Certified Medical Assistant
San Antonio, TX
Reliable, adaptable, and professional Nationally Certified Medical Assistant seeking an atmosphere that is customer oriented, a clean environment, and shares a balance between duties. Experienced in leadership, customer service and communication. Passionate about patient education, patient triage, and giving the best healthcare that can be provided. Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Cardiac Medical Assistant
Baptist Heart Specialists - Jacksonville Beach, FL April 2017 to November 2019
I perform EKGs understand how to triage a patient, can interpret labs, have worked in the heart failure clinic. I know how to interpret most cardiac test results. But most importantly I know how to talk to patients especially those who are nervous or anxious. I work with one doctor in particular but when he is rounding at the hospital or out of the office. There are eight or so other providers I work with. Certified Medical Assistant (CMA)
RENAL ASSOCIATES - San Antonio, TX
January 2017 to March 2017
• Float for the company, I move to different locations throughout San Antonio assisting both the front office and back office as a triage nurse.
• E-clinical works is a system I have become very familiar with when assisting patients and putting in information for the doctors.
• Acumen is a system that I am also skilled with when looking up in hospital patients to page the physicians regarding a patient’s current state of health or things that are needed by other physicians while the patient is in the hospital.
• Lab Corp and Quest Diagnostics are lab companies that I use online to retrieve patient lab work or lab orders for the physicians to observe.
• Gained an overall knowledge of different Renal Diseases and other autoimmune diseases such as Lupus that affect the Kidneys, and diabetes that can depreciate the percentage of a patient’s kidney function.
• Interpret labs and covey abnormal lab value with a renal panel, metabolic panel, CBC, PTH intact and Protein/Creatinine ratio.
• Have been taught how to check for edema to the lower extremities, and what medications are normally prescribed to treat that condition.
• Learned different medications to treat hypertension, hyperkalemia, high cholesterol and patients who have received kidney transplants.
• Know how dialysis works and explain the process to a patient, and what a fistula/ vein mapping is. Cook/Prep
Whataburger - San Antonio, TX
October 2016 to January 2017
• Customer Service is number one priority, handled customer complaints, and corrected the situation.
• Duties were as followed, maintained proper methods of frying, and cooking always keeping OSHA health regulations in mind.
• Cooked and cleaned to the standards of the restaurant, burgers and fries. Kept raw food items away from fully cooked foods and maintained proper storage.
• Had a friendly smile and great attitude while talking to the customers and maintaining professionalism at all times.
Medical Assistant Extern Student
Kidney and Hypertension Specialists
August 2016 to November 2016
• Patient triage was what I did for every one of our members whether they were on dialysis or if they were there for blood work and an over view of their appointment. It consisted of taking vital signs such as blood pressure, heart rate, respiration, weight, height and temperature.
• Labs/phlebotomy was needed when the patient was there for Chronic Kidney Disease, Acute Renal Failure in some instances and or if they were hyperkalemia or hypoglycemic. I would draw their blood for a Complete Blood Count, a chemistry test we used for our I-Stat machine and a marbled top for Iron and Uric acid indicators. Hemoglobin tests were performed for our anemic patients and I assisted with iron infusions.
• Scribing with the doctor was fast paced and I was responsible for writing down the personal health information, as well as updating medications.
• Patient scheduling was done in the front of the office where I would call patients who had previously been in the hospital or need other follow up appointments with the doctors.
• Faxing and scanning patient medical records, Explanation of Benefits and other billing correspondents was necessary for the patient's documents and important for our knowledge of the insurance coverage's.
Employee Trainer/ Lead Hostess
April 2015 to September 2015
• Assisted the other employees with the computerized seating system which recorded the guests names on to increase the business of the establishment.
• Directed and resolved customer complaints so that the customer would have a positive experience and feel valued.
• Managed money for the company to increase the revenue of the restaurant's store and promote their products.
Employee Trainer/ Cashier
Chick Fil A
November 2013 to September 2014
• Facilitate employees and explain the tasks required for their position so they could be successful and transition smoothly.
• Multitask; communicate with the customer while preparing their meal, to ensure accuracy and overall satisfaction.
• Clean the vicinity in a proper and timely manner to maintain proper OSHA and health standards upon inspection.
Southern Careers Institute
High school or equivalent
Young Women's Leadership Academy High school
• microsoft office (10+ years)
• Communications (4 years)
• Patient Care (3 years)
• Website Design (3 years)
• Patient Education (3 years)
• Patient Scheduling (3 years)
• Fax (3 years)
• Filing (3 years)
• Labview (3 years)
• Pharmacology (3 years)
• Medical Records (3 years)
• Typing (10+ years)
• Phones (4 years)
• Customer Service Skills (5 years)
• EKG (3 years)
• Vital Signs (4 years)
• Injections (3 years)
• CPR Certified
• Microsoft Word
• Customer Service
Certifications and Licenses
Basic Life Support (BLS)
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
November 2019 to November 2021
Certified Medical Assistant
Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) Groups
Navy Military Spouse
December 2016 to Present
• Understanding the needs of patients and kind to them especially when they may be nervous or are anxious. I have alot of compassion towards my patients and will do anything I can to help them.
• E-clinical works
• Next Gen
• Medisoft Program
• Serner (Baptist hospital system)
• Electronic Health Records
• Medical Billing and Coding (iced 10 and cpt codes)
• Taking vital signs w/wo manual BP cuff
• Patient Scheduling
• Triage calls
• Home health care
• Patient assistance programs (medications)
• Scanning/faxing and filing
• Scribing HPI and Medications
• Interpreting Lab Values
• Patient Education (eg low sodium diet/ low fat diet decrease ETOH, decrease sugar, potassium etc.)
• Pharmacology = drug education
• Urine Analysis
• I-Stat blood test
• Subcutaneous injections (eg. Procrit/ Repatha/Insulin / Praluent)
• Intramuscular injections
• Transdermal injections
• Availity insurance verification
• Lab Corp and Quest provider portal