appropriate bids on projects are submitted and providing on-going technical support throughout the duration of assigned projects.
• Coordinate the activities of assigned projects, including supporting the MRB process and providing engineering support to Operations and Quality and troubleshoot as needed to resolve manufacturing process issues and out-of-specification issues. Develop recommendations for equipment, fixtures and cutting tools necessary to produce parts and/or assemblies. Assist in the development of tooling design and validating alternate materials as required.
• Input manufacturing plans into the company ERP system and maintain various key elements of the plan, including parts inventory, product structure and routings. Identify continuous improvement opportunities and support efforts in order to implement LEAN principles throughout the organization.
• Develop and maintain appropriate documentation related to projects responsible for, including engineering changes and manufacturing processes.
• Work closely with NC Programming to ensure CNC programs are complete and verified before scheduled start dates of the projects.
• Assist with planning, designing and coordinating the integration of new equipment into the manufacturing process.
Associate Manufacturing Engineer (Liaison)
United Technologies Corp., Chula Vista, CA 1/2014 -1/2015 Duties and Responsibilities:
● Provide engineering support for product design, process improvements to improve manufacturing throughput, ensure product quality, and lower costs for new and existing products.
● Analyze data to ensure maintenance schedules can be met, as well as ensure adequate supplies, spares, are available to meet repair schedules.
● Assists in the product development process and prepares the manufacturing documentation required for detail and assembly tooling, incorporation of Engineering Changes (ECN), and Engineering Deviations.
● Support Design and Stress requirement for Detail, Sub-assembly, and Assembly by creating and verifying Bill of Material (BOM), and Routing. Caterpillar: Confidential Green
● Provide urgent manufacturing technical problem solving for critical supply issues.
● Assists in detail and assembly production development to support the various product development teams, develop product manufacturing plans to support Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR) and Critical Design Reviews (CDR), and Lean Events
● Identify production quality risks to full rate production and provide manufacturing input for mitigation plans, through the use of Six-Sigma Analysis.
● Applies professional knowledge of engineering principles and techniques, along with manufacturing methods, processes, and the resolution of technical problems during the manufacturing process.
● Act as a liaison between departments and all other company departments.
● Plan and coordinate schedules, establish priorities and monitor progress. Proficient in the use of 3-D modeling softwares such as SolidWorks, Creo ( ProE), and CATIA V, for Tool Design, Tool Modification; Part Updates, Rendering, and Inspection.
● Utilize skills such as 2-D drawings with proper Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing(GD&T), MS Office, MS Project, SAP, TeamCenter, CNC Programming Software, and ENOVIA.
Manufacturing Engineer Intern
United Technologies Corp., Chula Vista, CA 5/2013 - 1/2014 Duties and Responsibilities:
● Maintain continuous improvement visuals and manufacturing standard work, ensuring alignment with customer requirements.
● Performing time observations for the basis of standard work implementation.
● Provide urgent manufacturing technical problem solving for critical supply issues.
● Perform technical review of manufacturing improvement plans.
● Designing work layouts.
● Coordinate database development for new and existing department process tracking systems.
● Provide production and engineering support principles and concepts and a general understanding of practices, techniques, and standards.
● Modifying/creating manufacturing work plans.
● Utilize MS Office, MS Project, SAP, and TeamCenter. Caterpillar: Confidential Green
United States Army Senior Sniper
United States Army, Joint Base Lewis-McCord, WA 11/2009 - 1/2011 Duties and Responsibilities:
● Identify and analyze critical battlefield information. Issuing After Action Reports to Commander.
● Provide long range surveillance and precision ordnance onto enemy targets.
● Continuously trained and guided subordinate members of sniper team to achieve high paced mission schedule.
● Work in close cooperation with other teams at the Company and Battalion level.
● Intensely focused toward a long-term goal.
● Must be able to absorb large amounts of data and use that data, accurately, under extreme stress.
● Utilize Range Finders, High Power Scopes, Long Range Rifles, Military Issue Handguns, Close Quarter Combat Techniques.