MOLLY ESTERL-BYRNE, LCSW
Dedicated leader possessing years of experience in facilitating effective and engaged teams; using data to monitor and enhance the achievement of outcome expectations; and developing programs that improve the health and welfare of consumers with behavioral health concerns. Skilled in mentoring, training and contributing to the professional development of staff members. Proficient in managing budgets and being an accountable steward of organizational resources. Proven history of communicating effectively; establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships; and embracing challenges aimed at the improvement of service and care for consumers.
• Program leadership
• Change management
• Team development and engagement
• Resource management
• Program development
• Clinical supervision
• Data-driven decision-making
• Collaboration and delegation
• Performance monitoring
• Outcomes focused
Owner and Practitioner of Private Practice Agency, 07/2014 to Current Leaning In Counseling, LLC – Broomfield, CO
• Opened private practice to offer individual, family and marital therapy to consumers seeking behavioral health services.
• Engaged with several insurance companies to become a credentialed provider on their panels.
• Developed required paperwork necessary to initiate treatment including Disclosure Statement and Notice of Privacy Practices.
• Partnered with electronic medical record organization to document services provided in a HIPPA protected manner as well as a billing agency to ensure financial sustainability.
• Deployed marketing strategy to increase visibility in the Denver-metro area and ensure an ongoing flow of referrals.
• Currently under contract with a large managed care organization as a confidential practitioner to provide behavioral health services to its employees.
Director of Community-Based Services, 9/2019 to 3/2020 Devereux Advanced Behavioral Therapy – Denver, CO
• Providing over-sight to various community-based programs including traditional outpatient services; intensive home-based services; supportive employment services; and a medication management clinic.
• Directing clinical supervisors to effectively managed the community-based programs that are providing care to clients whom experience emotional/behavioral issues and developmental disabilities.
• Addressing financial concerns and implementing programmatic changes to influence the sustainability of the community-based programs.
• Marketing the services provided by the community-based services to potential referral sources. Program Manager, 04/2016 to 9/2019
Community Reach Center – Thornton, CO
• Directed Behavioral Health therapists and support staff to provide effective and efficient care to consumers with diverse mental health concerns.
• Created a culture of trust to enhance team loyalty and employee engagement; creative and innovative problem-solving; and personal/profession growth of each team member.
• Developed a self-directed team through effective conflict management, empowerment, and leadership through times of uncertainty and change.
• Displayed transformational leadership by facilitating the flow of communication and closing the gap between senior leadership and employees through authentic relationships.
• Acted as a responsible steward of agency resources utilizing accountable budgeting and financial oversight; promotion of employees' unique skills and talents; and wise purchasing practices to ensure sustainability.
Affiliate Faculty, 09/2013 to 08/2017
Regis University – Thornton, CO
• Developed curriculum and taught diverse classes for the Master’s Program for Counseling at Regis University.
• Classes included: Basic and Advanced Counseling Skills; Counseling Theories; and Measurement and Evaluation in Counseling.
• Evaluated student performance; provided grades for essays and presentations; and recorded final grades for the semester.
Senior Manager, 08/2005 to 06/2014
Kaiser Permanente – Westminster, CO
• Directed a large team of therapists, nurses/medical assistants and support teams to manage significant caseloads and deliver excellent care to consumers.
• Proposed and developed the implementation of Outcomes Informed Care for the Behavioral Health Department which allowed therapists to become aware of early response to treatment and quality of the therapeutic relationship from the consumer's perspective. Efforts resulted in increased engagement and positive completion of care.
• Initiated concept and installment of productivity hours to measure the face-to-face and telephone contact that therapists were having with consumers. Program elements produced an equalization of workload, standardized schedules, and electronic data collection.
• Assisted Supervisor of Eating Disorder Program in offering topic specific supervision and review of higher levels of care in a cost-effective manner.
• Participated in a Labor-Management Partnership with Local 7 Union which represented the therapist group. Was a member of the team that negotiated one of the three year contracts between Kaiser and Local 7 Union.
Program Manager, 05/2002 to 08/2005
Kaiser Permanente – Westminster, CO
• Assisted Senior manager in the clinical supervision of therapists and interns.
• Partnered with Senior Manager to facilitate team meetings and clinical group supervision; operational responsibilities; and employee disciplinary procedures.
• Directed the efforts of support staff and crisis teams in providing seamless access to services and rapid evaluation.
Behavioral Health Therapist, 12/1996 to 05/2002
Kaiser Permanente – Westminster, CO
• Delivered ongoing therapeutic services to consumers seeking behavioral health care. Displayed excellent therapeutic interventions as a "generalist" using individual, group, family and marital modalities.
• Participated as a member of the Crisis Team to conduct rapid assessment for higher levels of care and referral to appropriate follow-up services.
Day Treatment and Residential Program Supervisor, 07/1989 to 12/1995 Tennyson Center for Children – Denver, CO
• Managed a Day Treatment Unit from July 1989 to August 1992 and a Residential Cottage from August 1992 to December 1995.
• Provided direct care to children/adolescents who required higher levels of care than outpatient services and displayed significant mental health and behavioral concerns.
• Utilized a one-way mirror intervention and structural techniques in working with families of children/adolescents.
Master of Arts: Social Work, 1988
University of Denver - Denver, CO
Bachelor of Arts: Business Administration and Management, 1983 University of Texas at the Permian Basin - Odessa, TX LICENSE/CERTIFICATIONS
• License for Clinical Social Work (LCSW) awarded in June 1991; #CSW 00989761
• Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) training program; Maiberger Institute; Boulder, CO; 2013
• Structural Marriage and Family Therapy training program; Colorado Institute for Marriage and the Family; Boulder, CO; 1993
• Menninger Family Therapy training program; Menninger Institute; Denver, CO; 1991 PRESENTATIONS
• "Positive Outcomes of Servant Leadership"; Poster presentation at National Conference for Behavioral Health; Nashville, TN; March 2019