WILLIAM F. ROBISON CV
Broadcast and Technology Consultant
310-***-**** email@example.com / empirerobison.com
Complete Production Education Resume (5 Pages):
# # #
RAMS/CHARGER STADIUM, Los Angeles:
Project Manager for Television Integration
Independent Contractor: 2019 — Present
Major construction of new Los Angeles Stadium; Oversee integration of video & audio.
COASTAL MEDIA GROUP
HD Production and Satellite Transmission
Independent Contractor: 2004 - 2019
Director of Engineering
Five HD production and Satellite transmission trucks & two broadcast insert studios.
Responsible for all engineering, planning, construction, and the day-to-day operations, training and maintenance. Oversee a crew of 10
Los Angeles — Black Eyed Peas
Kuwait — Operation My Space Concert to honor military troops
Los Angeles — Michael Jackson Memorial Concert
Las Vegas — Britney Spears Tour
Kansas City — Garth Brooks Tour
Oscars, Emmys, Grammys, Independent Spirit Awards
Fires, Floods, Earthquakes
World Cup Soccer — South Africa
LA Dodgers — Pre-Season Spring Training
Rose Parade (multiple years)
NUMEROUS IN-HOUSE STUDIO PRODUCTIONS
NATIONAL MOBIL TELEVISION, Inc
Remote Broadcast Television: 2002 -2004
Engineer in Charge
53’ broadcast television production trucks (High Definition, Digital).
Responsibilities for each remote television production:
• All operations and maintenance of equipment.
• To act as the primary interface with producers and directors during production.
• Complete authority over the production vehicle — providing necessary engineering guidance for the crew, from set-up to strike.
WORLD STREAMING NETWORK, Inc.
Broadband Television Production & Technologies: 1999-2002
Vice President of Production
• Developed the strategic plan for three countries for Internet Streaming Video Network Services including … signal acquisition, encoding, streaming, content syndication, as well as design & install the streaming video hardware for live events.
• Equipment design and implementation for Remote Broadcast Television, Signal acquisition, Live Web Casting Production, Video on Demand operation — and construction of Master Control systems worldwide.
• Created & managed a $3.25 Million budget along with all personnel (33).
KTTV, Channel 11, Los Angeles: 1976 - 1999
REMOTE BROADCAST TELEVISION SUPERVISOR (12 years)
Responsible for overseeing all field television productions: Satellite, microwave and
helicopter operations including crews, and field repairs to the component level. Operation and
maintenance of a militia camera production unites and satellite transmission trucks.
Supervising nine news camera / micro-vans with editing and crews.
All the following assignments were accomplished while at Fox Television (originally, Metromedia):
Television Key Assignments as Remote Supervisor
• Breaking news, assorted fires, floods, riots, and entertainment remotes for 18 yrs.
• Academy Awards, Emmy Awards, Golden Globe Awards (19 yrs.)
• Republican & Democratic National Conventions (three each):
Design and construction of remote television center w/ five edit bays
for Fox affiliates and crews.
• O.J. Simpson Trial & Rodney King Trial
Satellite truck / four cameras two edit bays,
5 remote camera crews. 4000 uplinks w/ crew of 19.
• San Francisco 1989 and Los Angeles 1993 earthquakes, worldwide uplinks.
• Pasadena Rose Parade 13 cameras, blimp, helicopter and crew of 35 ( 5 yrs.)
• Dodger’s Baseball – 4 seasons (7 cameras, crew of 17).
• "Comic Strip Live" from Hollywood weekly - 3 years.
• Los Angeles’ PM Magazine
Designed, supervised, operated new remote truck as EIC/editor for Metromedia.
TECHNICAL OPERATIONS MANAGER
Coordinated the television crew and equipment for Norman Lear Productions:
7 shows 5 stages 26 weeks. (Metromedia)
The new Truth or Consequences:
30 shows of high action remotes.
Daily one hour News show (15 yrs.)**
Hollywood Bowl Easter Sunrise Service (7 yrs.)
Rose Parade (4 yrs.).
Remote Productions: Commercial/Sports/Las Vegas game shows/Los Angeles Dodger games
Awards at Fox / Metromedia
Emmy Awards (3) for KTTV’s outstanding production on news events
Golden Mike Award for Editing 1993 Burlington fire news story.
Dupont / Columbia Award & Peabody Award for Rodney King coverage.
ABC; Las Vegas, Nevada: 1970 - 1974
Additional Positions: Commercial Director, Cameraman, Editor, Photographer.
Remote Television Companies — Freelance
Video, Inc. Las Vegas, Inc., Nevada:
CEO / President — 4 years.
Full service remote television production company with a multi-camera production truck.
Video On Location, Los Angeles: Owner/President — 4 years
Designed built and operated remote television production truck w/ multi-camera / edit.
KEY ASSIGNMENTS – REMOTE PRODUCTIONS
Director — Television / Multi-Camera
• College Football/Basketball (3 yrs.)
• Syndicated weekly Boxing (3 yrs.)
• Daily hour news show (4 yrs. ABC)
• Easter Seals Telethon (4 yrs. Las Vegas)
• PBS - Regional Theater taping
• Las Vegas Celebrity Talk Show (4yrs.)
• Cooking with Helen Estrada (4yrs.) • Movie Talk - show pilot
Director of Photography/Editor — TAPE
• "Terminal Velocity"
Action/Adventure. Foreign distribution. Shot in 32 days.
• "Beverly Sasson"
Health/beauty 10 (one-hr.) series. World-wide distribution.
• "Mark Cresse’s School of Baseball"
Eight 2 hr. training tapes. World-wide sales.
• "Senior Olympics"
Syndicated 2 hr. show - 200 stations (3 yrs.).
• "Documentary on Costa Rica"
Produced for Costa Rica Travel Bureau.
• "ARCO’s U.S Mayors Conference"
Five days live satellite feed – 5 cameras.
• "Baja Sailboat Charter"
Sail Boating adventure through out Baja California.
• “The Easter Pageant Play"
On Location in Hawaii.
• "International Financial Leaders"
Taped in various countries, 63 (15min.) shows - aired on financial networks.
Director of Photography / Editor — FILM
• "Solo By Sundown"
Documentary on a private pilot. Specializing in air to air footage.
• "Fly Mexico"
Travel films (3—1 hr.) for Hughes AirWest.
• "Below Puerto Vallarta"
Underwater travel dive film (1 hr.)
• “Nevada Test Site"
Regional documentary produced for ABC.
• "Gold mining in Nevada"
Regional documentary produced for ABC.
• "Mercury Space Capsule Re-Entry Testing"
Two year project for the U.S. Navy including research, development & use of high-speed motion picture technology: 16 mm, 35 mm & 70mm.
REGIONAL & NATIONAL COMMERCIALS
Awards: Two CLEO Awards for
clients: Buick and Woolco/Woolworth
Commercial, aerial, underwater, architectural, wildlife, nature, editorial and magazine.
Still and motion.
Education: El Camino College (2 yr. degree)
US Navy School of Photography and Aerial Reconnaissance (equivalent of Bachelor’s Degree)
Don Martin School of Television Engineering/Production – Degree.u:
Experience in the areas in filming, documentary producing and editing.
Experienced videographer with an eye for storytelling and capturing moments in time.
Advance experience with camera operations and familiarity with cameras, audio equipment, image stabilization methods, etc. in field applications.
Available to work full time (with periodic work outside regular business hours, as dictated by mission activity schedules).
Proficient in key Adobe Creative Cloud applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro) and/or similar design and non-linear editing applications
Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Punctual, detail oriented, resourceful and a self-motivated individual.
A self-starter with the ability to work independently and apply judgment in planning, prioritizing, and completing tasks.
Ability to work in a collaborative team environment.