Sabirah Shuaybi (email@example.com) CELL: 508-***-****
Mount Holyoke College, South Hadley, MA (2016 - 2019)
• Major: Computer Science (B.A.)
• Minor: Statistics
Relevant Coursework (ie. relevant to Application)
• Introduction to Creative Writing
• English Literature and Composition
• Educational Psychology
• Developmental Psychology
• Theories of Personality
• Hormones and Behavior
• Behavioral Economics
• First Year Arabic I
• Logical Thought
• Symbolic Logic
Writing Blog: https://sabirahsite.wordpress.com/page/1/ (my writing pieces, reﬂections and research essays) Github Repository: https://github.com/sabirah-shuaybi (code from CS and STAT academic projects) Experience (ie. most relevant to current application) ESL Teacher at Qkids March 2020 - Present
• Teach interactive and engaging online lessons to Chinese kids (ranging from 4-12 years) to help them learn English. Frequent use of TPR, fun and engaging props and lively conversations. Statistics Teaching Assistant and Grader at Mount Holyoke January 2018 - May 2019
• Held evening help sessions to assist students with assignments, statistical concepts and R programming/ debugging; prepared review sessions before exams to solidify students’ understanding of concepts
• Graded assignments/quizzes, providing each student with constructive feedback on coding style; provided professor with weekly summary to highlight common strengths/weaknesses in students’ work Online Arabic Teacher for Kids (Grades 9-12) January 2017 - July 2017
• Helped children learn the foundations of the Arabic language (Arabic letter system, vowels, joining rules, etc.) and facilitated practice sessions to enhance their ﬂuency, speed and pronunciation.
• Worked with 3-4 children per week on an individual basis through Skype and screen-sharing. Conducted two sessions per child per week.
Private Tutor for Incoming Second & Third Graders June 2016 - August 2016
• Tutored prospective second and third graders in reading comprehension, writing and math.
• Three times a week for an 1 hour over the course of a summer. Followed standard 3rd grade curriculum guidelines as well as occasionally supplemented with additional math and english workbooks.