S ONNY T AM V O
E LECTRICAL I NTEGRATION E NGINEER
Design and Implement Systems that Enhance Efficiency and Productivity Highly skilled professional with expertise in Inflight Entertainment (IFE) of avionic and Pilot Controls, development and manufacturing of new products, product transition and sustaining. Results-focused leader experienced in all phases of product development from design concept, design for test (DFT) and design for manufacturing (DFM), reliability, production and customer support. Testing & Troubleshooting Systems Engineering Mechanical Engineering Test Engineering 5S Program Assessment System Integration Test Equipment Project Management Electrical Engineering AS9100 Training & Implementation Process Improvement Lean Associate Certification
T ECHNICAL S KILLS
AutoCAD OrCAD P-CAD SolidWorks Microsoft Visio Peer Review Eclipse Plug-in (PREP) Subversion (SVN) Microsoft Excel Microsoft Word Microsoft PowerPoint VHDL Microsoft Project Electrical Engineering SAP BidMaster Minitab Gage R&R P ROFESSIONAL E XPERIENCE
COLLINS AEROSPACE, Irvine, CA
Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer Nov 2018 – July 2019 Coordinated design changes or improvements with design Engineering. Provided technical support and training for Manufacturing. Maintained and updated all test documentation and drawings to current configurations. Supported 3 rd party vendors. Provided technical assistance and support to sub-assembly and top-level testing.
● Developed and maintained work instructions, process control procedures and operating procedures.
● Reviewed test methods and test equipment, streamlining test processes and improving test flows.
● Established Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) including Vibration Table and Thermal Stress, eliminating latent manufacturing process defects from each manufactured LRU and removing infant mortality from LRU prior to shipment. Identified problems if design was inherently fragile, and if qualification testing was benign or incomplete.
● Designed qualification acceptance test procedures (ATP), circuit board functional test procedures (FTP), and system procedures, creating methods to test unit or board level.
● Involved in PCB design for single & double sided circuit boards with multi-layers, verified the traces and pads, internal & external signal players, ground layers, power layers, thickness and more. Reviewed gerber files for components’ spaces and the board’s edge for mounting holes.
● Involved in commercial airplanes (IFE) such as Cessna, Dassault, Embraer (ERJ 170/190), Bombardier, Boeing (B747/B787/B777).
● Involved in Pilot control for commercial airlines such as Boeing (B787, B777) for Thrust Control Module
(TCM), Alternate Flap Switch Module (AFSM), Flag Control Module (FCM), Speedbrake Module (SM), Parking Brake / Alternate Pitch Trim Control Module; Airbus A350 Rudder Brake Pedal Unit (RBPU), Mitsubishi Regional Jet MRJ Thrust Control Module (TCM). S ONNY T AM V O firstname.lastname@example.org P AGE T WO
● Involved in government pilot controls E2D, C-27, C-130, Larias (F35) program (FCSA, RBPA, CM, PRCM).
● Investigated/resolved production problems of test results including failure analysis and qualification testing, troubleshooting or replacing bad components as needed.
● Engineered internal system verification test procedures for testing all LRUs including 3 rd party products, confirming the unit is powered on and displays the correct message.
● Developed, implemented and maintained test methods and processes for board level and top-level product, launching step-by-step methods to test each function of engineer’s requirements.
● Designed, generated (BOM), and developed the harnesses & cables in IFE and pilot controls for test station, system test, ESS, vibration table, environmental, and EMI (included internal & external cables).
● Provided technical interpretation of drawings/specifications, ensuring drawings match current fixture (or cables, setup diagram). Updated drawing to reflect current conditions. Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer (with Rockwell Collins, acquired by Collins Aerospace) Dec 1997 - Nov 2018
Led Quality Engineer Team in solving 3 rd party products for Out of Box Audit (OOBA) problems. Maintained and updated all test documentation and drawings to current configurations. Coordinated design changes or design improvements with design Engineering.
● Analyzed and planned workforce utilization, space requirements, workflow, and designed layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
● Develop and maintain work instructions, process control procedures and operating procedures.
● Worked closely with product development teams to ensure products are designed for manufacturability.
● Analyzed defects & root cause and proposed corrective action.
● Provided technical assistance in installation validation and startup of facilities/production equipment modifications and capital projects.
● Utilized and promoted the use of lean manufacturing concepts.
● Improve existing manufacturing processes and equipment including preventive maintenance programs.
● Provided training support & engineering support to the maintenance test engineering group in regards to troubleshooting the ATE (Automated Test Equipment), FTP, ATP stations & system rigs and new product/process or modification of an existing product/process and improve/maximize the performance of equipment and processes.
● Created and reviewed CRs & ECOs, and supported implementation & phase in of product changes.
● Supported introduction of new products onto the production floor, ensuring manufacturing readiness.
● Interfaced with developers in executing projects. Participated in designing and drawing reviews.
● Provided daily, hands-on support to the production line, QA and Design engineering for all matters. HUGHES - AVICOM (Acquired by Rockwell Collins), Pomona, CA Aug 1994 - Dec 1997 Electrical Engineer
Worked in the production manufacturing facility of Interactive In-Flight Entertainment System with screens at every seat, overhead monitors, and passenger service functions. Provided and supported manufacturing of building, testing, troubleshooting, and maintained all products.
● Interfaced between engineering and manufacturing, analyzing and redlining requirements for documents and production test procedures.
A DDITIONAL R ELEVANT E XPERIENCE
KVB INC., Irvine, CA, Electro-Mechanical Technician TELEVISION SERVICE OF PSYCHOLOGY DEPARTMENT, CSU, Long Beach, CA Technician Assistant
E DUCATION Jan 1989 - June 1994
Bachelor of Science (BS), Electrical Engineering, University of Long Beach, Long Beach, CA