Ruben A. Cueva-Lopez
MECHANICAL DESIGN & MANUFACTURING ENGINEER
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; U.S. Citizen
Primary & Secondary Mechanical Design & Manufacturing for Aircrafts & Spacecrafts, Rockets for Space Missions. To contribute any Aerospace Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) as ULA, Airbus, Boeing, Space X, developing Next Generation Aircrafts, Rockets for Launch Systems for Space Mission. Propulsion Systems for Military Vehicles for US Army using MBD - Model Base Definition & Material Review Board (MRB) Engineering.
• ULA-United Launch Alliance (Boeing BDS & Lockheed Martin); Centennial, CO...Aug. 2019–Feb.2020 Structural /Rockets Design Engineer: Part of the Team Vulcan-Centaur Solid Rocket Booster (SRB) & Vulcan Centaur Trust Structure & Systems for Launch Vehicles as Vulcan Centaur Rocket. Tasks:
* Delivery/Approval the CN- Change Notice for Propellant Level Instrumentation System (PLIS) for Solid Rocket Buster (SRB) and Cryogenic (LOX, LH2) using NX11 (TeamCenter) & CREO 4 PTC with Windchill
* ECP-Engineering Change Proposal for MBD Model Base Definition Compliant Tubes for Vulcan Thrust Structure and System Components INSTL for Piping & Instrumentation Diagram using NX11 Unigraphics.
• L3-HARRIS (Ex-General Dynamics) Combat Propulsion Product., Muskegon, MI..Oct.2018-Jan.2019 Senior Propulsion Design Engineer Part of the MRB Team for Combat Propulsion Systems. Product Review Engineering in Manufacturing Military Vehicles for USA & Intern. Army, using CREO 4.0 PTC.
• BDS-Boeing Defense, Space & Security (in two BDS’s sites) February 2016 – April 2018 Aerospace Structural & Payload Design Engineer (Oklahoma City, OK) Structural Upgrade/Modification of the Boeing B737-800 and Full Cockpit Digitalization with GPS, TACAN Systems in Project PHOS-Poland Head Of State; Presentation of NRPD-Non-Recurring Product Development for Antennas INSTL on B737-800. Upgrade/Modification of KC-135 Tanker at MRB Team Aerospace Systems Design Engineer (Ridley Park, PA) Execute/Delivery the ECN-Engineering Change Notice in Product Review Engineering for the CH-47 Chinook Helicopter and V22 Osprey for US Army& Partners (UK). Updated the ECS-Environmental Control & Fuel System; Hard Points, Electronic & Wire Cable Harness with CATIAV5/V6 at MRB Team.
• UCLA-University California Los Angeles January 2013 – December 2015 Astronautical Engineering Academic Certificate (Post-Doc) Sponsored by Boeing Company and the U.S Federal Government to prepare high skills aerospace engineers for space missions: Return the U.S Astronauts to the Moon and U.S Astronauts to explore Mars under NASA Space Missions Management. Topics & Requirements:
1.- Space Mission Launch Systems Engineering; 2-Space Power Systems for Spacecrafts; 3-Spacecraft Systems Design Eng.(Launch Syst); 4-Spacecraft Attitude Control; 5-Orbital Mechanics for Spacecraft; 6-World Class Manufacturing; 7-Rocket Liquid Cryogenic for Spacecraft Pressure-Fed Systems (Rockets)
• Boeing Company, Everett, WA May 2010 – December 2012 Aerospace Structural Design Engineer.
* Participated at the Project AFG-Accurate Floor Grid DA-Determination Assembly for Boeing B777; Got Boeing’s Award in Recognition & Appreciation for Special Effort as Design Engineer inside the MRB Team.
* Design Engineer Lead (DE), Sign Off Authority for FCc-Flight Configuration Changes in Production Support Boeing Jumbo B747-8 F/I (F-Freighter & I-Intercontinental), Return to Engineering Drawing Configuration after Flight Test Certification (FAA)participated as Design Engineer Lead at the MRB Team
* Design Engineer (DE) Lead; Sign Off Authority for configuration B787-9 LOPA (Layout Of Passenger Accommodation). Delivery SOW – Statement Of Work the CAR- Corrective Action Requirements, NCR- Non-Conformance Request, Production Revision Record (PRR-95000); ELR-Eng. Liaison Request.
*V-22 Osprey; Avionics Rack INSTL & Center console: Conversion Draw’s from CATIA V4 to CATIA V5/V6 & Design/Approval of the MBD (Model Base Definition)-Mylar Conversion for CH-47 Chinook AFT Firing Pylon structures with CATIA V5 with Siemens PLM Teamcenter at MRB Team.
• HAWKER Beechcraft Corporation; Wichita, KS Sept. 2008 – June 2009 Senior Airframe Design Engineer IV; Design/Approval of the ECR – Engineering Change Request in Production Support of the Business Aircraft HORIZON H4000, according with the ROBB report 2008 year 2
“The Best of the Best” Business Jet Fully in Composites (Kevlar and Metallic Honey-Comb) using Design Software’s CATIAV5/V6, Solidworks with Siemens PLM TeamCenter. inside the MRB Team.
• Boeing Company, Everett, WA August 2004 – June 2008 Aerospace Design Engineer
* Project: Large Cargo Door (LCD) and Passengers Doors fully in composites for B787-8 Dreamliner Program; Creation & Delivery the MBD-Model Basic Definition (3D) for B787- 8 inside the MRB Team
* Project EBU- Engine Build Up to install Rolls Royce TRENT-1000 and General Electric Propulsion Engines GenEx onto Boeing B787-8 Dreamline Airplane inside the Team LCPT-Life Cycle Product Team, Design of the Pylon, Nacelles & Thrust Reverser participated as Design Engineer Lead at MRB Team.
* Project: Boeing B777-Freighter, Conversion from the B777-LR200 (Long Range) Passenger Commercial Airplane to Freighter Airplane. Tasks: D1-Design Layouts for Modification the Horizontal Deck Integration of Seat Track Beam, Keel Beam Splice INSTL & After Wheel Well Bulkhead SECTION45 at MRB Team
* Project for the U.S. Navy, conversion Commercial Airplane Boeing B737-800 to Multimission Marine Aircraft (MMA) P-8A POSEIDON. Modification of the Fuselage Structures in Composites & Metallic.
* Project for American Airlines Boeing’s Airplanes in Fort Worth, TX, Design & Addition of Blended Fitted Winglets (3D) Models for Airplanes Boeing B737 & B767 with CATIA V5, ENOVIA LCA at MRB Team
• UCLA-University California Los Angeles, CA; USA (Post-Doc- Graduated) Jan. 2013 – Dec. 2015 Astronautical Engineering Academic Certificate, Program Sponsored by Boeing Company and U.S Federal Government under Trade Act of 1974; Key aspects of Propulsion Syst. Design & Rockets for Space Launch
• SHERBROOKE University, Quebec, CANADA; Sept. 1998 – June 2001 Master in Aerospace Engineering (M. Eng.)- Thesis Propulsion Systems; EBU-Engine Build Up Design of Pylon & Nacelles/Thrust Reverser to Install the Pratt &Whitney P&WC-305 Engine onto Bombardier Regional Jet CRJ-X C Series (now Airbus A220).
• NAU- National Aviation University; Kiev, Ukraine, European Union Graduated, October 1985 Bachelor, Master, and Ph. D in Aeronautical Mechanical Engineering.
1.- Certified in Composites Aircrafts Structures (40 hrs.) given by Boeing Company for Boeing Project B787-8 Dreamliner fully in Composites; CERTIFICAT issuing by Boeing Company in Everett, WA Sept. 2004
2.-GD&T–Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, Annotation (FTA) Full Training at Boeing Company in Everett, WA and issuing by VOUGHT/Boeing June 2005
3.- Design for Manufacturing (DFM) using Software’s: CATIA V4, CATIA V5 /V6, SOLIDWORKS interfacing with ENOVIA LCA & Siemens PLM Teamcenter. Expert: 20,000 hours of Experience. Unigraphics NX11 interfacing Siemens PLM Teamcenter. CREO 4.0 PTC interfacing Windchill PLM; Boeing’s CMPRO-Configuration Management for Production (Aircrafts); Boeing PDM-Product Data Management& IVT Digital Mock-Up experience
* MRB-Material Review Board as Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) acting as Design Engineer Lead inside the several Aerospace Projects, Systems Integration as Quality, Design Engineering, Stress (FEA), Manufacturing, Planning, etc.
* Presentation of the Projects Programs from PDR-Preliminary Design Review until CDR-Critical Design Review for any Aerospace Projects. Develops and implements Product & Process improvements for Space Launch Rockets.
* MBD - Model Base Definition (3D Model) Generation/Delivery/Approve of Parts / ASSY /INSTL, CATIA V5
* Structural Engineering Disposition for Non-Conformances of Composites (Fiberglass, Carbon/Epoxy, laminate, Kevlar, Honeycomb Sandwich Assy.) and metallic (Aluminum Alloys, Titanium), Vis Digital Mockup (BOM)
• Membership of the AIAA-American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics; VA; USA
• Membership of the ASME – American Society of Mechanical Engineers; New York, USA.
• Membership of NACE-National Association of Corrosion Engineers; Houston, TX, USA.
• Membership of the Canadian Aeronautics & Space Institute; Ottawa, CANADA.
• Holder of the Active Confidential Clearance under the Federal Aviation Act, 49 W.S.C. Sec. 41101 and is Authorized to unescorted access pursuant to 14 C.F.R Sec.1542.209 (B) with FAR 1544.229.; whit ability to obtain the higher (SECRET, TOP SECRET) clearance levels.