Nicholas M. Mecham
Los Angeles, CA 206-***-**** email@example.com www.linkedin.com/in/nicholas-mecham
Accounting & Finance Professional
CRESCENT CAPITAL GROUP LP Fund Analyst Los Angeles, CA: September 2019 – Present
• Oversee fund administrators covering 24 reporting entities representing $8.5B in AUM.
• Review Quarterly Annual Financial Statements and Footnotes in accordance with GAAP.
• Review management fee, capital call, distribution, waterfall, and fund expenses in accordance with LPA.
• Manage fund liquidity and coordination with portfolio managers weekly to assess cash needs, including
calling capital, making distributions, and maintaining credit facilities.
• Prepare key internal reporting for Vice President, including monthly AUM, IRR, and Revenue.
• Coordinate with investment teams and counsel on deal close, due diligence, and funds flow process.
• Support Investor Relations in fundraising process by preparing ad hoc investor reporting and key
performance metrics for marketing materials.
• Oversee audit process, coordinate between internal and external parties, and monitor progress
• Coordinate between investment teams and fund administrators on quarterly valuation process.
STANDISH MANAGEMENT LLC Fund Controller Seattle, WA: May 2018 – August 2019
• Prepared Monthly, Quarterly, and Annual Financial Statements, Partner Allocations, and Capital Account Statements for Venture Capital and Private Equity clients in accordance with GAAP accounting.
• Oversaw investor capital calls and distributions. Monitored and prepared cash balances and forecasts.
• Performed Current Value liquidation analysis at investment level across various equity classes and debt issues.
• Assisted GPs in fundraising efforts by calculating Net IRR, Gross IRR, PIC, DPI, RVPI, and TVPI.
• Managed clients’ audit and tax relationships and oversaw the year-end audit and tax return process.
• Managed process for delivering quarterly and annual investor reports, K-1s, and other communications
DELOITTE TAX LLP Senior Tax Consultant Los Angeles, CA: Jul 2013 – Dec 2017
• Prepared, reviewed, and filed Federal and State Returns for a wide range of clients including Individuals, Pass-Through Entities, C-Corporations, S-Corporations, and REITs
• Primarily worked with clients in the Technology, Real Estate, and Private Equity / Hedge Fund industry sectors—drafting engagement letters, budgeting/staffing each engagement, and being accountable for profitability and customer satisfaction on each engagement
• Prepared and reviewed international tax compliance forms for inbound and outbound investments
• Advised clients on how best to capitalize on tax-efficient opportunities at a transactional/structural level
• Assisted clients in preparing Adjusting Journal Entries to convert Trial Balances From GAAP basis to Tax Basis, Cash Basis, and 704(b) basis.
• Assisted in the recruitment/hiring of junior staff, in addition to conducting new hire onboarding activities and providing training on technical tax issues to firm colleagues
MOSS ADAMS LLP Tax Intern Los Angeles, CA: Jun – Aug 2012
• Held three-month internship with this top national accounting firm, focused on the preparation/filing of Federal and State returns for individuals, pass-through entities, trusts, C-Corporations, and S-Corporations.
• Reconciled GL entries to trial balances and prepared book-to-tax reconciliations
• Secured a full-time offer following internship, based on performance and reviews by managers/colleagues
Education & Additional Data
B.A. Degree in Accounting Loyola Marymount University (LMU)
Coursework included: Advanced Accounting, Auditing & Attestation, Cost Management, Accounting Information Systems, Federal Income Taxation, Accounting Ethics, Business Law, Fundamentals of Finance, Intro to Statistics
Spanish language skills and experience in international work/travel environments
Software Proficiency: MS Office(Outlook, Word, Excel, Access), Great Plains, GoSystem, Prosystem Fx