Joe Arnold Lamar Craig
firstname.lastname@example.org 979-***-**** www.linkedin.com/in/joearnoldlamarcraig Project Management, Continuous Improvement, Process Engineering Career Summary
Currently a mechanical construction engineer for Zachry Group overseeing the world’s largest PO/TBA plant in Channelview, TX for Lyondellbasell. Previously located in Freeport, TX, I oversaw a $14+ billion project and successfully led and executed project and sub-project objectives by upgrading scope, schedule, cost and material to maximize productivity. Responsibilities included delegating tasks which generated advancements from the pipe to mechanical department, and utilizing my expertise in lean six sigma, project scope management, analytical problem-solving and cost management. As my career continues the position desired is one that will fortify knowledge in lean continuous improvement, project management and process engineering.
Zachry Group Freeport, Texas March 2018 - April 2020 Construction Engineer
Collaborates with operational and technical craft subject matters experts regarding drawings, data analysis, project reporting, 4D-modeling system and engagement with design engineers
Determines cost and duration needed for the given task with available resources inside scope using Lean supply chain methods for best possible material allocation.
Connects with the procurement and material management team to assure that the requirements of critical material items are being fulfilled and material requisitions are being completed
Performs material take-offs, quantification and monitoring variations from budgeted quantities.
Development of installation work packages (IWP’s) to be issued for construction activities and used to navigate through all required steps of each construction process.
Consistently meets milestones by the following tactics:
• Manage project by implementation of progress, schedule changes, budget and scope modifications all to reflect most accurate project position in life cycle
• Leads mechanical department in collection of data to assess the process reliability based on probabilistic behaviors recorded from historical data.
• Identifies critical requirements to discover problems early in life cycle to minimize associated cost, schedule, and performance setbacks.
• Publishing problem statements or (RFI’s/FQ’s) to identify problems and initiate process of documented solution to start development effort. Concurrently collaborating with client, vendors, and design team for best solution to meet site expectations
• Evaluate information to ensure compliance with up-to-date contract requirements
• Negotiate change orders by managing information on changes in work, preparing independent analysis as needed and obtaining + checking estimates for changes National Agents Alliance (NAA) San Marcos, Texas August 2016 – March 2018 Licensed Life Agent of Texas (Regional Sales Manager)
Assisted forty individuals and families receive over $2M of coverage through mortgage protection, final expense, annuity and Indexed Universal Life (IUL) products
Interviewed, hired and trained new life agents to sell and teach others about providing life-planning and financial management products to individuals and families H-E-B San Marcos, Texas January 2017 – May 2017
Senior Design Capstone Project Manager
Implemented lean principles to improve overall throughput and productivity by 50% in HEB’s largest distribution warehouse by synchronizing the cycle times to reduce static inventory in the loading dock areas, which resulted in optimized process flow
Increased inventory optimization in the loading dock area by reducing static inventory by 65% Leadership
Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers (IISE) Vice President (2016-2018); Secretary (2015-2016)
Increased originations sponsorships by 700% so more members could have access to lowering the total cost of the Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Green Belt certification courses we hosted for 45 members and 8 officers.
Coordinated record-setting fundraisers, including breaking record for the most merchandise sold Pi Kappa Phi Philanthropy: The Ability Experience Certifications + Achievements
Engineering Project Management: by Rice University 2019
Certificate of Management - Lean Construction (CM-Lean) 2019
Lean Manufacturing Green Belt 2017
Six Sigma Green Belt 2016