Miao (Christina) Gao
Miao Gao is a Simplified Chinese - English translator with 7-year experience based in Singapore. She also speaks German and some Cantonese. She holds Dependent Pass in Singapore. With strong skills of translation, localization and digital marketing, Miao is confident to contribute her part to your company.
07/2019-present: Samanea Management Private Limited In-house Translator cum Project Assistant Singapore
1. Handle translation and content management of internal and external documents, including financial and marketing research reports, legal documents, etc.
2. Project management for overseas projects: filing, leasing management, expense reimbursement, etc.
07/2017-09/2017: China Lesso Group In-house Legal Translator Hong Kong
1. Handle legal translation and proofreading legal documents
2. Handle branding and financial translation for the Company
03/2016-02/2017: Wonderful Sky Financial Group In-house Translator Hong Kong
1. Handle financial translation and marketing translation for Chinese listed companies in China, such as news releases, research reports, business documents of investor relation and so on.
2. Liaise with translation agencies for outsourcing jobs
06/2013-Present: International translation agencies Freelance Interpreter and Translator Germany, Hong Kong and Mainland China
1. Translation and proofreading (3,600,000 words up to now)
Specialties: Business, marketing, culture, art, legal, IT, finance, tourism, etc.
Lead a team of four for localization and translation projects.
2. Interpreting (200 hours up to now)
Consecutive, simultaneous and whisper interpreter of various meetings for enterprises, consulates and public agencies in fields such as marketing, business, art and culture, legal, etc.
01/2014-03/2015: Ethiopia Embassy in Beijing In-house Translator and Interpreter Beijing, China
1. Provide interpretation/translation support for the Ambassador and Defense Attaché and for incoming & out coming delegation & mission on issues such as politics, military and business etc.
2. Public administration and government relation
Search, analyze and research information by liaising at appropriate levels with Chinese ministries and official organizations
11/2012-06/2013: Beijing Hualian Department Store Company In-house Interpreter and Translator Beijing, China
1. Translation: Legal, financial and business documents, as well as meeting minutes
2. Interpreting: Consecutive and whisper interpreting for the general manager during his
meetings and business visits
3. Arrange meetings and authorize typewriters
09/2011-11/2012: Heriot-Watt University, UK English-Chinese Translation and Conference Interpreting Postgraduate diploma
09/2006-06/2010: Tianjin University of Sport, China English Bachelor of Art
Mandarin Chinese: Native
German: Fair (Telc B2)
Wordbee, Yiyun and other inhouse CAT tools
Internationalization: Creating Digital Content for the World issued by EDX
Localization: Adapting Digital Content to Local Markets issued by EDX
Telc Deutsch B2 issued by telc GmbH - The European Language Certificates