firstname.lastname@example.org; West Melbourne, Florida 32904; Cell number-908-***-****
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Diversified healthcare experience which includes over 10 years of direct patient care experience and more than 2 years of experience in Practice management.
• Self-directed team player with strong leadership qualities and the ability to motivate a team and to manage the daily operations of a Medical Practice.
• Accomplished data management skills (including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) with extensive knowledge of Electronic Medical Record Systems.
• Exceptional patient interaction and communication skills.
• Experience in APR-DRG's, MS-DRG's, CPT coding, ICD-10 codes,and HCCs. EDUCATION
The University of Central Florida, Orlando, Florida Master of Health Services Administration (MHSA) April 2020 Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences and Hospital, India Master of General Surgery (Residency) June 2012
Bachelor’s in Medicine and Surgery (MBBS/MD) Dec 2006 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Medical Scribe/ Clinical lead –
Physician Partners of America February 2019- January 2020
• Implemented a new flag system using Lean principles to make the provider aware of the next patient in the queue, leading to a decrease in wait time for the patients from 60 minutes to 15 minutes, which in turn lead to an increase in patient satisfaction rate to 5 stars.
• Assisted physicians in various interventional procedures.
• Evaluated and improved the protocol of patient callbacks regarding their queries within the same business day, which in turn improved the overall patient satisfaction rates.
• Assessed and improved the protocol for preauthorization of interventional,radiology procedures and medications.
• Assessed the patient’s notes thoroughly in the EMR to make sure all the clinical documentation was correct with correct ICD 10 codes.
Administrative Intern Rockledge Regional Medical Center September 2019 - Dec 2019
• Reworked and amended the manual to implement a standard protocol that has to be followed by the newly hired unit secretaries, which will in turn help in decreasing the time (around 2-3 days) and money spent on training the new hires.
• Assisted in Analyzing the data collected over a period of 3 months to identify and document the reasons for the lack of follow up with PCP post-hospital discharge.
• Assisted the Clinical Informatics Director in the training of hospital employees including nurses on how to increase the effective use of EMR and run various clinical reports.
• Analyzed and recommended new points to be added to the discharge planning pamphlet so the patient is aware of all the information they need at the time of discharge to avoid readmission to the hospital.
• Shadowed different departments throughout the 298-bed acute care hospital such as the Emergency Department, Volunteer Department, Informatics, and Education Department. Page 2
Clinical Care Lead- DOCCS Internal Medicine and Urgent Care May 2016 – July 26, 2018
• Collaborated with colleagues to improve billing practices and audited medical records to ensure correct coding compliance.
• Oversee Inventory and Purchases of Medical and Office Supplies.
• Directed the cross-training of personnel to effectively utilize employees as well as to build skill levels.
• Oversee the weekly schedules for the staff, which included Medical Assistants, Paramedics, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners.
• Implemented a new flag system using Lean principles to make the provider aware of the next patient in a queue, leading to the decrease in wait time (from 60 minutes to 10-15 minutes) for the patients, which in turn lead to an increase in patient satisfaction rates.
• Assisted in performing annual wellness visits, which increased the rating of the provider with the insurance companies and increased the revenue of the practice.
• Increased the revenue of the practice by around 5-7% by meeting the MACRA and HEDIS measures.
• Managed in house pharmacy and increased the revenue by 5 %. General Surgeon July 2009 – June 2013
• Worked with Dr. K S Mehta (MD, General Surgery) as a General Surgeon and managed own private practice.
• Worked as Resident in the Department of General Surgery RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
Research Assistant Volunteer
(Women’s Health Institute RUTGERS University – New Brunswick, NJ) June 2014 – Dec 2014
• Participated in patient meetings and documented patient information obtained into specific logbooks.
• Created a source document for one of the studies.
• Participated in team research projects and conducted individual research, including library research. PUBLICATIONS AND PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
Singh M, Mehta K S et al. Single-Incision Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy Using Conventional Laparoscopic Instruments and Comparison with Three-Port Cholecystectomy. INDIAN JOURNAL OF SURGERY. 2015, Dec; Vol 77(Supplement 2,): pp546-550.Cited in PubMed; PMID: doi:10.1007/s12262-0. Pub Status: Published. ORAL PRESENTATION
Bachmann G, Singh M. (October 2014). The Menopausal Athlete: Maximizing Human Performance. Oral Presentation presented at NAMS Annual Conference, Washington DC, USA. AWARDS
• Certificate of Outstanding Contribution to Women’s Health by Dept of Women’s Health, Rutgers University, January 2015.
• Certification for Paper Presentation on Single Incision Cholecystectomy using standard surgical instruments, Society of Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of India conference, J&K Chapter, India; April 2012.
• Registered Volunteer with Brevard Public Schools.