Juan Eduardo De Luna
Oakham, MA 01068
Profile Experienced international operations, sales, and marketing professional with a solid history of achieving strategic goals, cultivating relationships, and identifying change required to increase efficiency and profitability in a manner that professionally promotes employer’s interests.
Fluent in English and Spanish.
Employment Reliable Technologies LLC. Virtual Application Chief Financial Officer
• Responsible for managing the company's finances, such as: assets, liabilities, and equity allocations
• Responsible for Profit and Loss Statements, Balance Sheets, Statement of Cash Flows, and Pro-Formas
• Responsible for financial planning, direction, and future of the company.
• Management of financial risks and record-keeping
• Responsible for acquiring angel investors for capital injections for expansion on growth, while dictating ROI and OE to its counterparts
• Financial reporting, payroll, and reporting to investment team on a quarterly basis
• File of all tax forms and legal representation, business licensing, workman’s comp., insurance, real estate lease and agreements.
Adjunct Faculty/Chef Instructor
Culinary Institute Le Notre
July 2015 - May 2018
Taught and Instructed Alumni and Current students on the following subjects:
• Nutrition for the Culinary Professional
• Sanitation and Safety
• Sanitation Proctor
• Information Technology, and POS Information Systems
• Computer Applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
• Housekeeping in the Hospitality Industry
• Beverage Management
• Hotel Operations
• Financial Management for the Hospitality Industry
• Purchasing, Selection, and Procurement for the Hospitality Industry
• Food and Beverage Cost Controls
• Menu Management and Costing
• Human Resources
• Hospitality Facilities Management and Design
American Cruise Lines
Jan 2013 – Jan 2014
• Responsible for successfully managing and selling the shipboard Hotel and F&B Department.
• Coordinating stewards station bill and safety training with Captain and Mate.
• Follow and train to the Customer Interaction Model, and Customer Service Standards.
• Responsible for boarding process of crew members and passengers.
• Ensure the proper customer satisfaction, keeping ship clean, and employee grooming.
• Responsible for all meals, dietary requirements, and proper service standards while on vessel.
• Trained and managed over 50 staff and managers.
• Ensured appropriate customer satisfaction with tours and on board entertainment.
• Monitor food and beverage inventory & quality control.
• Manage, supervise, and evaluate passenger shore excursions, study leaders, guest speakers, on board activities to ACL standards.
• Manage, coach, and evaluate Assistant Hotel Manager, Housekeeping Manager, Food Service Manager, Cruise Director, Mate and Captain.
• Train new officers and crew members, conduct ongoing, and recurrent training
• Re-book or sale at least 30% of the guests each week.
• Report and manage expenses and account for internal tracking and profitability. Houseman Manager/Outlet Supervisor
Starwood Corporation – Westin Memorial City
Starwood Corporation – Westin Galleria & Westin
July 2010- April 2012
May 2006 – May 2007
• Managed a team of 15-30 direct reports and coordinated their day to day responsibilities.
• Mentor employees through various development and personal growth training programs while integrating the company’s code of values and ethics.
• Led training efforts for new employees on service standards and up selling procedures.
• Ensured quality customer satisfaction, effective communication, and star employee performance throughout employee’s daily transitional work activities. Assistant Banquet Manager
Marriott Hotels and Resorts
May 2007 –Jul 2010
Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands
• Monitored all revenue management while maintaining cost controls, labor budgets and accurate invoicing.
• Performed profitability and ratio analysis in order to correctly manage and reduce inventory costs.
• Supervised employees during hotel special events to ensure clientele privacy, security, and overall customer satisfaction.
• Designed event layouts, including, but not limited to, blueprint interpretation and vendor purchasing according to design specifications.
Carl’s Junior Restaurant
Jun 1998 – May 2003
• Incorporated profitability analysis and inventory turnover ratios into existing revenue management system in order to increase warehouse and overall company efficiency.
• Approved all warehouse purchases and equipment service requisitions while maintaining quality assurance and cost controls.
• Distributed marketing materials, restaurant machinery, and edible goods to neighboring franchises.
• Configured and installed Point of Sale Systems pertaining to the Fast Food Industry such as Aloha, Positouch, Micros and Scan A Bar.
• Organized and trained installation teams on sanitation and safety procedures according to OSHA standards.
Education DeVry University (Keller Graduate School of Management) – Houston, TX Masters of Business Administration & Masters Certificate of Entrepreneurship Specialization: Finance, Project Management
Jan 2010 – Feb 2013
University of Houston (Conrad Hilton College) – Houston, TX Bachelors of Hotel and Restaurant Management
Specialization: Revenue Management
Sept 2003 – May 2007
Dual program in conjunction
Johnson and Wales University - Providence, RI
Texas State Technical College – Harlingen, TX
Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts
Specialization: Cost Controls
Sept 2000- May 2002
Affiliations Honors – Treasurer TRACC 2005-2007 (University of Houston Cougar Chapter) Member of NACE 2005-2007 (Volunteered Houston Rodeo 2006) – Club Marketing Member of HFTP 2004-4007 (Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals) ServSafe Proctor 2014-Present (Culinary Institute Le Notre) Software
Skills Windows 7, Windows 360, Microsoft Office Professional, VMware workstation, Linux-Ubuntu, MAC OS, Delphi, Aloha, Posy Touch, Business Intelligence. REFERENCES:
Available Upon Request along with Letters of Recommendation