Bachelor in Economics, and Minor in Data Analysis and College of East Asian Studies at Wesleyan University, Connecticut, US (Fall 2017- present)
• Expected graduation: June 2021 CumGPA: 3.61
CFA Certification- Investment Foundations Certificate, CFA Institute (Fall 2018) Honors/Awards: Dean’s list, Fall 2017 Abu Dhabi Investment Authority Distinguished Scholarship Program, McKinsey & Co. Edad Program.
Relevant Coursework: Capital Markets in China, Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Microeconomic Analysis, Investment Finance, Financial Crises, Marketing Management and Methods in East Asia and Emerging Markets, Macroeconomic Analysis, and Network Analysis.
Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (Summer 2019)
Intern, Internal Equities Department – Europe Market Team
• Conducted a market analysis seeking an entry opportunity for a large company stock.
• Researched market conditions, analyzed demographics and geographic conditions for the prospective investment.
• Utilized financial modeling techniques to perform valuation analysis and presented findings to supervisors.
• Presented a stock pitch with an investment conclusion to the Europe Team. Global Summer Program (GSP) - Asian Insights, Singapore Management University (Summer 2018)
• Engaged with Asian industry leaders through dialogue and networking sessions.
• Gained new insights and perspectives on trends and developments in Asia. Business, Language and Culture Winter Program, East China Normal University- Shanghai, China (Winter 2017)
• Assessed the parameters of marketing strategy and success in the context of prevailing Chinese cultural norms and expectations in a rapidly developing consumer culture.
• Conducted a marketing case study on Nike and Adidas strategy in China. VOLUNEETER AND LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Cofounder and Media Manager of the Public Speaking Club, Wes Speak, Wesleyan University (August 2018- present)
• Organized and led group discussions on improving the students’ public speaking skills.
• Innovated and collaborated on bringing in new ideas to practice public speaking skills in different contexts. Volunteer, Takatof (Summer 2018)
• 30+ hours of preparing and delivering boxes of food for breakfast during Ramadan. Program officer of Pangea International Student-Faculty Club, Wesleyan University (October 2017-May 2018)
• Developed multicultural event ideas with PANGEA team to promote international awareness.
• Facilitated team communication, provided administrative support and coordinated the operations of the board. Coordinator of WesAge, Wesleyan University (September 2017- May 2019)
• Created and managed events in the retirement house and on-campus.
• Ensured sufficient funds are available for each event, handled receipt and managed budget. Other Affiliations: Wesleyan Road to Finance, Wesleyan Middle Eastern Student Association, Wesleyan Patricelli Center for Social Entrepreneurship, and Wesleyan Investment Group. SKILLS & INTERESTS
Languages: Arabic (Native), English (Proficient), Chinese (Competent). Computer skills: Proficient in Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), STATA(Proficient), R(Proficient) Python(Competent), FRED Economic Data, Mathematica, and Bloomberg terminal. Interests: Competitive swimming, travel, cooking, baking, Chinese poetry, and numismatics.