firstname.lastname@example.org – U.S Citizen
Sophomore Mechanical Engineering student who is seeking an internship. Education
Virginia Commonwealth University – Richmond, Virginia May 2022 Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.42 Relevant Experiences
Engineering Visualization & Computation
• Assisted in the design of Da Vinci armored car utilizing SolidWorks, Excel, and MATLAB.
• Created spreadsheets that had various formulas to solve various problems in Excel.
• Learned programming techniques in MATLAB to determine certain mathematical problems. Mech & Nuclear Engineering Practicum II
• Learned how to properly write lab reports for assigned projects to better explain my thought process.
• Acquired great teamwork skills through different lab assignments such as designing 3D printed robot. Undergraduate Research Assistant November 2019 – present
• Tasked to learn how to use ASCII file and use MATLAB to create contour plots.
• Researched and learned the skills needed to help three dimensionally represent given surface data measurements programmatically in MATLAB – via contour maps. Undergraduate Research Assistant January 2019 – April 2019
• Was asked to be a research assistant by a Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering Ph.D. Student.
• Was being trained about how to use lab equipment and how to perform electrochemistry experiments. Technical skills
• Solid Works; Microsoft Excel & Word; MATLAB; Machine Shop certification; Salesforce; Python Experience
NEOFECT USA Customer Support Intern June 2019 – August 2019
• Always communicated effectively with upset, confused, and curious customers. Provided them with the best customer service to maintain/improve the company’s relationship with its customers.
• As a salesforce admin, helped create different processes, reports, fields, list, and objects to enhance the company’s system. In addition, I used salesforce to solve the different departments’ issues to further aid in the company’s efficiency.
Chick-fil-A Team Member July 2017 – June 2016
• Resolved customer complaints and frustrations in a professional manner.
• Acquired, approximately 80-100, orders accurately and with great speed. Leadership/Organizational Experience
National Society of Black Engineers Freshman Representative September 2018 – May 2019
• Recruited 30 students to join the National Society of Black Engineers to help with professional development and create networks.
• Discussed effectively upcoming events for NSBE during general body meetings, in front of all members.
• Lead activities for NSBE members to perform.
NSBE PCI, Richmond, VA Volunteer Leader September 2018 - present
• Organized and facilitated activities for the NSBE Jr. students to promote critical thinking and teamwork among themselves.
• Aided the NSBE Jr. students that needed help with Civil Engineering bridge project and DC circuits.