Tel: 647-***-**** Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
University of Western Ontario, London, ON
• Bachelor of Medical Sciences (Expected 2022).
• Four Year Continuing Admission Scholarship ($2500 yearly).
• Dean’s Honour List (2018-2019 academic year).
• Western Scholars.
Health Information - Women’s College Hospital, Toronto, ON Jul 2019 – Aug 2019 Summer Student
• Collaborated with other clinics and medical secretaries to prepare patients’ charts two days prior to their appointments.
• Actively executed strategies to reorganize a large volume of patient records to efficiently accommodate space for new patient charts.
• Meticulously sorted loose reports and charts according to terminal digit, and alphabetically order.
• Utilized WinRecs, Epic, and Microsoft Excel with high efficacy to manage patient appointments and records.
Turley Lab - Lawson Health Research Institute, London, ON Sep 2018 - Apr 2019 Research Volunteer
• Completed histology quantification with a strong background of mouse histology and by using an analysis software—QuPath.
• Updated lab notebooks regularly to keep track of progress.
• Restocked lab supplies and prepared necessary acids and buffers regularly.
• Skills gained: murine histology quantification, gel electrophoresis, and immunohistochemistry with DAB. Dr. Frank Yau - Family Physician’s Office, Toronto, ON 2014 - 2019 Receptionist
• Communicated with other physicians’ offices and pharmacies via fax and telephone to ensure that referrals and prescriptions were placed in a timely manner.
• Organized reports for more than 50 patients daily by chronological order and source.
• Updated medical and office inventory weekly to minimize excess and expired supplies.
• Helped non-English speaking patients with translations of procedural instructions to decrease the number of missed appointments.
• Implemented a more efficient referral form filing system to minimize the volume of loose papers. Escar Entertainment, Toronto, ON Summer of 2016 - 2018 Supervisor
• Updated inventories and daily revenues to the company to evaluate sales and plan for the following day.
• Managed a team of 10 workers by drafting work schedules that accommodated the team members’ personal needs and abilities.
• Responded to customer complaints and inquiries in a friendly and efficient manner. CO-CURRICULAR AND COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENTS
Science Student Council – Student Support Committee, UWO, London, ON 2019 - Present Events Director
• Plans and executes Wellness Wednesday events to promote mental and physical wellness in the science student community.
• Initiates outreach to local businesses for sponsorship opportunities to significantly increase the quality of the event while staying on budget.
• Communicates with conference and catering services in a timely manner to reserve event venues and refreshments well before the date of the event.
Humans of Western, UWO, London, ON 2019 – Present
• Interacts with the students, staff, and faculty of Western University to share their unique stories on the Humans of Western social media platforms.
• Collaborates with photographer partner to plan out meetings and to curate posts to be shared on social media.
• Meets and always go beyond the minimum weekly quota of interviews three days in advance of the due date.
Children’s Health Foundation, LHSC, London, ON 2019 – Present Volunteer
• Volunteers as a guide for the Dr. Beary Goode program of the hospital and interacts with children and their families in a fun and friendly manner.
• Is attentive to hospital visit rules and never hesitates to ask nurses for help when interacting with children to ensure health safety for everyone present.
• Is always sensitive to the needs of children and their families by being cautious of the language spoken and the actions performed.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Steve and Sally Stavro Family Foundation Scholarship - $1500 2018
• Awarded for the highest achieving student pursuing science at Riverdale C.I. Chemistry Subject Award – Riverdale C.I. 2017 - 2018 Academic High Honour Roll – Riverdale C.I. 2014 - 2018
• Awarded for achieving over an average of 90 % per academic year. Chemistry Scholars Distinction – University of Toronto 2017
• Recognition for students with the highest grade 11 chemistry average from the TDSB.