Shantel R. Johnson
***** ** ****, *** ***** Sugarland, TX 77498
601-***-**** / firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a position that will develop and enhance my skills as a Chemist. Knowledgeable in the following areas:
● Performed a diverse range of laboratory operations and support tasks to include receiving, logging and accounting for samples, running a variety of tests using Liquid Chromatography, Gas Chromatography, High Pressure Liquid Chromatography, and other complex equipment and methodologies, product set up, devoping test methods for new instruments, running calibrations and maintaining calibrations on various instruments, and supporting lab test procedures with extensive data collection, analysis and storage essentials.
● Experience in laboratory, office and warehouse environments.
● Experience in: Windows XP, Windows ME, Windows 2000, Windows 98, Windows 7, 8, and 10 Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Access, Outlook, LIMS, Agilent CHEMstation Software, Oracle, and Waters Corporation Empower Chromatography Data System, SAP, and Waste Water Control System
● Experience running the following instruments:
Varian 715-ES ICP Optical Emission Spectrometer
Sindie 2622-10 Sulfur Analyzer
ThermoScientific Nicolet 380 FTIR
Shimadzu Total Organic Carbon Analyzer
Aglient Technologies 6890N GC System
Agilent Technologies 7890B IPA GC
Viscotek GPCmax VE 2001 GPC Solvent Sample Module
Anton Paar Density Meter DMA 4500 M
Anton Paar Flash Point Tester PMA 5
Mettler Toledo V20 Volumetric KF Titrator
Mettler Toledo RE40 Refractometer
Mettler Toledo HS 153 Moisture Analyzer
Agilent Technologies 400-MR DD2 NMR
Quality Assurance Analyst
Nalco Champion Energy Services Freeport, TX May 2014- Current
● Performing required analyses on samples
● Calculating batch adjustments and communicating these to production personnel.
● Preparing and standardizing reagent solutions.
● Inspecting all incoming and outgoing bulk shipments of finished products and raw materials.
● Providing technical assistance and support to all plant operations.
● May be responsible for performing routine maintenance and up-keep on assigned laboratory equipment and work areas.
● May be responsible for calibration and associated recordkeeping of analytical equipment or other special projects as determined by the QA Manager.
● May serve on the QIT (Quality Improvement Team), Step-teams, Quality Action Teams (QAT’s), or work with production and engineering or other QA personnel on Process Control Planning or Process Improvement Teams in efforts to achieve statistical process control and capability.
● Comply with all applicable site Safety, Health, Environmental and Security policies and procedures.
Quality Assurance Chemist
Pharmedium Services, LLC Sugar Land, TX November 2013- May 2, 2014
● Ran samples on Agilent Capillary Electrophoresis (CE) 1600 Series
● Performed calibration, operation, and routine maintenance of laboratory equipment according to the SOP’s, inventory of lab supplies and raw materials
● Inspected all incoming samples and reported to supervisor for any discrepancies
● Familiar with basic wet chemical analytical techniques
● Maintained accurate and organized lab notebook
● Ability to control testing and recognize sample failures
● Able to multi-task and capable of running routine analytical tests
● Performed necessary mathematical calculations and interprets data for Certificate of Analysis
● Worked on special projects assigned by the Quality Manager such as On-going Monitoring, Sterility, and Continuing Monitoring Programs
● GMP and GLP
POLARIS Laboratories Spring, TX January 2011- October 2013
● Experience in: Titratations, GC, HPLC, Visocity, Total Acid Numbers (TAN), and Total Base Numbers (TBN), Karl Fisher, Water ICP, Oil ICP, Liquid Chromatograph, Gas Chromatograph, Particle Count, and Particle Puantifier
● Monitored inventory of laboratory supplies and processed replenishment orders as needed
● Lab operations include maintenance, calibration and operation of equipment.
● Responsible for maintaining lab equipment, inventory of lab supplies and raw material
● Clean and sterilize laboratory equipment
Alcorn State University Alcorn State University
1000 A S U Drive 1000 A S U Drive
Alcorn State, MS Alcorn State, MS
B. S. Biological Sciences Masters Biological Sciences May 10, 2008 May 8, 2010