Lauretta (Joey) Schultz
Get-It-Done Process Master seeks a challenging Product Manager or Project Manager position. Specializes in cross-team management and communication, keeping all internal and external stakeholders informed, well-represented and extremely satisfied—even when working with complex, innovative projects in an Agile environment. Proven record of working with development teams to produce on-time, under-budget new products, services (including SaaS) and upgrades. Areas of Expertise
Product Management Software Development Jira, Confluence, Kanban Project Management SaaS Project Leader C-Suite Communication People Management Problem-Solving Wizard Managing Creatives Team Building Cross-Functional Communication Communication Skills Strategic Planning Business Development Presentation Skills Writing Editing Proofreading
Contract Technical Writer, Writer, Editor 2015-Present
● Pursued successful Technical Writer and editorial projects on contract basis.
● Requirements gathering and documentation for multiple websites, cart-pay system, marketing tools and other editorial content projects.
● Helped provide 24/7 care for terminally ill parent. Uhlig LLC 1996-2015
Enjoyed an 18-year career with Uhlig, an innovative company that provides advanced publishing systems: from software to content to electronic and traditionally printed materials. Rose from managing editor when Uhlig had 20 employees to the senior executive of an entire division, in charge of more than 200 employees. Patent-holding member of the team that created Uhlig’s groundbreaking online editor and method of publishing, inventions that were the catalyst for the company’s growth. Left Uhlig in 2015 on good terms, with a generous incentive package, to pursue freelance editorial interests. Senior Vice President—Publications
● Ultimate responsibility for the creation, editing, production and on-time delivery each month of 2 million newsletters created with Uhlig’s SaaS online editor and publishing systems. Plus the unceasing development of upgrades to existing products and new products and services.
● Executive manager for the following departments:
Sales—Inside and Group
Art & Editorial
Vice President—Product Development
● Drive and manage cross-department teams in the creation of new products and services, delivering completely new products, in addition to significant upgrades for existing products.
● Ultimate responsibility for projects from conception to delivery, working with internal and external stakeholders to expediently create proper specifications, development, QA testing and launch. Vice President—Software Development
● Build and manage software development team, including multiple remote developers. Team grew 200%. ColdFusion, JS and mobile developers, onsite and remote.
● Supervised introduction of Fogbugz (now Manuscript) and Atlassian suite of tools (Jira, Confluence, Kanban) to manage documentation, specifications, backlog and launch. Vice President—Intellectual Property
● Ensure copyright and trademark protections for company’s proprietary content and designs.
● Uhlig liaison with outside counsel, both for basic intellectual property (copyright, trademark filings, etc.) and the patent-writing process that resulted in a successful patent awarded to Uhlig. Vice President—Publications
● Led 80-member staff in the creation, editing and fulfillment of 2 million newsletters each month.
● Manager of Customer Service, Art & Editorial, Production and Fulfillment departments.
● Final approval and ultimate responsibility for every newsletter master produced each month. Managing Editor—Art & Editorial
● Manage content creation, graphic design, editing and proofing of monthly newsletter templates. Managing Editor—IntelliSports fan publications
● Content creation, graphic design, editing and proofing of weekly tabloid newspapers for fans of three Big 12 schools. Publications were purchased by Uhlig LLC in 1996. Wichita Eagle & Beacon Publishing Co. 1986-1996
● In ten years at Kansas’ largest newspaper, held the following positions: Managing Editor—Midwest Sports Publications; Assistant Editor and Copy Desk editor—Sports; Senior Sports Writer; State and County Political Reporter; Law Enforcement and Judicial Reporter; General Assignment Reporter.
University of Kansas 1982-1986 Bachelor of Arts, Journalism References available up request