Will Be In Dubai As Soon As The Lockdown Is Over
Name: Ashraf G. M. Hussein
Address: Al Rolla Road – Dubai – United Arab Emirates
Whats App +971-**-**-**-***
Date of Birth: 23rd November 1971
Nationality: Egyptian / British
E. Mail: email@example.com
SUMMARY OF EXCELLENCE:
4 years in Retail, Sales, Marketing, Import & Export Businesses encompassing all aspects of
Client liaison from walk-in, online, mail orders to department stores' and
bulk orders. As a Director and Senior Sales Executive, I was in charge of the entire Company with its two premises, the Piccadilly store, and the flagship store in Regent Street (London – UK).
12 years in the Tourism, Travel, Airlines and Hospitality Businesses including all aspects of
Passenger liaison from computerized ticketing, selling, marketing,
and organizing personalized itineraries. Airport procedures front office
and airside departure control ensuring all legal requirements are adhered to. System co-ordination. Control of agency office responsible for a staff of 12 members and the profitability of the branch
(Cairo – Egypt).
PERSONAL PROFILE: A highly professional attitude towards business. A self-motivator of others. Able to deal with people at all levels extrovert personality with
a good and competent manner.
OBJECTIVE: I am seeking a challenging job, where I can use my experience of almost 16 years,
I would like to state my managerial and good communication skills to implement exceptional customer service. Pursuing to use my knowledge, competence, abilities, and expertise to develop and maintain a unique reputation of the establishment, and provide superb experience to guests and customers.
1977 - 1989 Nasr City Ideal Schools - Cairo
High School Graduation in 10 subjects.
1990 - 1994 The American University in Cairo
Graduated with a Diploma in Travel & Tourism Management.
1997 - 1999 The Italian Consulate - Leonardo da Vinci Institute in Cairo
A 2-year course in the Italian language.
2015 The American University in Cairo
A 5-week course in ICDL.
2020 Ain Sham University - Faculty of Arts
Department of Tour Guiding.
LANGUAGES: Arabic (native), English, Italian, some Spanish, and French.
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Suite.
Airlines: Galileo – Sabre – Amadeus.
Hotels: Micros – Fidelio.
1995 AMERICAN AIRLINES
A work experience position offered for one year. A Ticketing Agent;
carrying out airline reservations, hotel bookings, car rentals, selling
flight tickets, and dealing with all customer requirements including public relations. This post was purely a trainee position and unpaid.
1996 KLM ROYAL DUTCH AIRLINES
Traffic Officer and Customer Service Agent; at Cairo Airport rose from trainee
to Senior Officer in 7 months, normally achieved in 18 months.
Handling passenger and luggage tallies organizing fuel loads liaising with aircraft crew and ensuring all procedures and regulations for aircraft departure were in place to enable safe release of the flight.
Reason for leaving Career advancement was very limited and I was offered an opportunity
to develop my skills with a large multi-national hotel chain.
1997 – 1998 RAMSIS HILTON HOTEL
Group Coordinator; greeting large tour groups. Liaising with the tour leaders arranging the room rotas and check-in. Organizing tours, restaurants,
and entertainment. Dealing with all the guest requirements during the stay.
I was also acting as an Executive Secretary to the Front Office Manager.
During this period I studied the Italian language course mentioned above after
Reason for leaving Offered a career advancement with another multi-national hotel chain.
1999 – 2004 RITZ CARLTON
I was invited to join Raja Travel - Ritz Carlton Travel as a Tour Operator and an Executive Secretary to the Chief Executive Officer; I was responsible for all his travel arrangements and his Italian visitors.
Based at Giza escorting sightseeing tours and collecting and servicing VIP customers from Cairo Airport as the Companies representative handling and
facilitating all our clients’ needs. Creating itineraries, tailoring tour packages, handling all transport, and any requirements wanted for all the incoming and
Was asked to set up and become the General Manager of the Travel Agency at
the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Sharm El_Sheikh, the only 7-star hotel in Egypt at that
I was in charge of the everyday financial management of the existing
business and its clients, development of new clients, and strategies including overall control of the 8 staff. With the responsibility to create a profitable business.
Due to the great volume of Italian guests, I was assigned as an Assistant Guest Relations Agent, in order to serve the hotel’s guests, as Italian is my second language.
Setting up the Company's agencies was to be my continued role based in Cairo
and sent as and where they needed me.
Reason for leaving Due to government policy and a change in regulations, the Ritz Carlton Group decided to run down their operations in Cairo and expand in Sharm El_Sheikh
(South Sinai). I did not wish to permanently relocate to this area.
2004 - 2007 ASTRA TRAVEL AGENCY
Senior Tour Operator; supervising two Shift Managers in control of 4 teams handling airport security both airside and front office. Controlling the teams,
giving out work schedules, itineraries, making hotel reservations, group bookings, handing hotel vouchers, and EMDs, ensuring that all rescheduling, reissuing tickets, limousine provision, VIP Lounge access for the multinational customers ran smoothly. This required public relations liaison with representatives of mainly international companies such as British Gas - Coca Cola - Procter & Gamble – HSBC - Citibank - Barclays – Siemens - Nokia and Alcatel.
Reason for leaving My Fiancé and I agreed we wished to be together either there in London or in Cairo. I felt it would be easier for me there in London rather than the difficult
cultural change for her in Egypt. I decided it was an opportunity to try a change,
as the only advancement left for me in the tourism industry in Cairo was to open
an agency of my own.
2008 - 2012 Campo Marzio (London – UK)
Briefly, an Italian Multinational Company with more than 60 branches worldwide, trades in luxurious writing instrument, stationery and genuine leather goods
products based in Rome.
As a Director and Senior Sales Executive, I was in charge of liaising in finding the right location for the store with the adequate footfall, negotiating the lease with the Real Estate agency and the Landlord, the first premises in Piccadilly at the bottom of Old Bond Street, including an office and a warehouse), contracts, conditions, the rent and the rent deposit, insurance, Company forms, and registration, then the entire setup process concluded by launching.
The exact scenario from A to Z was implemented with the flagship store in
Regent Street but on a vast scale.
In addition, to maintaining the permanent corner inside the legendary Oxford
street's high-end department store “John Lewis”.
Complete Setup process:
I was responsible for obtaining and carrying out all the work, signage licenses,
electrical permissions from the scratch; Westminster Council, liaising, hiring the store fitters, paint and painters, air conditions’ supplier and fitters, store window reinstate, flooring, piping, insurance Company [ADT, alarms, doors, various sensors, and detectors, fixed & wireless panels, fobs, Dual COM/Red Care, CCTV cameras and URN], Telecommunication contracts, PDQs contracts, Tax- Free suppliers, purchasing and maintaining all electrical appliances and computers, laptops, monitors, printers, CCTV, wiring, routers, static IPs and symmetric loop services, etc
Receiving the readymade furniture, cabinets, and lighting from the Company's headquarter in Italy.
As the acting Director of the Company my operational duties for running the
- Bookkeeping, bills, invoices, daily takings, monthly sold items, and conducting statements of account - Generate monthly sales lists containing Profit & Loss.
- Dealing with banks, setting standard orders, direct debits, international wires, negotiating overdraft facilities, PDQ rates, and Tax-Free forms.
- Dealing with common errors and problems in both Soft and Hardware.
- Supervising the stores' windows, display, and visualization.
- Covering for stores’ floors, running the stores’ rotas, and discussing staff
- Carrying out advertisements, interviewing, and recruiting new staff.
- Dealing with shipping Companies, i.e. TNT, DHL, Federal Express; receiving the goods from Rome and the Far East, checking the quality, quantities,
colors, and Items according to packing lists.
- Running inventories across the two premises and the warehouse.
- Staff registration (forms and work contracts/permits for Non-British citizens, salaries/wages, payslips, and Inland Revenue.
- Issuing VAT invoices for sold goods (Individuals, corporate and Bulk orders).
- Customer Service, complaints, exchanges/ refunds, domestic and international mail orders.
- Quarterly Companies' tax return, HM Revenue, and value-added taxes.
- Booking, arranging, and attending different events and exhibitions i.e. Birmingham NEC, The London’s Prestigious Chelsea Italian Bazaar ''Il Circolo'', Museum Exhibition in Paris ''Porte de Versailles'', Westbury hotel exhibition, and St. Paul Schools in London, etc.
- Attending the Annual Directors meeting in Rome, in 2008,2009,2010,2011.
I acted as a Chairman as well, on the Company's meetings.
- PR Shooting for various magazines, i.e. Vogue, Vanity Fair, House & Garden, Homes & Gardens, etc.
- Managing Companies' expenses and sundries.
- Enduring that Company is following the Westminster schemes, i.e. street
decorations, windows’ paint, and different recycling processes, etc.
* Some of the above tasks were carried out with the help of my staff.
Reason for leaving Unfortunately, we had some sort of misunderstanding then we split up.
Studied subjects and obtained GPA
Subject Score Out Grade
01. Airline Reservations 84 B
02. Ticketing 85 B
03. Ticketing II 89 B+
04. Computerized Reservations 98 A+
05. Computerized Ticketing I 100 A+
06. Airline Operations & Regulations 100 A+
07. Airport Facilities & Regulations 100 A+
08. Travel Agency Accounting 100 A+
09. Tour Arrangements 100 A+
10. Tour Leadership 100 A+
11. Basic Communication Skills 100 A+
12. Tourism Salesmanship & Marketing 85 B
13. English for Travel & Tourism Industry 93 A-
14. Office Operations 92 A-
15. Egyptian Monuments 89 B+
16. Convention Services 100 A+
17. Tourism Publicity 99 A+
18. Travel & Tourism Industry 85 B
19. Cargo & Customs 97 A+
20. World Travel ( Europe & Middle East) 79 C+
21. World Travel ( North & South America) 73 C-
22. World Travel ( Asia & Far East) 100 A+
* Grade Point Average (GPA): 3.72/4.00 = 93%