Bridgewater, NJ, USA
Ph # 305-***-****,
CHUBB Oct 2018 to Present
Vice President – Commercial Marketplace / Middle Market / Small Commercial Managed IT organization and provided IT leadership in supporting Chubb Small Commercial Marketplace (Strategic Platform) for Commercial Insurance division. Reported to SCI Divisional CEO and Responsible for managing $8MM OPEX and $22MM Capital budget annually.
Delivered Small Commercial Marketplace to support Digital, Insured & Agents portal straight through processing / servicing capability as well as supporting underwriting flow and processes. a) Small Commercial Agent Portal / Digital Channels Functionality (Account quoting framework for BOP, General Liability, Property, Work Comp, Umbrella, and Cyber and Small Commercial products, Consolidated Account Quote Proposal, Current Customer views for access to policy documents and detailed billing information, ability to request endorsements, Agent dashboard with alerts, alert preferences, customer search, and quick links to recently accessed accounts, renewal register, and customer lists, Knowledge and Support Center –FAQs, training, and product information, Agent online support) b) Underwriting Center Inventory Management (Assignment based on branch, agent, and line of business, Basic prioritization, Workflow based on work item type – underwriting vs operations; referrals, endorsement requests, etc., Integration between policy systems, inventory management, and front end to improve status tracking and communication to the agent, Work tracking and reporting for SLA commitments, Management notification for alerts of slowing queues; ability to reassign people and work and Support for delegation, escalation, suspense, reminders c) Supporting Components (Policy system integrations (Client MDM, Print Archive and Retrieval for Policy Documents), Duck Creek and Insurity Platforms. Front End APIs – JSON and/or SOAP based APIs for capabilities exposed to Front End for Product definition and Transactional support, 3rd party account and location data management, Centralized, persisted, governed and easy to use, System event management and integration with agent and insured notifications and Automated processes for renewal and cancellation)
Developed and built service desk and production support capabilities to support sales, agency, underwriter centers and underwriters for Marketplace Eco Systems.
Managed Business Transformation program to migrate lower middle market Commercial Segment business (customer with gross revenue from $10M - $100M USD) for General Liability, Property, Access Umbrella, Commercial Auto, Workers Compensation and In Land Marine products on to Chubb Commercial Marketplace which includes a) Middle Markets Segment Product configuration on to Duck Creek for UW functionality b) Internal enterprise services integration for various capabilities and external integration for data & agent interactions c) Agent Portal (Single Page Application using Angular) and Microservices APIs to provided straight through processing for Account quoting framework for Middle Market products, account level appetite check, Issuance, Agent / Customer dashboard, Endorsements & Renewal capabilities d) Data analytics for UW & management reporting along with pricing models & tools for on demand pricing refinement.
ACCENTURE, FLORHAM PARK, NJ May 2016 to Sep 2018
Senior Manager / Program Director – Financial Services Account Executive / Delivery Lead – Chubb Insurance (Small Commercial Insurance) – March 2017 – Sep 2018 Served as the Program Delivery Lead for the Chubb North America Small Commercial Insurance Integration Transformation Initiative. Worked with the Accenture, Duck Creek, Insurity and Chubb IT teams to design, build and deploy SCI Marketplace Eco System for SCI Products (BOP, Cyber, UMB, Workers Compensation and Commercial Auto) Delivered SCI Marketplace which includes Agent & Insured Portal (AngularJS / .Net) integrated with Duck Creek, Insurity Policy Admin System, BPM solution (Opentext), BizTalk, Chubb Corporate ESB. SCI Marketplace included 100+ Integration points providing account level clearance, quoting, STP for issuance and post bind transactions using automated business process flow and BPM capability for BOP, Cyber, Umbrella, Auto & Financial Lines Products. Developed and delivered partner and affinity integration using SCI Marketplace Agency Portal to integrate partner products offered through SCI Marketplace.
20 years of global experience with CIO-level success in Global IT Strategy & Planning, Business Development, Business / IT Transformation, Technology Delivery, Program Management, Project Management, Information Technology Security / Risk Compliance and global management & leadership Consistently overachieved targets with proven experience in driving large scale global IT Transformation Strategy / Programs delivery for Insurance and Financial Services. Domain expertise in Insurance, Information Technology and Financial services Entrepreneurial experience includes cofounding two companies with successful IPOs
Page 2 of 3
Delivery Lead – Chubb (Financial Lines / Specialty) Insurance - June 2016 - Feb 2017 Served as the Program Delivery Lead for the Application Development workstream from Plan to Analyze, which included the implementation of the Duck Creek system plus all integration and target system changes. Responsibilities included the following:
• Established overall business platform integration and consolidation strategy for Chubb and ACE Financial Lines Business by rationalizing products offering by market segments and streamlines products from 155 to 39+ go-forward products
• Established implementation scope and timeline to meet a defined business case
• Communicated and rolled out PMO deliverable / processes to Project Managers
• Provided oversight to Program Management Operations (e.g.MS Project Plan Planning, compliance to PMO processes, etc.)
• Monitored program timelines, milestones, resource usage, and program level risks/issues
• Overall leadership of a release from inception/requirements to design across all involved parties
• Drove design phase planning sessions to define timing of functional design meetings with Technical JAD sessions
• Provided input / feedback into delivery methodology (specifically the Requirement / Functional Design methodology)
• Reviewed Project Manager's MS project plans
• Served as an escalation point for Project Managers' risks/issues Management Consultant – West Bend Mutual Insurance Company - May 2016 - June2016
• Established business transformation roadmap with Duck Creek Platform for Consumer Insurance Products to increase productivity and reduce costs through improved uses of technology, operational efficiency. Established and facilitated insurance product rationalization following inheritance principles from DCT.
• Responsible for reviewing all requirements within scope
• Re-estimate as result of mobilization requirements
• Plan full project and move into detailed analysis/design and execution. AIG, NEW YORK, NY September 2012 to January 2016
Global IT Executive, Vice President – Personal Insurance (Consumer Lines)
• Established business transformation roadmap with selected foundational platform to increase productivity and reduce costs through improved uses of technology, operational efficiency. Established and facilitated insurance product rationalization globally and concept of technical products and marketable products definition for the pilot countries insurance product rationalization.
• Established AIG P&C Global Policy Administration, Sales, Marketing and Distribution platform replacement strategy based on business needs, strategic growth, product complexity mix, operational needs and geography.
• Managed global programs for Policy Administration, Sales, Marketing and Multi-Channel Digital Distribution programs / projects for Consumer Insurance for Latin America, Europe, Middle East and Asia Pacific Countries.
• Managed and influenced operating and capital budget of strategic program for approx. USD 196MM, direct activities of 15+ staff (Program, Project, Business Analyst, Application and Solution Architecture, Data and Integration) and 200+ matrix / project based resources (Regional IT, Transformation services and Multiple Products Vendors and System Integrator) globally.
Key Wins and Achievements-
• Established business segment capability model methodology and process / tool to capture business capability scoring to identify the GAPs for the focus and specific investment required to fill the GAPs with technology and operational solution sets.
• Established Consumer Lines IT Application Strategy and Transformation Roadmap for 2013, 2014
• Global roll out of Policy Admin System (Guidewire, eBao, Travel, Warranty) - plan for 56 countries: Initiated in LATAM and APAC.
• Managed and delivered Multi Channel Distribution capabilities (Purchase Path, Quotation, Issuance and Service capabilities) for Consumer Lines Business for Brazil, China, Singapore, Vietnam and Ireland including Direct (Web / Mobil), Agents, Brokers, Aggregators and Affinity Partners linking externalization with back office policy administration platform using HTML, C Sharp, Java, Adobe, Pega, Salesforce, Oracle, SQL Server and IBM Tools. AIG, MIAMI, FL September 2007 to September 2012
Regional Information Officer (CIO) – Latin America & Caribbean Region – Managed regional IT organization and provide IT leadership to business in 15 countries in the region. Managed, directly and indirectly, 250 personnel across 15 countries in LATAM (Managers, Programmers, Programmer Analysts, System Analysts, Team Leads, EIS support specialist and Project Managers) accountable for the local infrastructure, on-going maintenance, development and implementation of projects supporting $1.5B in revenues. Developed and managed $54MM OPEX and $47MM Capital budget annually Page 3 of 3
AIG, Taiwan November 2006 – September 2007
Operations & System Executive – Merger and Integration Managed merger and integration activities for local insurance company AIG Taiwan has acquired and based on local regulation we had 9 months to demonstrate two companies operating as one in eyes of customer, partner and regulators. Merger & Integration activities included branch operations, call center, customer service group, back office policy administration and IT platform for both companies AIG, MRTC, Philippines December 2002 – November 2006 Manila Regional Technology Center - Vice President (Head of IT) - Managed and build out IT captive shared services center and capability in Manila, Philippines to provide IT AMS, ADM and Infrastructure services / capability for Asia, Korea, Australia and USA business units. Responsible for the development of ADM and AMS processes, culture and delivery capability which lead to consolidate in- country IT ADM, AMS work from countries/BU into Manila. The further consolidation of IT delivery capability from USA technology center into Manila contributed in $50MM saving for the BU operating budget AIG, Parsippany, NJ
Information Technology Group - Senior Information Officer February 2000 – December 2002 Senior Consultant August 1995 - February 2000
Managed TATA-AIG India startup project for IT. Instrumental in implementing 13 corporate platforms and required infrastructure to provide business end to end capability for TATA-AIG business startup. Established project team in NJ, USA with staff and vendor resources and transferred AMS services to the vendor in India for ongoing support. Managed various project and program for the corporate platform deployment for the general insurance business. Deployed agency distribution, policy administration, CRM, data warehouse, claims management, BPM and Finance and Accounting platform internationally. The program includes counties are: Thailand, Malaysia, Ireland, United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Germany, Poland, Italy Mexico, Brasil, Hong Kong and Korea. Senior Consultant
Prudential (PPFS), Citi Consumer Finance, NYNEX January 1994 – August 1995 Education-
• Master of Science (CIS), Southern New Hampshire University, Manchester, USA July 1994
• Bachelor of Science (Electronics), University of Mumbai, Mumbai, India. June 1991 Computer Skills: -
PC, MAC, Windows, IOS, Salesforce, Oracle, Sybase, IBM Tools, Insurance ERP packages Guidewire, eBao, Exigen, Duckcreek, *Sistran.
.Net, Java, Angular/JS, SQL Server, Pega, MS Office Products, Oracle, Sybase, DB2, PEGA, IBM WebSphere, ETL, Talend, IBM ESB, Share Point, HP PPM, HP Quality Center, IBM ECM, Adobe Content Management, Adobe DM, Adobe Policy life cycle, https://www.linkedin.com/in/davepatelfl