GLORY THEBORAL JOHN JOSEPH
Linked In www.linkedin.com/in/glory-theboral-john-54b185132 Address: No.160 A.M compound, Gandhi road, Velachery, Chennai-600042 EDUCATION
2014 - 2018 B. Tech in Genetic Engineering
Institution : Prist University, Tamilnadu, India (8.56/10.00) Core Courses : Biochemistry, Molecular biology, Bioinformatics, Human genetics. Thesis : Gene expression analysis of EGFR and PI3K genes in A549 lung cancer cell line treated with Withania somnifera root extract. 2012 - 2014 High School
Institution : Kendriya Vidyalaya IIT, Madras, TN, India (75.8%) Core Courses : Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics PUBLICATIONS
2020 Title : Research paper titled “Gene expression analysis of EGFR and PI3K genes in A549 lung cancer cell line treated with Withania somnifera root extract”. Journal : Research Journal of Biotechnology
Reference : Krishna Battula Vamsi1,Theboral J. Glory1, Tilton Florida2, Nair Aneesh2, LoganathanRekha2 and Pratheep Thangaraj1* RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
01/2019- Present Junior research fellow-Lifeteck Research Centre, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
• Recruited for a full-time position following the completion of Bachelor’s
• To perform molecular techniques and animal tissue culture.
• Developed, analyzed and troubleshooted experimental data and documented findings RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
2018 Undergraduate research: “Gene expression analysis of EGFR and PI3K genes in lung cancer cell line treated with Withania somnifera root extract”.
• Performed isolation techniques to extract pure DNA and RNA for RT-PCR.
• Treated the A549 NSCLC cell line with drug extracted from Withaniasomnifera
• The gene expression studies proved that the PI3K gene was down regulated post the treatment.
Techniques : RNA and DNA isolation, Southern and Western blotting, PCR- QPCR, RT-PCR, RFLP, RAPD, SDS-PAGE, Chromatography (Adsorption, gel filtration, ion exchange, TLC), Immunology.
Microscopy : Inverted, Compound, Fluorescence
Animal tissue culture: Maintenance, sub culturing, Cryo-preservation and assays. Analysis : Flow cytometry result analysis, HPLC analysis Proficient : BLAST, FASTA, Auto-DOCK, CLUSTAL W, CORAL DRAW, image J, MS office. Limited-proficiency : R, R studio, MATLAB, Perl-programming, scaffold hunter. WORKSHOP INSTRUCTOR EXPERIENCE:
2019 Hands on workshop on animal tissue culture-
• Apollo Arts and Science College- Chennai
• Conducted sessions on basic handling and techniques 2020 Hands on workshop in molecular techniques
• Justice Syed Basheer Ahmed College of Arts and Science- Chennai
• Conducted workshop on molecular techniques SDS-PAGE, PCR, UV spectrophotometry
SCIENCE- RELATED VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
2018 Recent trends in Biosciences
• Enlisted as a techno-managerial volunteer in the national summit on Recent trends in Biosciences
• Worked with the organizing team to sort out posters and paper presentations 2020 Prowess: A Two-day National Workshop on Animal Tissue Culture
• Organizing committee and trainer
• Oncogenomics - Using genetic tools for prognosis and diagnosis of subtypes in cancer
• Immuno-genetics - Using genetically modified immune cells to tackle genetic disorders.e.g. T-car cells for cancer remission.
• Precision medicine- tailoring of drugs according to the genetic make-up of a person TRAININGS AND WORKSHOPS
2018 Introduction to QPCR-theory and practice
• Learned to perform real- time PCR technique.
• Investigated a set of given samples by performing QPCR.
• Proceeded to draw results from the output obtained using software. 2017 RNA Sequence analysis’
• Performed analysis of RNA sequence results using R and R studio softwares. 2016 Computational analysis of molecular data
• Analyzed data obtained from various bio molecular experiments
• Screened ligands to find possible hits and scrutinized the results obtained.
• Modified molecule’s central core structure and active site for drug binding.
• Analyzed regulatory networks using MATLAB.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
2017 Symposium : Personalized Medicine, IIT Madras, India 2019
: Secured 2nd place and received a cash award of INR 5000
: Global Biotech council - super bugs and GMO, IIT Madras, India Reward : Secured first position and received cash award of INR 1000 CONFERENCES AND PRESENTATIONS
May 2018 Gene expression analysis of EGFR and PI3K genes in A549 lung cancer cell line treated with Withania somnifera root extract’ - A paper presented at national conference on recent trends in engineering and technology. Feb 2017 Targeted Drug Delivery using Protein Nano-particles - A presentation at national level seminar on nanotechnology in biological research: prospects and challenges held at Thevannai Ammal College of Women.
Sep 2014 Production of adult kidneys using fetal kidneys-mouse models - A paper presented at a national conference held VEL TECH institute of technology. ACADEMIC AND CO-CURRICULAR COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
2015 - 2018 Vice-president - Student council organized fests, selected various committees and members for the council.
2015 - 2016 Class representative - Represented my class at student council. 2012 – 2014 Sports captain - Led my house at school level tournaments 2014 – 2017 Team captain - Led KHO-KHO and kabaddi team to university level LANGUAGES
• Fluent in English, Tamil, Hindi.
• English proficiency – IELTS score -7.5/9.0
• Dr. Pratheep Tangaraj, Head of the Department, Department of Biotechnology, PRIST University, India (Thesis supervisor)
• Dr. I. Seetha Lakshmi, Director and Founder, Life Teck Research Center, India. (Employer reference)