firstname.lastname@example.org • 206-***-**** • www.linkedin.com/in/shoumik-lodh
EDUCATION: Southern Methodist University Dallas, TX Bobby B. Lyle School of Engineering Aug 2017-May 2019 Master of Science in Electrical Engineering
Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune, India
College of Engineering Jul 2012-Jun 2016
Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering
RELEVANT COURSES: Semiconductor Devices and Fab, Optical Fiber Communication, Electromagnets Guided Waves, Electromagnetic Radiation and Antennas, Embedded Wireless Design, Analog and Digital Control Systems, Lasers and Photonics, Power System Analysis, Power Management in Mission Critical Facilities, Intro to Semiconductors
SKILLS: MS Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Zemax, RSoft, OptSIM, C++, C, Mathematica, MATLAB, LabView LAB EXPERIENCE:
Research Assistant to PhD. student at SMU in Optics and Photonics field on a DARPA research project
• Experience handling various optical components including various types of lasers, photo-diodes, oscilloscopes, spectrometers, lenses, mirrors, optical filters, isolators and beam splitters.
• Contributed to experiments on seeing around corners by detection of laser speckle on dry wall from a hidden object.
• Installed and coupled optical fibers in experimental setup.
• Experience aligning lasers and detectors.
• Experienced with spatial filtering, interferometric and fiber coupling techniques. MOSFET Fabrication as part of Semiconductor devices course
• Have experience with CMOS fabrication production flow and have deep understanding about FINFET technology.
• Experience with photolithography, oxidation, diffusion, etching and metallization processes.
• Fabricated and tested working p-channel silicon MOSFETs on 4-inch wafers.
• Have experience working in a class 1000 cleanroom environment.
• Have experience using cleanroom equipments like HTG Maskaligner, Photolithography Bake Ovens, Manual Spinner, Sputter Deposition System, Oxide, Diffusion, Anneal Furnaces, Ellipsometer and Nanospec. ENGINEERING PROJECTS:
Embedded Wireless Design Lab Course Project Aug 2017-Dec 2017
• Implemented a code for Channel Selection using SNR for 2.4GHz and 5GHz band for 802.11 WARP
• While working in a group, contributed to the existing research by expanding the channel selection to multiple frequency bands instead of choosing channels at a fixed frequency band for achieving high throughput.
• Optimized the code to work for multiple WARP boards to automatically select the best frequency band and channel present for data transmission and reception. Undergrad Senior Design Project Jul 2015-Jun 2016
• Designed an Atmospheric Water Generator powered using a Bi-cycle Gear Arrangement
• Retrofitted an A.C. unit, in order to make the project economical to create the atmospheric water generator.
• Have experience working in a multi-disciplinary team and with engineer of different background. INTERNSHIPS:
Rockwell Automation India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi Area, India Oct 2016 – March 2017
• Assisted in the development and fabrication of panels for Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Project.
• Implemented soft wares like RXLogix5000 and FTView to develop Ladder programs and SCADA systems for the project respectively.
• Led the testing and fabrication process of the Automation panels on the shop floor. NTPC Badarpur Thermal Power Plant., New Delhi, India Jun 2015 – Aug 2015
• Learned about the inner workings of a Thermal Power Plant starting from the Coal handling process to the generation of electricity by Turbine driven generators.
• Assisted in the control and operations of various departments of the plant through the main control room. ACTIVITIES: Member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) at SMU, Member of Alliance of Graduate International Lyle Engineers (AGILE) at SMU.