Scrum & Prince2 Certified Project management expert with 9+ years of experience in project planning, feasibility studies, financial management and modeling, team leadership and business market analysis. Led a power plant development project with a total 500MW on completion and served as a project associate on two other 500MW plants on the company's portfolio valued at over $1 billion. Relevant Skills: Large Scale project implementation, Strategic planning, Business analysis, Management consulting, Research and development, Team management, Scrum Master, and Business prospecting. PROJECT MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Senior Project Manager 11/2019 – 03/2020
TSL Logistics Limited.
Project 1: Business Analyst/Team Lead on the Optima Implementation: This project was the development, testing and implementation of an inhouse software solution for tracking trucks and monitoring their contents in real time.
● Key Achievement: Developed a new Gas Strategy to expand the company's portfolio from being too reliant on Petroleum Products. Led the transaction on the purchase of a $9.8m asset that generates $400,000 per quarter.
● Planned investment procurement strategies to achieve the company's objectives of securing $10m in quarterly investments.
● Engaged in project risk assessment and reviews of new investment opportunities to improve the company’s profitability.
● Consolidated and prioritized opportunities across the portfolio to develop quarterly updates and guidance to the executive leadership team.
● Explored prospective business opportunities while maintaining effective relationships with current clients.
● Led organizational reviews, strategy development, and project implementation through stand-up meetings.
Project Manager 07/2013 – 10/2019
Proton Energy Limited.
Project 1: Senior Project Manager on the Oceanview Estate Power Initiative. This Project involved the scoping, development, Installation, commissioning & handover of an 8MW Power Unit for a major housing estate of 500 houses. Project 2: Team Lead on the Metering Project. This project was to transition residents of an estate from a manual metering system to an automated billing and Metering System using new technological software.
● Oversaw the scope, budget, and schedule for a 500MW power plant in Sapele valued at $260m. Achieved financial close on 150MW, Phase One of the project.
● Secured funding for the 150MW power plant project from the World Bank and the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC).
● Organized & Adjudicated an International RFP to select the EPC Contractors.
● Led the Internal Controls team in the procurement of all the License & Permits.
● Fostered relationships with clients, partners, advisors, potential investors to ensure improved project delivery.
● Created status reports, project reports & presentations to present to both Management & clients.
● Drafted in-depth analyses of policies, market, regulatory and technical trends in the energy sector to develop contingency and risk mitigation work plans.
● Developed and managed annual and project-specific budgets to maintain financial targets.
Project Manager 10/2012 – 06/2013
● Developed 4 feasibility studies that were used to initiate projects in areas that suffered Oil Spill Damage.
● Established compliance protocols to ensure the team followed established standards for project completion.
● Utilized innovative strategies to overcome unique operational challenges such as ethical conduct & ineffective communication.
● Collaborated with managers to address diverse problems and improve team performance and efficiency.
Master of Science: Oil and Gas Management September 2012 Coventry University, Coventry, England
Bachelor of Science: Geography July 2009
University of Ilorin, Ilorin, Nigeria
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND AFFILIATIONS
● Project Management Professional (PMP) – August 2020 projected
● Certified Scrum Master February 2020
● Prince2 Project Management June 2012
● Institute of Management Consultants October 2019
● Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE) January 2012