New York, New York 10032
Seeking the opportunity to help students reach their full educational potential by obtaining an occupation as a professional teacher. Willing to relocate if necessary.
● Effective written and verbal communicator.
● Efficient critical thinker and problem solver.
● Proficient time management and organization.
● Excellent classroom management and leadership.
● Experience teaching with students of all grade levels.
● Experience working with students with special needs. St. Christopher-Ottilie Schools / Teacher Assistant FEBRUARY 2006 - PRESENT
GLEN COVE, NEW YORK
● Function as the lead teacher in the absence of the primary teacher.
● Manage and lead classrooms in a professional timely manner.
● Assist the lead teacher with classroom duties.
● Facilitate the preparation of creative lesson plans that capture student interest.
● Help students gain a better understanding of assigned coursework.
● Administer student exams and maintain student records.
● Offer support and assistance to students with special needs. Portsmouth Public Schools / Public School Teacher
MARCH 2004 - MAY 2005
● Fostered a classroom environment conducive to learning and promoting educational growth.
● Participated in faculty and parent conferences.
● Utilized a team teaching setting to teach academic and social skills to middle school children.
● Conducted individual and group activities in reading, science, and mathematics.
Norfolk State University / B.A. Degree in History and Liberal Arts
Graduated December 2004