Lorne-Wayne Nelson BSc, AS.
I possess excellent communication and organizational skills. My major strengths are in the areas of quality, management, administration, planning, and effective execution of projects for the advancement of my employer. I am well versed in the following areas:
· quality assurance,
· personnel management
· operations management,
· supplier quality review,
· vacuum systems,
· mechanical engineering,
· electrical-mechanical engineering,
· electrical testing,
· dimensional inspection,
· systems security,
· building systems and
· environmental fields.
· Canterbury University: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering.
· Santa Barbara City College (SBCC): Associate of Science in Electronics.
· University of California, Santa Barbara: Air Quality Management Certificate.
· Six Sigma Specialists Certified: Green Belt.
· IPC-A-610 Rev D, Acceptability of Electronic Assemblies, Certified IPC Specialist.
· Raytheon: Certified: J-STD-001B, J-STD-001C & J-STD-001E Soldering Electrical and Electronic Assembles.
· Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
· Police Reserve Training: Level II - Post Certificate # 459-***-****, Administrative of Justice. Work Experience
Northrop Grumman/Astro Areospace, Oxnard, Ca. Quality Assurance Engineer 08/19 to present
· Develop, modify, apply and maintain quality evaluation, control systems and protocols for processing materials into
· partially finished or finished material product.
· Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing functions to ensure quality standards are in place.
· Devise and implement methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
· Generate and review various internal and external documents for compliance to contractual requirements.
· Review technical drawings and specifications for accuracy and inspection suitability.
· Professionally represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues.
· Audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
· Ensure corrective measures and documentation meet acceptable standards and requirements.
· Lead Material Review Board meetings for products and materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
· Responsible for floor quality, Assembly Build Records Manufacturing Operations, inspections points, customer coordination, customer presentations, sub-tier and top level builds, integration testing, test set-ups, and test data review. Nelson Consulting, Goleta, Ca. Quality Consulting and Management 01/92 to Present
· Validate data using assessments of an action, a decision, a plan or a transaction that is correct. Page 2 of 4
· Review installation, operational, and performance qualifications for verification and validation of systems.
· Lead measurement system analysis activities including Gage R & R, test method validations, and test procedures integral to the design transfer process.
· Conduct 1st Article inspections (AS9102) to completion.
· Establish and maintain quality assurance standards, procedures and controls.
· Work directly with customers and vendors to meet requirements as specified by product and regulatory agencies.
· Responsible for systems design and modification activities in statistical process controls, discrepant material review, and instrument calibration.
· Inspect quality and hardware.
· Act as Supplier Quality Engineer performing supplier audits and inspections, monitor supplier quality related activities and reports issues.
Parker Aerospace, Camarillo, Ca. Quality Engineer 04/19 to 08/19
· Developed and established quality systems and procedures, inspection plans, quality performance trends, statistical plans, cost estimates and technical quality plans for proposals. Ensured that project and/or process control documentation was compliant with requirements and contracts.
· Assessed the cost of, and determined the responsibility for, products or materials that did not meet required standards and specifications by performing statistical analyses.
· Identified quality performance, trends and corrective action by coordinating with customers and suppliers. Ensured compliance to specified quality requirements by performing in-house and supplier audits and surveys. Developed and initiated programs to improve supplier performance.
· Prepared reports by collecting, interpreting, analyzing and summarizing data and making recommendations. Analyzed proposed changes in methods and materials. Compiled and wrote training material and conducted training sessions in quality control activities.
Gavial ITC, Goleta, Ca. Quality Manager 12/17 to 11/18
· Performed general and project-specific oversight to ensure quality program requirements were complete.
· Reviewed documentation to ensure contractual and quality program requirements were understood and met.
· Performed internal audits of the quality programs.
· Monitored, inspected and tested activities to ensure they were conducted in accordance with the QA program.
· Ensured records of completed activities were received and properly maintained.
· Defined corrective actions and process improvement initiatives, verified implementation, and assessed effectiveness.
· Evaluated changes to industry standards to assess the impact on the quality program.
· Interfaced with all company employees, customers and suppliers.
· Implemented programs for corrective action and process improvement. Wilmanco Inc, Moorpark, Ca. Quality Manager 01/17 to 12/17
· Devised and established company quality procedures, standards and specifications, reviewing customer requirements to ensure compliance.
· Created a new Quality Management System in accordance with ISO 9001:2015.
· Set standards for quality, and health and safety, by creating procedures for manufacturing and production processes.
· Set up and maintained controls and documentation procedures.
· Monitored performance by collating data and producing statistical reports.
· Developed and maintained systems to track internal and external rejections.
· Lead reject and scrap reduction activities.
· Worked with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements for external suppliers.
· Developed and maintained systems to perform in-process and final inspection audits.
· Presented monthly and annual reject data reports to upper management in support of process improvement implementation and strategic goals.
Zodiac Aerospace, Santa Maria, Ca. Operations Manager 06/15 to 10/15
· Ensured and improved the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organizational operations specific to new interior products.
· Conducted PDR, TRR, CDR, and FAL meetings.
Page 3 of 4
· Coordinated Engineering functions and worked with Engineering Managers to ensure timely release of drawings and ECN’s.
· Improved processes and policies in support of organizational goals. Quality Assurance Engineering Manager 01/15 to 06/15
· Ensured that inspections, audits, and reports on materials, processes and products used in the construction of aircraft seat shells and monuments conformed to industry requirements and company quality standards.
· Coordinated the release of quality documentation to support the delivery of completed product.
· Supervised first article inspection of newly designed or revised products.
· Supervised QC and production personnel to drive continuous improvement.
· Monitored and reviewed results and performances and initiated corrective action on any deviation.
· Interfaced with multiple groups to develop and implement Quality Management Systems.
· Maximized manpower, equipment and facility utilization.
· Interviewed, hired, and trained employees; planned, assigned, and directed work; appraised performance; rewarded and disciplined performance.
· Provided support and communication with operation groups and customers to resolve design issues. Microsemi RFIS, Camarillo, Ca. Quality Assurance Supervisor 08/14 to 01/15
· Established and maintained quality assurance standards, procedures and controls.
· Verified and validated standard operating procedures. installation qualifications, operational qualifications and performance qualifications.
· Worked directly with customers and vendors to meet requirements as specified by product and regulatory agencies.
· Reviewed supplier audits and inspections at supplier facilities.
· I interviewed applicants, hired new employees, communicated performance expectations to employees; provided training and development, monitored and appraised work, monitored attendance, provided counseling and discipline as required.
· Responded to concerns, issues, suggestions and complaints to ensure positive employee relations.
· Monitored rework, RMA's, performed data analysis, and established action plans to resolve issues. Bardex Corporation, Goleta, Ca, Deputy Quality Manager, Senior Quality Assurance Engineer 03/13 to 7/14
· Conducted detailed studies of assigned project contracts and all-inclusive product specifications.
· Identified, gathered and compiled Bardex and customer quality and documentation requirements.
· Streamlined Non-conformance Reports using root cause analysis to obtain closure.
· Acted as Bardex Quality Assurance Manager in the absence of the Quality Assurance Manager.
· Promoted quality, improved operations, decreased turnaround times, streamlined work processes, and worked cooperatively to provide superior internal and external customer service.
· Reviewed supplier audits and inspections at the supplier facilities. Advanced Scientific Concepts Santa Barbara, Ca. Quality Assurance Manager 05/12 to 02/13
· Created the Quality Management System.
· Generated a quality manual incorporating AS9100C requirements, created AS9100C audit validation.
· Generated quality procedures for staff, ESD and FOD training documents.
· Provided quality support for PDR, HAR, TRR, CDR, PRR audits, and supplier engagements.
· Worked as Supplier Quality Engineer reviewing suppliers on an as need basis. MariPro L-3, Inc, Goleta, Ca. Quality Assurance Engineer 09/10 to 05/12
· Developed, modified, applied and maintained quality evaluation and control systems and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished materials product.
· Collaborated with engineering and manufacturing to ensure quality standards.
· Created and implemented methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
· Worked as Supplier Quality Engineer routinely reviewing suppliers, auditing processes and procedures. Page 4 of 4
Superconductors Technologies, Goleta, Ca. Quality Assurance Manager 2nd shift 09/06 to 07/11
· Maintained and improved Quality Control and Quality Assurance systems in the Manufacturing areas.
· Managed the Metrology Department and Receiving Inspection Department.
· Designed and modified process monitors and evaluation systems, worked with personnel in the implementation and maintenance of SPC and analysis systems, reported periodically on the status of Quality metrics, and conducted audits of implemented systems, documentation, and production adherence to test, process, and maintenance Instructions.
· Participated in the Change Control Board, Engineering Change Orders, and the Material Review Board as chair to assure objectives.
Raytheon Corporation, Goleta, Ca. Optics Engineer 06/02 to 07/10
· Maintained a Secret Security clearance as required by the Department of Defense.
· Performed and oversaw optical analysis and design functions in support of several programs.
· Interfaced with other departments including the Integrated Product Team Leader.
· Supported and regularly communicated organizational strategies and objectives.
· Provided technical and project lead support to visible and infrared sensor development programs and production programs.
· Supported subsystem integration, optical alignments, and verification testing as lead Engineer.
· Integrated and tested advanced optical imaging systems and associated hardware.
· Worked across functional lines to ensure that designs met technical requirements, cost and schedule goals.
· Developed complex, multi-spectral reflective and refractive optical systems for Earth and planetary remote sensing applications.
· Employed laboratory hardware, auto-collimators, theodolites, microscopes, and optical alignment and test practices. Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
· Worked as Senior Space Hardware Quality Assurance Engineer on the NASA Sensor.
· Reviewed quality assurance activities including document control, engineering changes, nonconforming materials reports, corrective actions and preventive actions.
· Supported the transition of new hardware into production, and internal audits.
· Provided floor quality: reviewed assembly build records, inspections points, integration testing, test set-ups, test data.
· Reviewed customer and DCMA coordination, provided customer presentations, provided monthly customer status reporting of sub tier and top level builds.
· Reviewed Statement of Work for Quality flow down and subcontractor visits to assure data compliance to the contract.
· Performed inspections and set quality assurance testing models for analysis of raw materials, materials in process, and finished products.
· Performed MRB, NCMR, FRB, CCB, MRCO, and configuration management.
· Identified root cause analysis and initiated effective corrective actions.
· Ensured compliance with contractual, company, and regulatory requirements.
· Applied quality engineering skills to develop and deploy effective and efficient methods for verifying and accepting processes and products, including the use of quantitative and qualitative tools.
· Provided quality support to Mission Assurance programs for PDR, HAR, TRR, CDR, PRR audits, and supplier engagements.
· Implemented quality assurance plans that included project documentation reviews, automated and manual systems and functional testing, and conducted risk assessments. Senior Metrologist
· Performed calibrations for the mechanical, electronic, electromechanical, and optical areas of metrology.
· Constructed, troubleshot, calibrated, adjusted, tested, and maintained equipment, components, devices, and metrology systems.
· Used a variety of methods, sequences, and setups to inspect and test specific equipment or product.
· Performed calibration and alignment checks, made adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed.
· Maintained a Secret Security clearance as required by the Department of Defense. Personal References Upon Request