James A. Bernitt
Spencerport, NY ***59 •
email@example.com • 585-***-****
Director of Sales
Market Research and Analysis / Retail and Category Management / Product Development Process Improvement / Business to Business (B2B) Communications / Promotion and Sales Strategies Dynamic sales professional with a proven record of managing sales and marketing operations to produce enhanced revenue and profits. Driven leader with interpersonal skills that immediately establish credibility, exhibit leadership, and encourage productive business relationships with customers and partners. Demonstrated history of successfully building sales territories and key relationships that generate quota surpassing revenue, reduced costs, and outstanding customer satisfaction. Established strengths in developing winning sales strategies and identifying business opportunities. Areas of Expertise:
• Marketing and Promotion Strategies
• Sales Analysis and Forecasting
• Purchasing and Pricing Strategies
• Customer Relationship Development
• New Business Development
• Sales Team Building and Mentoring
Rochester Drug Co-operative – Rochester, New York (1999-Present) Director of Sales (2017 to Present)
Develop and manage a loyal and productive sales team of 27 associates across 10 states, generating over $1.5 billion in sales. Spearhead strategy and execution of sales operations to meet established monthly goals. Coach and evaluate sales team to grow their market and raise customer satisfaction. Coordinate sales efforts and implement sales plans for targeted market penetration. Moderate and contribute to monthly sales strategy meetings to ensure the company generates productive sales calls and is positively positioned in the market. Analyze sales figures, review business trends, and forecast future sales volumes to maximize profits and reduce losses.
• Realized over $1.5B in sales through effective sales and team management, strategic customer outreach, and consensus building leadership.
• Reduced inventory by 10% year over year by fostering relationships with key customers that promoted company loyalty and dedication.
• Drove sales through innovative marketing plans and merchandising strategies producing a 15% increase in promotional revenue year over year.
• Created a matrix pricing program that led to expand revenue through value-based sales proposals and propel financial stability.
James A. Bernitt
Rochester Drug Co-operative – Rochester, New York
Category Manager (2012 to 2017)
Managed 20+ pharmaceutical categories and supported two distribution centers over 10 states to boost sales of $60 million through strategic pricing and productive marketing and sales campaigns. Assessed the competitive landscape and instituted sales program adjustments and improvements to effectively respond to the market. Developed new accounts and expanded business with existing customer base through innovative marketing programs and productive vendor relationships. Evaluated sales activity and outcomes with purchasing and sales team and prepared them for new promotions, pricing, and inventory to increase sales. Developed and implemented monthly sales promotions and initiatives to increase market share and profitability.
• Increased category sales from $25 million to $60 million and gross profits from 5.5% to 11% between June 2012 and January 2017.
• Created and developed over $650k in effective annual promotion strategies to reach and develop productive relationships with potential customers and key decision-makers.
• Analyzed product movement and maximized purchasing and pricing practices to identify and reduce
$3 million in slowly moving inventory in 2017.
Rochester Drug Co-Operative – Rochester, New York
Over the Counter (OTC) Buyer (1999 to 2012)
Managed daily OTC purchasing from 250 vendors leading to increased service levels and sales revenue. Determined company purchasing needs by forecasting demand and assessing distributor requirements. Maintained productive relationships with distributors at all levels through effective ongoing and follow-up communication.
• Propelled service level from 94.2% to 98.4% as a result of mutually beneficial distributor alliances.
• Increased sales revenue from $11 million to $60 million over tenure by forging ongoing relationships with distributors and vendors.
• Grew advertising collections from $130k to $600k over 12 years through strategic marketing. Education
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration • Rochester Institute of Technology – Rochester, NY